Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wot no Millwall relegation thread?

Comments

• Options
    to stay up in championship you just need to find 3 clubs worse than yourselves early contenders, all be it v early days

luton, wigan and always a surpise down there stoke. 

i think both charlton and millwall will stay up and think palace may drop out of prem this season. 
  • Options
    although 15.6% posession is woeful 
  • Options
    To be fair to Stoke, and I don't like to say it, but Butland is the reason they are so low,
  • Options
    although 15.6% posession is woeful 
    Understatement 
  • Options
    to stay up in championship you just need to find 3 clubs worse than yourselves early contenders, all be it v early days

luton, wigan and always a surpise down there stoke. 

i think both charlton and millwall will stay up and think palace may drop out of prem this season. 
    Next season should be a good un then :-)
  • Options

That was a painful watch. Fulham, who were impressive against us the season they went up, looked a class above that last night.

I'd completely written off the games against Fulham and West Brom at the start of the season, so will happily take a point from those 2.

Also worth remembering that we've played 3 games against 3 teams that have made good starts to their respective seasons.

No shame in the result. Anyone that thinks there is definitely needs to give their head a wobble to make sure it's actually attached to the rest of their body.

Certainly no shame in losing to Fulham, as many teams will get beaten by them this season, but it's the manner of the defeat. Probably the most one sided championship game in history, which suggest Harris got everything completely wrong.

Also this is a side who lost at Barnsley and only beat 23rd placed Huddersfield late on.
    Admit the nature of the defeat is hard to take. 

But we’re four games in to the season, Barnsley was their first game of the season and first game back in the championship, with players bedding in and maybe at Barnsley a little ‘reality check’ for them? It’s taken them a few games to get into their stride but believe me they’re nailed on for top two and there won’t be many teams who will get much at their place this season. 

Can't argue with that, i said last night i actually think they have a better side now than they did last year.

Them and Leeds look to be the clear favourites, although i'm sure Leeds will find a way to fuck it up again.
  • Options

Far too early to even think about relegation, this league is wide open and I think it could be a tough one to call all season by the looks of it. As long as Charlton are above it!

We have had a good start but we are only 4 games in, lets look at the league after 12 games and teams have settled and then see where we are(CAFC), same with this lot. Before our signings I thought we were nailed to go down, also Millwall before theirs (admittedly they signed people before we did) I think we will both stay up now. Hopefully we get bragging rights for a change and break tradition when we play them.

• Options
    I think if you finish above us Leeds and Fulham, you win the League. 
  • Options
    I see the press conference after... Harris basically admitting that Fulham are the best in the league by miles and that a lot of teams will be getting spanked there this season.

I for one hope it isnt us haha love a Fulham away day.
  • Options
    Players must be a bit shell shocked after that. 15.6% possession must be close to a record for The Championship? After a solid start before last night I think it’s going to be about what reaction Harris gets from the players. They can stand up and be counted or hide. Don’t think Millwall will be pulling up any tress this season but they will be safe. They have shown already they can compete.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Millwall have set out their stall to be physical and bully sides. This has got them a few early points, but it can't get you past decent sides. The question is more around whether it will keep them up. Being honest, I'd say possibly. They will be down there though.
  • Options
    Why didn't big Matt Smith start yesterday? @MillwallFan
  • Options
    Millwall have set out their stall to be physical and bully sides. This has got them a few early points, but it can't get you past decent sides. The question is more around whether it will keep them up. Being honest, I'd say possibly. They will be down there though.

Incorrect. We've set out our stall to soak up pressure, hit teams on the counter and are prepared to let other teams have possession but ensuring they do little little with it (Fulham proving to be the exception that breaks the rule).
  • Options
    Wait until 9 November.......
  • Options

Incorrect. We've set out our stall to soak up pressure, hit teams on the counter and are prepared to let other teams have possession but ensuring they do little little with it (Fulham proving to be the exception that breaks the rule).
    Or put another way, park the bus and try to get lucky.

(Fulham too fast for us to kick them).
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

Or put another way, park the bus and try to get lucky.

(Fulham too fast for us to kick them).

No.
  • Options
    Why didn't big Matt Smith start yesterday? @MillwallFan
    God knows. Just the sort of player we needed out there last night, a big target to hold the ball up on the rare occasions we got possession. 
  • Options
    There'll be no shame getting spanked at Craven Cottage by the end of the season. 

• Options
    edited August 2019
    I dont get saying Fulham will be fantastic and walk away with it IMO noone will walk away with it and the league will be very tight all the way through, will Fulham get top 6? yes they probably will, will they get top 2? that I dont know as it will be very tight
  • Options
    To be fair to Stoke, and I don't like to say it, but Butland is the reason they are so low,
    Its baffling as Nathan Jones was saying last night (and has been saying it for a while) that Butland needs to focus what with being dropped for England and talk of moving abroad

Why not drop him for either Federici or Davies then

Surely if your Goalkeeper (of all positions) isnt in the right frame of mind then you shouldnt be playing him!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Neil Harris sent off today
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    I dont get saying Fulham will be fantastic and walk away with it IMO noone will walk away with it and the league will be very tight all the way through, will Fulham get top 6? yes they probably will, will they get top 2? that I dont know as it will be very tight
    As I said.

Fulham may end up winning today, but after 60 minutes they are losing to Forest who we drew against, anyone can beat anyone in this league and noone will run away with it

Edit: Fulham 2-0 down at home

Point proved
  • Options
    As I said.

Fulham may end up winning today, but after 60 minutes they are losing to Forest who we drew against, anyone can beat anyone in this league and noone will run away with it

Edit: Fulham 2-0 down at home

Point proved
    Fair play. It’s a funny old game ain’t it. Impossible to call. 

Guess who had  fulham on their accumulator today. Grrr
  • Options
    Solid start by both teams and although it’s early days it looking like a relegation struggle for either is unlikely.
  • Options
    Got bored so thought I would browse North Stand Banter, main page there is about 5 threads about getting rid of Harris.

Also saw this IMO the first 2 comments sum up Millwall fans.

• Options
    Got bored so thought I would browse North Stand Banter, main page there is about 5 threads about getting rid of Harris.

Also saw this IMO the first 2 comments sum up Millwall fans.

There’s no need to ask frank, just say no.
  • Options
    Us being above them won’t help their general mood :-)
  • Options
    Took my grandson to Blackburn v Millwall yesterday. There must have been max 250 millwall. Think we had 750 there a few weeks ago? Millwall team are tall,dirty, tried to play a quick passing game but weren't very good at it.
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Took my grandson to Blackburn v Millwall yesterday. There must have been max 250 millwall. Think we had 750 there a few weeks ago? Millwall team are tall,dirty, tried to play a quick passing game but weren't very good at it.
    580 we had there yesterday (bear in mind that we usually always have a couple of hundred at any one time drinking on the concourses) and the second time we’ve been there in two years, to what is one of the least attractive away fixtures of the season. We took 850 last season. see how many you lot take next season. Will probably be less than our 580 yesterday. And remember you’re such a bigger club than us. 

In fact, 750 for your first game, back in the championship for the first time in years, is actually piss poor. 

Our first game game back in the championship a couple of years ago was away to Forest and we sold out our allocation, 1780. And that was a Friday night televised game!