Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket Team Summer 2019 -ICC World Cup and Ashes etc

Comments

• Options
    Fuck of Smith you ugly sandpaper prick
  • Options
    “You can’t bowl it at his legs” they said.

i don’t care how good you are, you’re gonna miss one playing cross batted when you’re stepping so far over eventually. 
  • Options
    been crying out for a left arm seamer all series .. now Curran plays and it's too late
  • Options
    Hallelujah. Smith fails. Only scored 80.

If only Len bet on him to get a 50 ffs @lenglover
  • Options
    For those who were using Currans pace or lack thereof as a reason not to pick him in the last few tests. Sky just did a piece on his paces. Stock ball 81-84mph. Quite a few quicker balls around 86 and the hat trick ball at 88. 
    Plenty quick enough for a swing bowler. 

That's not even the reason he did well today. It's about the left arm angle and the ability to push one across the batsman and then have another one just come back into him slightly. 

Caused all sorts of problems.
    It’s like jimmy vs left handers, but the other way around with right handers.
  • Options
    More dropped catches in this match from both sides that I've seen for a while. 
  • Options

i don’t care how good you are, you’re gonna miss one playing cross batted when you’re stepping so far over eventually. 
    Been out 20 times LBW in his Test career but at lot of those were before he changed his technique to cover all three stumps.

There isn't a batsmen in the world that wouldn't like to average 65. And enough analysts of other teams and bowlers have tried to work him out without success - it's a risk/reward strategy but one that simply works for him.
  • Options
    Can see us cocking this up & the Aussies leading on 1st innings. 
  • Options

Been out 20 times LBW in his Test career but at lot of those were before he changed his technique to cover all three stumps.

There isn't a batsmen in the world that wouldn't like to average 65. And enough analysts of other teams and bowlers have tried to work him out without success - it's a risk/reward strategy but one that simply works for him.
    Helped this series by continually dropping him
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Archer is now our top wicket taker in the series with 21 wickets at 18
  • Options
    Make that 22 wickets at 17.27
  • Options

Root was dropped three times in the first innings alone
  • Options
    That catch from burns. 
  • Options
    Busy this afternoon. Been in the bath for last hour and Aussies all out.  
  • Options

See my previous post. 
    More catches dropped in this game than I can remember. 
  • Options
    England Don't need to make a massive score this innings. 
    With a 1st innings lead of 69 I reckon if we make about 220 that should be enough. 
  • Options
    England Don't need to make a massive score this innings. 
    With a 1st innings lead of 69 I reckon if we make about 220 that should be enough. 
    Would still want one though. Make it 400+ lead so we can’t lose and they’ll crumble. 
  • Options
    That catch by Burns was brilliant. 
  • Options

And he's been trying to repay the favour since. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Burns is proving to be a very brave batsman .. England's find of the series, along with Archer of course
  • Options
    Another bizarre umpiring decision to end the day, i could see that wasn't out.
  • Options
    Burns is proving to be a very brave batsman .. England's find of the series, along with Archer of course
    Burns for us and langastini 
    Lieberman ljebfrouum luckyknkbs or whatever his name is for them 
  • Options
    Loosebuschange. 
  • Options
    Loosebuschange. 
    Labradorchampagne 
  • Options
    Loosebuschange. 
    Labradorchampagne 
    Lasagnenonce
  • Options
    Another great day of cricket and lovely weather.
  • Options
    Another great day of cricket and lovely weather.
    But another 8 overs short.......and that is allowing for 2 lots of 2 overs being lost for chance of innings. A total of just 78 overs bowled.
  • Options
    It's not been the best quality series apart from a few bowlers and Steve Smith, but it's been very entertaining, nice fluctuations etc. 
  • Options
    A really good day's play. Archer and Curran were excellent today, making Curran's absence from the 1st 4 Tests even more baffling. 

The weather at this time of year is tricky though. Bright sunshine today, but as the sun started going down it made it really hard to see anything from the Peter May stand, and by the end it must have been awful for the players with half the ground in shadow and half in dazzling light. Not sure we could have gone past 6:30 even if we were allowed to

A sign of the times that there were longer queues for the gin and aperol spritz stalls than for some of the beer ones!