Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket Team Summer 2019 -ICC World Cup and Ashes etc

Comments

• Options
    Rudders22 said:
    Busy this afternoon. Been in the bath for last hour and Aussies all out.  
    Thanks for sharing :smile:
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    A really good day's play. Archer and Curran were excellent today, making Curran's absence from the 1st 4 Tests even more baffling. 

The weather at this time of year is tricky though. Bright sunshine today.

As the beer started going down it made it really hard to see anything and by the end I was wankered.
    Not sure I could have gone past 6:30 even if I were allowed.

A sign of the times that there were longer queues for the gin and aperol spritz stalls than for some of the beer ones!
    Yep, it was the same yesterday. The beers had been pre poured and there was no queuing , but long queues for gin.
    NB The Oval is now cashless.
  • Options
    A really good day's play. Archer and Curran were excellent today, making Curran's absence from the 1st 4 Tests even more baffling. 

As the beer started going down it made it really hard to see anything and by the end I was wankered.

A sign of the times that there were longer queues for the gin and aperol spritz stalls than for some of the beer ones!
    Yep, it was the same yesterday. The beers had been pre poured and there was no queuing , but long queues for gin.
    No way would I ever get wankered at The Oval. Not when Surrey are getting the profits!
  • Options

No way would I ever get wankered at The Oval. Not when Surrey are getting the profits!
    It must have been me then :-)
  • Options
    Been offered a last min ticket for tomorrow
     Can't wait!
  • Options
    You'll even get to see twenty minutes of the afternoon session before heading to The Valley
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    You'll even get to see twenty minutes of the afternoon session before heading to The Valley
    Was gonna be at the valley but ashes wins this one.
  • Options
    Been offered a last min ticket for tomorrow
     Can't wait!
    Should be a great day
  • Options
    The ashes have gone mate. 

The equivalent of Watching up beat Norwich when we were already down. 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

I've never seen an ashes test. Have tickets for monday but don't think it'll get that far. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leuth said:
    Boo.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

We can still draw the series though. During the 90s I would have been ecstatic if England drew 2-2 against Australia
  • Options
    David Gower and Nasser Hussain wait patiently while the Sky Sports engineer checks how much sunshine is coming out of Shane Warne's arse. 

• Options
    Leuth said:

• Options
    Almost makes me want us to win 7-0 while England are bowled out for 120 and Australia get halfway to the target for no loss ;)
  • Options
    “You can’t bowl it at his legs” they said.

i don’t care how good you are, you’re gonna miss one playing cross batted when you’re stepping so far over eventually. 
    Been out 20 times LBW in his Test career but at lot of those were before he changed his technique to cover all three stumps.

There isn't a batsmen in the world that wouldn't like to average 65. And enough analysts of other teams and bowlers have tried to work him out without success - it's a risk/reward strategy but one that simply works for him.
    I read somewhere last week that even if Smith gets bowled out for a duck in his next 35 test innings, his average will still be over 50. Remarkable.

On another note, how on earth is Warner still in their side? The first ever opening batsman to get bowled for 8 single figure scores in a test series. 
  • Options
    Great dat The Oval yesterday.  12 wickets including a five-for for Archer, some poor umpiring, and I saw Smith get out without making a century.  On top of that, the beer was good, if rapaciously priced.
  • Options
    On another note, how on earth is Warner still in their side? The first ever opening batsman to get bowled for 8 single figure scores in a test series. 
    Beautiful, couldn’t happen to a nicer chap
  • Options
    Pleased for Curran.
    He's really had the Shyte end of the stick that his talent doesn't deserve.
    He never stops and when he's at it causes all sorts of problems.

I'm hopeful that in time with him and Archer we've found our new Jimmy and Broady.
  • Options
    Batsman from both sides find left armers much harder to play because of the angle, yet both Curran and Starc have only played 1 match each
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Denly and Burns have just beaten the record for the highest opening partnership of the series, set by Denly and Burns in the first innings at the Oval. 
  • Options
    Go on Denners! Smash that goblin out of the attack!
  • Options
    Good intent from Denly
  • Options
    Great dat The Oval yesterday.  12 wickets including a five-for for Archer, some poor umpiring, and I saw Smith get out without making a century.  On top of that, the beer was good, if rapaciously priced.
    6 for Archer.
  • Options
    50 partnership. Well batted you two.
  • Options
    Burns out 54-1
  • Options
    First 50 opening partnership of the series for either side, i believe. Well done Joe and Rory.
    I have probably been Denlys biggest critic, but have been impressed by his application in The Ashes, and he fully deserves to go on next tour. 
  • Options
    Wade really is a prize tosser!
  • Options
    Wade really is a prize tosser!
    Hard to see what he was doing/saying and looked like umpire told root off and signalled up as if he’d got a warning? Nothing mentioned on TMS. Was it for anything?