Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Joe Aribo

Comments

• Options
    Decent finish, keeper suspect though
  • Options
    Great finish and a decent result for Rangers
  • Options
    addickson said:
    From today's Evening Times

RANGERS HAVE THEMSELVES A PLAYER IN JOE ARIBO

He doesn’t look like a footballer. That’s the thing His legs are too long, his body over-stretched and skinny.

And yet when the Londoner gets the ball at either foot, this lank lad transforms into a subtle and inventive playmakers who glides over the grass.

Aribo has a lovely way of delaying a pass just that half a second longer than you’d think to then lay a ball to a team-mate. His first touch tends to be, and he has a lovely way of turning as soon as he has the ball.

It will be interesting to see how his season develops.

https://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/17830247.rangers-6-1-hibs-five-things-learned-ibrox-battering/

I loved Joe but somehow I have nothing but resentment towards his move.  
  • Options
    They won 6-1 against one of the better sides in Scotland if joe thinks that’s where he wants to show his skills good luck to him 
  • Options
    They won 6-1 against one of the better sides in Scotland if joe thinks that’s where he wants to show his skills good luck to him 
    Yeah, but he could have been playing Premier League with Charlton next season.

Right, Bows?

• Options
    Play off winners? Don't be ridiculous we'll be champions.
  • Options
    The acid test will be the two wet Tuesday nights away at Motherwell.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    seth plum said:
    Aribo does not warrant criticism from Charlton fans now he has moved to a new club.
    He was good for us, my regret is that he wasn't good for us even longer.
    Yeah, i don't think he's done anything wrong. He didn't get given a good enough contract by RD, that's it.
  • Options
    I dont think the criticism is aimed at him as a player but his choice of clubs and league. Scottish football is poor and he may not develop into the player he could be by playing against poor opponents every week.  
  • Options
    Quite a lot of bitterness on this thread.

He’s doing well, Rangers have done ok in Europe and look like giving Celtic a run for their money this year - all positive. 
  • Options
    Love Aribo. Very nice kid and was quite a funny lad when I met him last year on pre season.

Anyone would leave for that wage increase. 

• Options
    I don't even pretend not to be bitter about Aribo, not because he left us. But the fact he went to a club that i'm fairly confident we would beat. Backwards move for him, wish he would've gone to Saints, Villa etc.
  • Options
    I have no problem with Joe .

Had we sold him before the last January window would we have got promoted? 

If not ( like Lyle and Bauer) retaining them made sense because we will be playing at a higher level with its financial rewards.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    He's gonna be bloody pissed off when he is playing Hearts away next season and Lord Bowyer is taking Play-Off winners Charlton Atheltic to Anfield 
    Was sad to see him leave because I don’t remember another player like him. He was/is {unique}. He was my eldest son’s favourite player as well, and he struggles to maintain any interest in football, despite being in line to inherit the ‘Seed collection’ :-(

Went to Hearts v Celtic once in the late 80s. Intense atmosphere. Much hatred between the two sets of fans. 
  • Options
    I don't even pretend not to be bitter about Aribo, not because he left us. But the fact he went to a club that i'm fairly confident we would beat. Backwards move for him, wish he would've gone to Saints, Villa etc.
    This.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    He's gonna be bloody pissed off when he is playing Hearts away next season and Lord Bowyer is taking Play-Off winners Charlton Atheltic to Anfield 
    inherit the ‘Seed collection’ :-(

Sounds a bit Harvey Weinsteinish....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If he’d moved to an English club we’d of got a couple of mil in compensation.
    instead we’ve had to sell Dijksteel to Boro to get that money.
    RD screwed it last year when he was about to sign and changed the terms of the deal.
    Joe screwed it by going to Scotland 
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    I’m sorry but I can’t agree. Beating Hibs 6-1 does nothing for his development, no matter how many fans turn up to watch.

It’s not necessarily that I think he should’ve stayed at Charlton. He was performing like a top half Champ player last season (he’s far better than Waghorn) so I honestly think he should’ve held out for a move to Villa or similar.
  • Options
    I’m sorry but I can’t agree. Beating Hibs 6-1 does nothing for his development, no matter how many fans turn up to watch.

It’s not necessarily that I think he should’ve stayed at Charlton. He was performing like a top half Champ player last season (he’s far better than Waghorn) so I honestly think he should’ve held out for a move to Villa or similar.
    Hel be playing european football aswell.  Something he wouldnt have got at a lower epl side or higher championship side.   Celtic just sold their left back to arsenal.  So if hes as good as you all say and can handle the pressure putting in good performances in europe and playing well here will get him a good move.  Hel also have experienced the pressure put on him to win every week that a top side in England would bring with moving their.  I hope hes as good as you all say and we get 2 or 3 seasons out him then he gets his move.  He only came to us because of gerrard it was rumoured.  Obviously the wages too but im sure another team would have matched the wages we are paying him.  If i was a footballer i dont think id fancy the championship either. Very very tough league playing sat then tues etc.  Maybe he has took the easy option coming here but if he performs hel get his move to the epl.  
  • Options
    Your recruitment team did a great job, no doubt about it. You will make an eight figure profit on him easily.
  • Options
    Your recruitment team did a great job, no doubt about it. You will make an eight figure profit on him easily.
    Rather the commercial team greasing Aribo's agent's grubby palm.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    "wholly ineffective" according to the BBC match report.

in various posts over the past year or two I've cursed the fact that Aribo often seems to disappear for large chunks of the game (typically 45-70 mins).  I really wish we still had him, but he's not irreplaceable
    I wouldn’t take much notice of Tom English’s opinion on anything related to Rangers. 
    Tim Scottish, however......
  • Options
    Was on the bench tonight didnt get on