Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket Team Summer 2019 -ICC World Cup and Ashes etc

Comments

• Riviera said:
    Image result for david steele cricketer
    I've been racking my brain trying to remember the player standing far right.
  • Barry Wood
  • Barry Wood
    Thanks.
  • Leuth said:
    when they need 60 off 50 with 6 wickets in hand against Australia in the semi-final
    In this scenario, we will fold faster than Superman on laundry day
  • There is a match on today. 
  • Would love to see this as our WC starting line up:

Bairstow
    Roy
    Root
    Morgan
    Stokes
    Buttler
    Ali
    Woakes
    Archer
    Rashid
    Wood
    Woakes 5-54 today, following on from his 4-67 in the last match, means that he is a certainty to start.

Dawson will come in for Denly in the squad as a proper third spinner and Vince will be the spare bat. Atherton would have the above X1 to start but Nasser wouldn't even have Wood in the squad. I would hope that he is and would add Willey and Curran but leave out Plunkett. 
  • Astonishing run outs by Adil Rashid and Jos Buttler
  • Convincing. 
  • Would love to see this as our WC starting line up:

Bairstow
    Roy
    Root
    Morgan
    Stokes
    Buttler
    Ali
    Woakes
    Archer
    Rashid
    Wood
    Woakes 5-54 today, following on from his 4-67 in the last match, means that he is a certainty to start.

Dawson will come in for Denly in the squad as a proper third spinner and Vince will be the spare bat. Atherton would have the above X1 to start but Nasser wouldn't even have Wood in the squad. I would hope that he is and would add Willey and Curran but leave out Plunkett. 
    I agree with the team @Addick Addict except I'd have Willey for Wood. Willey's almost wide yorkers are ugly but very effective in the death scenes. 
  • Another comfortable win. 4-0.
  • Sponsored links:

• I’m worried we’ll get complacent winning all the time and then come a cropper like we nearly nearly did against Donny ......
  • Riviera said:
    Would love to see this as our WC starting line up:

Bairstow
    Roy
    Root
    Morgan
    Stokes
    Buttler
    Ali
    Woakes
    Archer
    Rashid
    Wood

I agree with the team @Addick Addict except I'd have Willey for Wood. Willey's almost wide yorkers are ugly but very effective in the death scenes. 
    That's what I think they will go for. With Vince, Curran, Wood and Plunkett making up the squad. I agree that's one seamer too much and would probably go with Dawson over Plunkett, but just can't see them making that change now. 
  • Not been mentioned but I haven't been at all impressed with Moin Ali...
  • lolwray said:
    Not been mentioned but I haven't been at all impressed with Moin Ali...
    Agree. He's very flakey and simply plays awful shots far too often. 
  • Dawson is an interesting one, as he's not been in the England squad for a while. 

Disappointing for Joe, but with England he's been a shadow of the player he's been with Kent
  • Think Willey is unlucky to miss out. Would have had him over Plunkett. 
  • Dawson is an interesting one, as he's not been in the England squad for a while. 

Disappointing for Joe, but with England he's been a shadow of the player he's been with Kent
    Good news for Kent and potentially Joe's aspirations to play in the Ashes - no games sitting on the sidelines in the WC would have meant no form but playing red ball and scoring runs could cement him a place in the side.
    I agree. Would have Willey there for the left arm variation and personally I think Plunkett is on the decline. 

But I don't think either of them will play barring a few injuries so not too bothered.
    I agree. Would have Willey there for the left arm variation and personally I think Plunkett is on the decline. 

But I don't think either of them will play barring a few injuries so not too bothered.
    I agree with you 50%.  I would have gone for Willey for exactly the same reason and I agree about Plunkett.  But I think the management will manage the team's resources, so they will both get games. 
  • Sponsored links:

Good news for Kent and potentially Joe's aspirations to play in the Ashes - no games sitting on the sidelines in the WC would have meant no form but playing red ball and scoring runs could cement him a place in the side.
    I can't see him scoring enough runs to be a Test batsman, his best chance of playing for England is as an all rounder, and sadly his bowling seems to have gone backwards
  • Starting X1 will mean Dawson and Vince left out and just one from Wood, Plunkett and Curran selected. Would like to see Wood as the last pick because of his extra pace - we have Archer and Woakes to bowl at the death and with Wood and Archer up top there would be  a real chance of us knocking back a few of the top order.

• Leaked WC kit.
  • Reminds me of a late 80s/early 90s England football away kit.

Quite like it though, feels a bit retro.
  • Reminds me of a late 80s/early 90s England football away kit.

Quite like it though, feels a bit retro.
    It's meant to be retro, harking back to the 1992 WC kit

• I'm still awaiting my Eng v SA ticket for Thursday 30th May.
    All the others arrived today.
  • Channel 4 have secured rights to the highlights during the world cup
  • Is anyone going to England v SA at The Oval on Thursday ?
    I bought mine on 25th April.
    All the others, bought earlier and for later matches were delivered this week and signed for.
    But not the most urgent one.
    If going have you received your ticket ?
    I e mailed them this morning and received this reply.

" Hi,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Tickets are in the process of being dispatched. Your tickets will be sent via Royal Mail Tracked and DHL for overseas – you'll get an email/text with your tracking number once they've gone out.

Please contact us back 5 days before your first match, if you have not received your tickets.

Please do not hesitate to get in touch if you have any other questions.

Best wishes

Cricket World Cup 2019 Customer Service Team."

I blame Charlton.

• Is anyone going to England v SA at The Oval on Thursday ?
    I bought mine on 25th April.
    All the others, bought earlier and for later matches were delivered this week and signed for.
    But not the most urgent one.
    If going have you received your ticket ?
    I e mailed them this morning and received this reply.

" Hi,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Tickets are in the process of being dispatched. Your tickets will be sent via Royal Mail Tracked and DHL for overseas – you'll get an email/text with your tracking number once they've gone out.

Please contact us back 5 days before your first match, if you have not received your tickets.

Please do not hesitate to get in touch if you have any other questions.

Best wishes

Cricket World Cup 2019 Customer Service Team."

I blame Charlton.

I'm going. My tickets (which I bought last year) all came on May 11th, but then I've not bought any tickets more recently
  • Morgan having x-ray on injured finger.

and so it begins.....