Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Women’s World Cup

Comments

• Options
    Millie Bright's gone to pieces here
  • Options
    If Norway get one soon then they might well get back into this the way we've started to play
  • Options
    Bright makes Dan Seaborne look like Naby Sarr and Naby Sarr look like Maldini (although in fairness when does he not)
  • Options
    They look absolutely knackered. Got to learn to keep the ball better.
  • Options
    Why’s the golden boot contender not taking this 
  • Options
    Why is Parris on pens. She’s taken 3 and they’ve all been poor.
  • Options
    Just hope that Steph is okay the way she was holding her arm
  • Options
    OK, no more pens for that girl
  • Options
    Another really good height for the Goalie
  • Options
    Need a new penalty taker.
    2 out of 3 missed by Parris. 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can’t believe Whites not taking that
  • Options
    Neville doesn't look happy. He knows England can play so much better than that. Hopefully in the semi-final they'll really show what they can do; they'll have to.
  • Options
    According to the experts we haven’t hit top gear, but watching the amount of errors we make, especially when they get tired, they’re gonna need to step it up massively. We looked fucked after 70 mins, cos they give the ball away so much. 
  • Options
    Love watching this team. Play with passion and class. Come on England!!
  • Options
    Houghton, Bronze, Bardsley and Scott were superb from start to finish.

I hope Neville makes the big decisions. Pick Mead over Duggan and McManus over Bright.  This is the WC, no loyalty be ruthless. 
    I wanted that to happen before KO. I was proved correct. No passengers in semi final.
    Duggan worked hard but most of her passes go backwards.

Millie is a great player for Chelsea and England. In this tournament she has been poor and Houghton had to rescue her on 2 occasions tonight. After doing the same in the last game.

5 out of 5 games won. If Norway were sharper tonight they should've scored 3.
    Great achievement to reach semi but can we improve again to beat France or USA ?

Should be fun finding out.

Daley is a really good player and can replace Duggan if he only wants Mead to play 30 minutes.

• Options

I hope Neville makes the big decisions. Pick Mead over Duggan and McManus over Bright.  This is the WC, no loyalty be ruthless. 
    I wanted that to happen before KO. I was proved correct. No passengers in semi final.

Millie is a great player for Chelsea and England. In this tournament she has been poor and Houghton had to rescue her on 2 occasions tonight. After doing the same in the last game.

Great achievement to reach semi but can we improve again to beat France or USA ?

Daley is a really good player and can replace Duggan if he only wants Mead to play 30 minutes.

Was it Bright that has been suffering from a virus I cant remember? She has looked our weakest link at times and France/USA would target her. Who does McManus play with and is she any good as I don't think I've seen her.
  • Options
    edited June 2019

Was it Bright that has been suffering from a virus I cant remember? She has looked our weakest link at times and France/USA would target her. Who does McManus play with and is she any good as I don't think I've seen her.
    Abbie McManus was transferred to Man United from Man City last month after being Steph Houghton's CB partner for years.
    So no problem with understanding @OrpingtonRED

• Options

Abbie McManus was transferred to Man United from Man City last month after being Steph Houghton's CB partner for years.
    So no problem with understanding @OrpingtonRED

Cheers, That is good to know
  • Options

Phil Neville

'' I think we’ve seen tonight Lucy Bronze is the best player in the world, without a shadow of a doubt – with her athleticism and quality. There’s no player like her in the world. I played full-back but never to that level.''

I agree Phil, you were pretty average

Just seen his comment and whilst it's admirable he says that about his own player, is it actually true?

She can probably claim to the be the best right back but best overall?

@soapboxsam can probably offer a decent opinion but surely the likes of Hegerberg, Miedema, Lieke Martens, Alex Morgan, Marta or Marozsan would be ahead of her?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2019

Phil Neville

'' I think we’ve seen tonight Lucy Bronze is the best player in the world, without a shadow of a doubt – with her athleticism and quality. There’s no player like her in the world. I played full-back but never to that level.''

Just seen his comment and whilst it's admirable he says that about his own player, is it actually true?

@soapboxsam can probably offer a decent opinion but surely the likes of Hegerberg, Miedema, Lieke Martens, Alex Morgan, Marta or Marozsan would be ahead of her?
    Is she better at her position than they are at hers?  Also, could she do their job better than they could do hers?  If so, she would have a claim to be the best. 
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Great result which wasn't unexpected. Anybody wanting the complete performance from England will probably be disapointed. What they have is they are one of the most clinical teams and are hard to score against even if they do make mistakes from time to time. I said before the game they are a four to five pass team and there is nothing wrong with that, they play within that. 

I would ban Bright passing back to the keeper and sidewards passes from her have to be 100% safe or she should lump it up field or into touch. I said this before last night too, but that only confirmed it. That would mitigate much of the risk and she does bring positives to England.

Stokes was a horses for courses choice and absolutely right by Neville. I think the semi will be a Stokes course too. I knew where Parris was going to put that penalty - it is clearly where she is comfortable putting it. Somebody else has to take over the duties. I'm sure Neville will be working that out between now and the semi.

Anyway, England have a great chance so we should all be happy and proud of the girls.
  • Options

Phil Neville

It's so subjective but the names of the players you have mentioned are all World Class players. Marta Five years ago was the superstar along with Lloyd. Hegerberg is a superb player but she refuses to play for Norway for various reasons. ( Think Roy Keane when he refused to play for the Republic )
    Morgan is the Maria Sharapover Of the Football world earning more from outside modelling contracts than the rest of the USA squad put together.

Lucy Bronze is a powerhouse player who since joining the best club team in Europe, Lyon has improved again from her Man City days.
    Lucy is a world class player but can overrun the ball on her surges up field. Phil Neville is turning out to be a good manager and the girls trust his judgement. The best player in the world when you are a RB ! Is that possible ?  I'm just pleased she is English and World Class.
  • Options
    It has to be the effect the player has on the team - Bronze is key offensively as well as defensively.
  • Options
    It has to be the effect the player has on the team - Bronze is key offensively as well as defensively.
    When Bronze scored a similar goal against Norway four years ago I wondered if it was worth playing her in Midfield. I don't think Powell or Sampson every tried it but Neville has in a friendly and in one game in the she believe Cup. It was worth a try as she is so strong but it was not a complete success and Alex Scott was quite critical of this move at the time.
    My reason this season was Daly is an excellent player who should start for England and can play right back or Right wing or any where she is asked to play.
    Lucy Bronze plays as a full back and midfield and winger in every match I have ever seen her play ! Calling her a wing back doesn't do her justice.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    I think we have to put the men's football, women's football nonsense to bed. Women's football is women's football as women's tennis is women's tennis. It is very enjoyable to watch and if some of the dinosaurs watched more of it they would enjoy it for what it is. Talented elite women competing against each other.

I am looking forward to tonight's game immensely.

By the way - if we go and win this, I hope they put a statue up outside Wembley of Steph Houghton. Every great team needs a great leader and captain and she has no rivals in the women's game for me.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    As for Bronze, she provided the assist for the first, put Parris through to pass to White for the second and scored the third. That is playing as a right back. As mentioned before, she is a right back, right midfielder and right winger at the same time. That is why Neville is saying she is the best player in the world. Every manager would pick her first if they could.

I noticed how Parris especially gets back to cover her when needed. Neville has to take a lot of credit in all of this too.