Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket Team Summer 2019 -ICC World Cup and Ashes etc

Comments

• Options
    On another note Bairstows batting average this summer in tests (including Ireland) is below 20. Leach averages more. 

Bairstows average with the bat since he reclaimed the gloves from Foakes is barely above 18. 

Simply not good enough.
  • Options
    Ben foakes was at the ground today. Someone on TMS commented that there cant be many people in the ground with a higher test match average than him. 
  • Options
    I think Joe Denly might get a few overs tomorrow, with the ball turning, love to see him get a couple of wickets to help us win the match
  • Options
    http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/records/averages/batting_bowling_by_team.html?id=12492;type=series

Denly has now scored only 13 fewer runs than Root in this series.

Not knocking Root but a few years ago you tended to see him and Smith as being at a similar level (alongside the likes of Kohli and Williamson) but he's well off it now
  • Options
    I can see this game going into the 5th day unless England have an amazing day tomorrow
  • Options
    How was your day canters? 
  • Options
    I can see this game going into the 5th day unless England have an amazing day tomorrow
    I'm torn on wanting both those things! 
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Warner average in Ashes is 45 ish
    This summer his average is 9.55
    A ton for the Panto villain in 2nd Innings ?
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    I hope so, got a day off on Monday, so wouldn’t mind a cut price ticket for the morning/whatever’s left of the game
  • Options
    I was thinking wouldn't it have been funny if Warner had been run out there. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2019
    Warner gone. 29 for 2
  • Options
    95 runs in 10 innings for Warner. And 61 came in 1 innings.
  • Options
    I hope so, got a day off on Monday, so wouldn’t mind a cut price ticket for the morning/whatever’s left of the game
    Think they're all sold out anyway
  • Options
    Warner gone. 29 for 2
    The real match starts here 
  • Options
    How was your day canters? 
    Very good. Top days test cricket. Love seeing an english batting line up fight and then dominate.

Great view from the Laker balcony. Hadn't sat there before. Padded seats and lots of leg room.

Great atmosphere in the ground. Whole place stood for "stand up if you love jack leach".
  • Options
    Got tickets for tomorrow. Really torn about how I want this to go...
  • Options
    I would like to see Leach bowl over the wicket for a spell at Smith for two reasons, one to hit the rough and secondly to dry him up a bit because then that might cause him to get even more funkier. 
  • Options
    Great moment for Leach and Bairstow
  • Options
    56-3 Labuschagne stumped off Leach
  • Options
    Into the tail now.... :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wade really is a prize tosser!
    Hard to see what he was doing/saying and looked like umpire told root off and signalled up as if he’d got a warning? Nothing mentioned on TMS. Was it for anything? 
    Bairstow's just been caught on the stump mic giving fair and impartial advice to Jack Leach about his bowling to Wade.  "Come on Leachy, let's have this shit stirrer again." 
  • Options
    I notice Sams speed is mid eighties
  • Options
    Broad gets Smith 
  • Options
    It's the first time he's been out in a Test match for less than the number on the back of his shirt!
  • Options
    I heard the commentators said he is suffering from a bit of man flu this morning. He didn't look that well. Shame he didn't have that all bloody summer. Canters. I think you will be ok for tomorrow. Should finish today and you will get a full refund. 
  • Options
    Absolutely no excuse for that
  • Options
    To stop Wade getting to the pitch of the ball, why not give a signal to Bairstow and fire one down leg. 
  • Options
    Could we see a complete reversal of logic bowling againsr Smith with three leg slips?! 
  • Options
    At what point do we start to worry about this partnership?
  • Options
    Could we see a complete reversal of logic bowling againsr Smith with three leg slips?! 
    I think you are only allowed 2 fielders behind square on the leg side.