Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket Team Summer 2019 -ICC World Cup and Ashes etc

Comments

• Still think we will win.
    Curran to the rescue 
    I thank you 
  • Still think we will win.
    Curran to the rescue 
    I thank you 
    That aged well...... :smile:

Idiotic from Curran
  • Bumble made the point, why we're we trying to whack out way out of trouble? Our night Watchman didn't and scored 92. This is only day two hang around ffs
  • Bairstow reviews far more than he should. Root was at the other end and should have told him to walk. 
    And don’t stop walking until you're back on the county circuit
  • Whatever the score ends up being, this is already going to be difficult to chase. Ireland will be heavily reliant on their top order, so if a couple of wickets fall early, England are well in with a shout.

I said yesterday the tail starts at about seven and I really do think that's the case.
  • PaddyP17 said:
    Whatever the score ends up being, this is already going to be difficult to chase. Ireland will be heavily reliant on their top order, so if a couple of wickets fall early, England are well in with a shout.

I said yesterday the tail starts at about seven and I really do think that's the case.
    The Ireland tail waged yesterday. 
    No 9 and 10 both got into double figures. 

I ain't falling for yer  trickery  again  paddy .
  • PaddyP17 said:
    Whatever the score ends up being, this is already going to be difficult to chase. Ireland will be heavily reliant on their top order, so if a couple of wickets fall early, England are well in with a shout.

180 is not a lot with two days to go. Ireland's to lose as I said above.
  • LenGlover said:
    PaddyP17 said:

• Sponsored links:

• The Umpires clearly don't enjoy thunder and lightning!
  • The Umpires clearly don't enjoy thunder and lightning!
    Very very frightening indeed!
  • LenGlover said:
    PaddyP17 said:

Yes, but they will be batting on day 3 not day 5. 
  • LenGlover said:
    PaddyP17 said:

Yes, but they will be batting on day 3 not day 5. 
    Maybe not, but factor in the pressure of chasing a target and chasing Ireland's first ever Test victory.
  • edited July 2019
    So who’s getting dropped for Stokes, Buttler, Foakes and Anderson?

I’m thinking we will see Leach, Stone, Bairstow and Woakes/Curran drop out. Maybe both Woakes and Curran if they are insistent on playing Archer but I don’t think that will happen.
  • Maybe Foakes in for Bairstow is a bit more wishful thinking on my part but it’s been a while since he’s been in any kind of decent Test match form.

Great ODI opener, not at all good in the middle order in a Test match.
  • My team is/would be:

1 Burns
    2 Roy
    3 Denly
    4 Root
    5 Stokes
    6 Buttler
    7 Foakes
    8 Moeen
    9 Woakes
    10 Broad
    11 Anderson
  • I  picked my 11 on the BBC cricket page yesterday. Cant remember exactly but  I think I went with......

Roy
    Gubbins
    Denly
    Root
    Stokes
    Bairstow 
    Buttler
    Woakes
    Broad 
    Anderson
    Archer

I think I should have gone with 11 Leech's. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Never looked as dark as that tweet 
  • 1 Sibley

2 Roy

3 denly

4 root

5 northeast

6 Stoakes 

7 butler

8 archer

9 leach

10 broad

11 Anderson 

• So who’s getting dropped for Stokes, Buttler, Foakes and Anderson?

I’m thinking we will see Leach, Stone, Bairstow and Woakes/Curran drop out. Maybe both Woakes and Curran if they are insistent on playing Archer but I don’t think that will happen.
    The first player I'd be dropping is Burns who's looked hopeless in this match. Unfortunately that's in the position where we don't have a replacement!
  • England have got themselves in a right selection mess, and this goes back to India last summer.  They tried to be to clever, got away with it because they had Anderson, won helpfull tosses and scored important lower order runs.  It worked in Sri Lanker but was a right mess for the first 2 tests in West indies and this match.

Root is the main problem IMO.  Won't bat at 3, won't tell Bairstow what to do, always wants 1 to many bowling options.  To pick 6 bowlers for this test match is criminal.

The irony is that the player that benifits most for this mismatch selection is the one that's played the best, that makes it very harsh to drop him. 
  • They won't drop Bairstow, he's far too precious for that. Add to the fact when he gets negative press he does tend to deliver as he did in the World Cup. Being a Surrey fan I am biased in that I would want Foakes and Curren in my England team but I don't know how you fit them in. Curren has been in great form in the CC in a poor Surrey side this year and proving again how valuable his runs are down the order as time and again our top order fails. There is a reason why he was player of the series last year v India.
  • They won't drop Bairstow, he's far too precious for that. Add to the fact when he gets negative press he does tend to deliver as he did in the World Cup. Being a Surrey fan I am biased in that I would want Foakes and Curren in my England team but I don't know how you fit them in. Curren has been in great form in the CC in a poor Surrey side this year and proving again how valuable his runs are down the order as time and again our top order fails. There is a reason why he was player of the series last year v India.
    Curren has played really well almost every time he has played for England, which is more than can be said for most.  Saying that he isn't one of England's best 4 seamers.  You can't keep picking him jist because the top order keep failing.  The reason they are failing is because they are getting the selection wrong time and again.  Wrong people, wrong order.   The balance is totally wrong. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    They won't drop Bairstow, he's far too precious for that. Add to the fact when he gets negative press he does tend to deliver as he did in the World Cup. Being a Surrey fan I am biased in that I would want Foakes and Curren in my England team but I don't know how you fit them in. Curren has been in great form in the CC in a poor Surrey side this year and proving again how valuable his runs are down the order as time and again our top order fails. There is a reason why he was player of the series last year v India.
    Curren has played really well almost every time he has played for England, which is more than can be said for most.  Saying that he isn't one of England's best 4 seamers.  You can't keep picking him jist because the top order keep failing.  The reason they are failing is because they are getting the selection wrong time and again.  Wrong people, wrong order.   The balance is totally wrong. 
    What eleven would you pick for next week?
  • Foakes over Bairstow all day long in the test side.
    Root must bat at 3 allowing Roy to play at 4.
    As for the two opening batsman I haven't got a clue. None are really good enough. 
  • I have no idea who to pick for the Ashes first test.

I will stick to picking my nose at the moment.

• Chizz said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    They won't drop Bairstow, he's far too precious for that. Add to the fact when he gets negative press he does tend to deliver as he did in the World Cup. Being a Surrey fan I am biased in that I would want Foakes and Curren in my England team but I don't know how you fit them in. Curren has been in great form in the CC in a poor Surrey side this year and proving again how valuable his runs are down the order as time and again our top order fails. There is a reason why he was player of the series last year v India.
    What eleven would you pick for next week?
    On the assumption they are all fit and Stokes can't or won't be able to bowl the 4th seamers overs. 

Burns or Denly 
    Roy
    Root.
    Bairstow 
    Stokes
    Foakes (w) 
    Woakes
    Ali
    Archer. 
    Broad
    Anderson

It's still not perfect, if Stokes could bowl as the 4th seamer I would leave out a seamer and pick a batsman.