Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket Team Summer 2019 -ICC World Cup and Ashes etc

Comments

• Options
    Cheerio Amla. 
    What happens here CE, do they bring on a sub to replace or can he come back later down the order? 
    Can come back out to bat if fit, but can't be replaced in the innings
  • Options
    Great to see the Archer hit the target.
  • Options
    As I said yesterday, I'm convinced Jofra Archer has been the missing piece of the jigsaw & will win England the world cup 
  • Options
    Buttler isn't even the best keeper in the team let alone the best in England. That's three regimental drops in the last three or four games and the gloves should have been given to Bairstow.

Wood should be in the side instead of Plunkett. 
  • Options
    The sheer luck SA are getting makes me think we’re losing this.

Bails staying on could be the killer
  • Options
    Absolute joke that the bails didn't come off! It absolutely clattered into leg stump!
  • Options
    Buttler isn't even the best keeper in the team let alone the best in England. That's three regimental drops in the last three or four games and the gloves should have been given to Bairstow.

It's the gift that I possess. Mind you the person who gave the gift was De Kock.
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    The sheer luck SA are getting makes me think we’re losing this.

Bails staying on could be the killer
    It's happening too often with these zing bails
  • Options

It's the gift that I possess. Mind you the person who gave the gift was De Kock.
    Plunkett’s ability to bowl absolutely horridly yet still pick up 2 or 3 is unrivalled.
  • Options
    Brainless from Duminy! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    All going very wrong for the Saffers !
  • Options
    Never realised Jeffrey Archer was such a good bowler
  • Options
    That's 1 of the best catches I've ever seen
    Brilliant catch, right in front of me!
  • Options
    In the bag. 
  • Options
    In the bag. It is now

• Options
    won by 104 runs
  • Options
    Astonishing catch by Ben Stokes
  • Options
    Great bowling and fielding performance , we have real variation in our attack now
  • Options
    England proved today that they will take some beating in this tourno.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    With cricket it is always better to comment after both teams have batted. Well done England for setting an unbeatable target, picking the right team and bowling and fielding excellently! 
     To be fair to England overall they lived up to their favourites tag today. 
  • Options
    As someone else pointed out the ICC TV graphics are excellent. 
  • Options
    Riviera said:
    World Cup final 15 squad confirmed as:

Morgan Capt
    Root
    Bairstow
    Roy
    Buttler
    Dawson
    Plunkett
    Wood
    Archer
    Rashid
    Moeen Ali
    Stokes
    Woakes
    Curran T
    Vince

Here is an amazing stat (one for you @Addick Addict) that shows how much not only the game has changed in the last 5 years but how England have in white ball cricket:

Every player in this squad except one has a higher Strike Rate (Runs scored per 100 balls faced) in ODI Cricket than Kevin Pietersen! The exception being Liam Dawson (82.35). 
     Archer does not have one yet as he has not batted for England to date but it wont be long before he betters KP's 86.58 especially as it his List A  S/R is currently 121.51!
    He does now, 233.33!
  • Options
    Bar injuries, we are the best one day team in the world and we will be in the semis come what may. It all depends on whether we perform in those one/two one off games as to whether we win the WC.
  • Options
    Great to see Andrew Strauss back on the telly. 
  • Options
    Its a good feeling being a Charlton fan and an England cricket fan right now !
  • Options
    Not as easy to bat on as the usual Oval pitch 
    Bira 91, who the hell are they?
    Bira 91 an Indian Craft Beer brewer, to go with all the other Indian companies sponsoring the ICC!
  • Options
    Amazing that the same people who slag off Charlton players during a game do the same to the England Cricket team !
    We have a very good squad and Archer could be the X factor player with the ball.
    Great to see Ben Stokes back in form with bat, ball and in the field.
    A Good professional way to start a World Cup.

• Options
    TODAY - "It was the 38th hundred of *********'s first-class career and his fourth in consecutive Championship matches having finished last season's campaign with a century against Worcestershire."

Guess who is pushing for an Ashes place?
  • Options
    Ballance, easy one but I don’t think it will happen.