Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Joe Aribo

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2019
    If by a miracle we get back to the Prem in the next few years we could buy him back and it would be a step up for him.
  • Options
    He's scored a couple of goals against sides that defensively look as solid as some of those we've played in pre season. 

Fair play to him, let's hope he kicks on and gets out of there asap.
  • Options
    I can only wish young Joe all the very best. I feel no animosity towards him but a lot to his agent who clearly convinced him this was a good move! But it will be good for him to shine, before moving on.
    We wouldn't have seen any of the money re-invested in CAFC, had we got massive bucks for him so good luck to Joe.
  • Options
    I can only wish young Joe all the very best. I feel no animosity towards him but a lot to his agent who clearly convinced him this was a good move! But it will be good for him to shine, before moving on.
    We wouldn't have seen any of the money re-invested in CAFC, had we got massive bucks for him so good luck to Joe.
    Probably not, but the asking price would likely have been driven down. Maybe Roland knew and that's why he fudged Joe's contract renewal.

At least 5-7m worth of player gone for £300k... madness
  • Options
    Joe is 22. Maybe his agent recommended a move but if Joe cant think for himself at that age he is going to find things very tough.
  • Options
    Joe is 22. Maybe his agent recommended a move but if Joe cant think for himself at that age he is going to find things very tough.
    I don't know that I could have made such major decisions on my own at his age. I guess his family etc probably went off the agen'ts recommendations as well. 
    Obviously I would, like everyone else, have wanted a major return on Joe and a competitive fee. But we are owned by a madman who defies logic.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    To be fair the money is hard to refuse. We look at it as a bad footballing move but you have to back yourself to stay at Charlton and win a better move. Maybe not having had the big payday, Aribo wasn't willing to take the chance of missing out. I can understand that. I just have a lot of faith in the player and think staying with us until January at least would have progressed his career. He is still young and maybe he can afford to waste a year and still reach his potential.
  • Options
    Kilmarnock v Rangers on Sky sports football now.  Joe starting for Rangers
  • Options
    Playing very well, Rangers could do with another goal to make sure of the three points 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Shocking game
  • Options
    Sorry but if this is the standard of game he'll be playing in most weeks it's definitely worse than the championship. 
  • Options
    Aribo’s looked good but both Rangers and Kilmarnock have looked shocking
  • Options
    Like watching Margate v hearn bay the other week but with a crowd 
  • Options
    If anyone could let me know what the point of Scottish football is, I’d love to hear it...
    To make us feel good about English football 
  • Options
    Gerrard seems to want safety first. No point having the ball if you do nothing with it. Joe was never a left winger for us either.
  • Options
    Noticed he had a few shots today, a lot more than he had typically playing for us. I always found Joe opted for a short pass when he found space, seems like Gerrard has encouraged him to have a shot 
  • Options
    "wholly ineffective" according to the BBC match report.

in various posts over the past year or two I've cursed the fact that Aribo often seems to disappear for large chunks of the game (typically 45-70 mins).  I really wish we still had him, but he's not irreplaceable
    Agree. One of the weaknesses of Aribo's overall game is that he's rarely proven to be a '90 minute' player.
    He still has a lot to learn.

Shame he left ..... but as our old Gaffer Chris Powell would say -"We move on".

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    "wholly ineffective" according to the BBC match report.

in various posts over the past year or two I've cursed the fact that Aribo often seems to disappear for large chunks of the game (typically 45-70 mins).  I really wish we still had him, but he's not irreplaceable
    I wouldn’t take much notice of Tom English’s opinion on anything related to Rangers. 
  • Options
    Scored away at FC Midtjylland.
  • Options
    I do wonder how much his choice to go to Scotland affected our window.  I suspect had he chosen an English club and we got £2-3M that Bowyer and Gallen would have seen a % of that - a question for Gallen at Bromley Addicks in October!
  • Options
    I do wonder how much his choice to go to Scotland affected our window.  I suspect had he chosen an English club and we got £2-3M that Bowyer and Gallen would have seen a % of that - a question for Gallen at Bromley Addicks in October!
    I don’t think we would have got anything like £2-3M would we?
  • Options
    Gallen said before Aribo went to Rangers, that had an English club signed him then we'd have be given the fees you mention
  • Options
    Decent finish too.
  • Options
    Gallen said before Aribo went to Rangers, that had an English club signed him then we'd have be given the fees you mention
    Why? What différence does it make ?
  • Options
    Decent finish too.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zo5Gh4qlAMA
  • Options
    Why? What différence does it make ?
    The rules around compensation for players u23 leaving at the end of their contracts. Going to Scotland means he's gone "abroad".