Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket Team Summer 2019 -ICC World Cup and Ashes etc

Comments

• edited July 2019
    Anyone going to the Test this week? Going to be roasting hot for the players on Wednesday and Thursday
    Yep, Bought £15 tickets yesterday for Friday. If it’s still going on then....

• Great batting weather. 

Should be a day five thriller ...
  • Anyone going to the Test this week? Going to be roasting hot for the players on Wednesday and Thursday

Whereabouts are the £15 tickets?  Are they "rovers"?
  • Chizz said:
    Anyone going to the Test this week? Going to be roasting hot for the players on Wednesday and Thursday

Restricted view lower mound.  there were quite a few left.  Always buy them/apply for them for matches and in ballots, never really that restricted, and so much movement in the crowd for a test, can pretty much sit where you like. I bet we're in the seat behind the pillar now i've said that (which they do sell) and it'll be packed so we can't move.   I'll be on the nursery if so sitting under a picnic bench in the shade. 
  • Anderson out of the Ireland Test.
  • Got a calf strain... hopefully nothing that will preclude him being fit for the ashes
  • Sadly Jimmy must be a doubt for the first test
  • Chizz said:

Restricted view lower mound.  there were quite a few left.  Always buy them/apply for them for matches and in ballots, never really that restricted, and so much movement in the crowd for a test, can pretty much sit where you like. I bet we're in the seat behind the pillar now i've said that (which they do sell) and it'll be packed so we can't move.   I'll be on the nursery if so sitting under a picnic bench in the shade. 

The lower tier of the Edrich/Compton Stands are one of the worst views in cricket imo. It is like looking through a pillar-box and bloody cold even when the sun is out.

Lets hope the redevelopment cures that particular problem.

• Chizz said:

The lower tier of the Edrich/Compton Stands are one of the worst views in cricket imo. It is like looking through a pillar-box and bloody cold even when the sun is out.

Being under cover will be an attractive option this week though!
    Might avoid a selection headache (temporarily) as they will surely go Woakes at 9, Archer at 10 and Broad at 11 without Jimmy. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Chizz said:

I got a restricted view Mound Stand seat for the Ashes as I wasn't prepared to pay the £150 plus prices for the regular ones. Really hoping I'll be able to peer around the pillar!
  • Anyone going to the Test this week? Going to be roasting hot for the players on Wednesday and Thursday
    Decided to go tomorrow, as can't make any other day. At the back of the Mound stand so in the shade hopefully!
    Might avoid a selection headache (temporarily) as they will surely go Woakes at 9, Archer at 10 and Broad at 11 without Jimmy. 
    Archer is injured.
  • MrOneLung said:
    Sadly Jimmy must be a doubt for the first test
    Archer is injured.
    I think Archer is doubtful for the 1st Ashes Test too
  • MrOneLung said:
    Archer is injured.
    Archer hoping to be fit for second test. Wood hoping to be fit for fourth test. Bit of a problemo
  • MrOneLung said:
    Archer is injured.

Whats his injury?
  • MrOneLung said:
    Archer is injured.

Whats his injury?
    Both Wood and Archer have side strains. 
  • Ah I didn't know, thought he would be fit. Knew he was missing this week's test. I guess Curran gives us extra batting but we need real pace, possibly why Stone is in the squad. 
  • Ouch, first Test without Jimmy and Archer.

Call for Darren Stevens - he'll put the shits up Oz.

• Ouch, first Test without Jimmy and Archer.

Call for Darren Stevens - he'll put the shits up Oz.

He is leaving Kent after 15 years
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2019
    Chizz said:

Lower Compton is terrible but lower mound is great. The over hang of the upper doesn’t infringe much at all. The only restriction we’ve had in our various seats others over the years is 1 pillar and the camera/score stand under old Father Time blocking less than 20% of the  the outfield. In fact some years we’ve struggled to understand why our tickets were restricted! 

For pakistan India we were in upper grandstand debentures , 4th row back. Couldn’t see any boundaries in front of us! 
  • Chizz said:

Lower Compton is terrible but lower mound is great. The over hang of the upper doesn’t infringe much at all. The only restriction we’ve had in our various seats others over the years is 1 pillar and the camera/score stand under old Father Time blocking the outfield. 

For pakistan India we were in upper grandstand debentures , 4th row back. Couldn’t see any boundaries in front of us! 
    That's surprising for a pretty new structure. I guess the constricted site means compromises have to be made

Yes, Lower Mound is very nice. Right above the best Real Ale bar at Lord's too  :)
  • Hate the Mound Stand and Lower Compton and Edrich. For non-members the best seat in the house are Upper Compton and Edrich. For the Friday of the Ashes Test I have somehow wangled Upper Compton, Row A, seats 1 and 2. 
  • I was top tier, front row of the Warner Stand v SA and you couldn't see the near boundary without standing.
  • Riviera said:
    Hate the Mound Stand and Lower Compton and Edrich. For non-members the best seat in the house are Upper Compton and Edrich. For the Friday of the Ashes Test I have somehow wangled Upper Compton, Row A, seats 1 and 2. 
    Was Row A in upper Compton for the eng Australia game for World Cup.  Right behind the poxy guitar man. Great view! Not great leg room. 
  • just bumped in to Olly Stones dad by ticket office (heard him say to a steward his son was playing so asked him who his son was) and he was excited cos he’s not seen him play For England yet , think he’d played a few odi’s in Sri Lanka and his dad was due to see him in the West Indies before he pulled out injured .

people downing pints already outside Danubius hotel , a few leprechaun outfits about , top of the morning to ya 

• It might take a time for Roy to master "the leave"
  • Unconvincing 5 for Roy. Couple of poor shots then nicks a good one
  • It might take a time for Roy to master "the leave"
    You cannot judge a batsman on the basis of one innings but he had an attempted leave that he almost chopped on, a no ball where he played across the line for and was plumb LBW and then finally played outside his body at one to be caught in the slips.

He is, effectively, learning on the job as there is a wealth of difference opening in One Days and Tests.
  • from BBC: Jason Roy has not opened in the first innings of a first class match since 2013.