Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket Team Summer 2019 -ICC World Cup and Ashes etc

Comments

• Options
    just seen that the game is on sky sports mix. free to sky viewers. Australia v England. Australia 297/9 in their innings. 62/1 for us. be interesting to see if Vince can actually get beyond his usual 30 odd. he's on 15 at the moment. Bairstow is the man out. 
  • Options
    roy has just gone. 65/2
  • Options
    The wheels are all coming off, just in time for the world cup.  

Roy and Dawson injured fingers/wrist while fielding, Rushid got a bad shoulder, Wood done his ankle, Morgan not fit.  
  • Options
    Why no Root?
  • Options
    Why no Root?
    Grandad died.
  • Options
    Vince getting a 50 is good news 
    Buttler went ont for 52. 

180/4
  • Options
    250-7 now, England saving their runs for Thursday
  • Options
    Getting no joy with my ticket for Thursday. Here's the latest response.

"Hi there,
    Thanks for getting in touch.

Your email has been assigned to a member of our team (XXXX) and we will respond within the next 4 working days."

Best wishes,
    Cricket World Cup 2019
    Customer Service Team

4 working days you effin twats, you're worse than Charlton.
    The game will be over in 4 working days.
  • Options
    In tomorrow's Racing Post World Cup pull out my eldest son gives his views and tips.

One of his more interesting selections is Lungi Ngidi each way as top tournament bowler at 33/1. My own fancy for top run scorer is Kane Williamson at 16/1 so have had two singles and an each way double on the two (1/4 the odds top 5).
  • Options
    Australia will win the Cup.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Riviera said:
    Australia will win the Cup.
    I'm on NZ @ 12/1 with a saver on us @ 9/4
  • Options

"Hi there,

Your email has been assigned to a member of our team (XXXX) and we will respond within the next 4 working days."

Best wishes,
    Cricket World Cup 2019
    Customer Service Team

We bought 2 tickets in separate transactions. One came Saturday the other only bought on 18th May not yet arrived. Got a txt to say last week they were being dispatched and seen an email about them being dispatched and getting a txt with dhl number on them but  nothing. Have logged it on the website as they said and auto reply said they’ll respond in 4 days. Handy. 

There is is a number which I’ll be calling as soon as my boss leaves the desk next to me! 
  • Options

number is 0344 847 2019 and i am not sure if the busy tone is more or less annoying than the charlton recorded message of 'the queue is full try again later'

on a positive note. Just booked our flights to South Africa for January that allow us to go to the Cape Town and Port Elizabeth tests.

i bet we get the tickets for that quicker than the tickets for 2 days time!

• Options

"Hi there,

Best wishes,
    Cricket World Cup 2019
    Customer Service Team

We bought 2 tickets in separate transactions. One came Saturday the other only bought on 18th May not yet arrived. Got a txt to say last week they were being dispatched and seen an email about them being dispatched and getting a txt with dhl number on them but  nothing. Have logged it on the website as they said and auto reply said they’ll respond in 4 days. Handy. 

There is is a number which I’ll be calling as soon as my boss leaves the desk next to me! 
    Suzi my ticket arrived by 1st class post an hour ago. 
    Hope yours turn up soon.
  • Options

"Hi there,

Best wishes,
    Cricket World Cup 2019
    Customer Service Team

Suzi my ticket arrived by 1st class post an hour ago. 
    Hope yours turn up soon.
    Our postie comes at 1ish, and husband wfh today so defo not coming today.  Not sure what the £4.90 P&P was for and the DHL text if they're coming out first class. I'm sure it'll come tomorrow. If not, I hope husband can find something else to do with his Thursday as I'll just go on my own. :-)
  • Options
    Start of play is 10:30 incidentally, not sure why it's so early
  • Options
    Start of play is 10:30 incidentally, not sure why it's so earlyI
    I think it's to accomodate coverage across all the nations taking part? only 30 mins earlier than our usual games.  I'm sure when we've played overseas games have started at 10.30?
  • Options
    I think it's to accomodate coverage across all the nations taking part? only 30 mins earlier than our usual games.  I'm sure when we've played overseas games have started at 10.30?
    Pain in the arse to get to the Oval for 10:30 though!
  • Options

Depends where you're coming from I guess.

I suppose it is frustrating that off peak travel starts at 9.30 as that might not be enough time to get there for the start.   I was going to come into my office first set up my bosses first meeting then leave, but now i'm thinking of breakfast at 8.30am somewhere around London bridge and cycling down on a Boris bike.

• Options

Depends where you're coming from I guess.

I suppose it is frustrating that off peak travel starts at 9.30 as that might not be enough time to get there for the start.   I was going to come into my office first set up my bosses first meeting then leave, but now i'm thinking of breakfast at 8.30am somewhere around London bridge and cycling down on a Boris bike.

It'll be sllloooooowwwww to get in too, probably new people to the ground, extra security etc
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dale Steyn out of the SA side for our opening game. To be honest it's going to be missing batsmen that will have more of an effect on this WC. 
  • Options
    So, can now get through on the number above, but it's a recorded message telling me which games are sold out and to contact them 5 days before the match I have tickets for if not received. It then says the lines are busy and to try again later.  Great.
  • Options
    So, can now get through on the number above, but it's a recorded message telling me which games are sold out and to contact them 5 days before the match I have tickets for if not received. It then says the lines are busy and to try again later.  Great.
    Suzi, the gates open at 8.30.

If my ticket hadn't arrived yesterday and I was unable to speak to anyone, I was planning to go to the ticket office at 8.30 and collect the ticket.

Then have a drink and maybe breakfast next door in The Beehive.
  • Options

If my ticket hadn't arrived yesterday and I was unable to speak to anyone, I was planning to go to the ticket office at 8.30 and collect the ticket.

Cheers @Covered_End AKA Ticketing expert :-) I badgered them on twitter, as did others, and they finally communicated and said that the box office could be visited until 5pm today or from 7.30am tomorrow, so am now trying to book somewhere for breakfast in The Oval for 8.15am post ticket pick up!  I've queued for entry before for the 1st day of Ashes round the streets of Kennington it can take soooo long to get in. I am determined to see the first ball!
  • Options
    Really fancy England in the World Cup.  Archer will provide that X factor
  • Options

Cheers @Covered_End AKA Ticketing expert :-) I badgered them on twitter, as did others, and they finally communicated and said that the box office could be visited until 5pm today or from 7.30am tomorrow, so am now trying to book somewhere for breakfast in The Oval for 8.15am post ticket pick up!  I've queued for entry before for the 1st day of Ashes round the streets of Kennington it can take soooo long to get in. I am determined to see the first ball!
    They just phoned me. I said my ticket arrived yesterday and I had informed them by e mail.
    I said you still hadn't got your ticket and what would they suggest.
    Their best option was to e mail them or call, but said the lines were very busy.

The Beehive usually charge about £8 for a full English and usually open at 8.30.
    They could be open earlier as it's a 10.30 start.  
  • Options
    I would have preferred the cockney £$%$£.
  • Options
    Standing guard in The Beehive

• Options
    SA opening with Tahir