Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket Team Summer 2019 -ICC World Cup and Ashes etc

Comments

• Joe Denly sits waiting for several hours, I fear a quick exit
    Super Joe should be used to this having been through it many times in recent years at the St Lawrence Ground: a shambolic first innings that yields no batting points followed by a long and productive second innings.
  • LenGlover said:
    England 49 ahead 8 wickets in hand. Denly next presumably unless Root fancies it.
    ROFLMAO
  • Leach is 92 for 3 right now. 
  • Leach dropped on 72 & 92.
  • Leach 92 all out
  • And out for 92
  • 182-3 lead 60
  • Thanks Root!
  • Well that's Denley inked in for Edgbaston.  Because Root can't drop him now. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Chizz said:
    Well that's Denley inked in for Edgbaston.  Because Root can't drop him now. 
    Wanna a bet? The Snail is waiting in the wings!
  • Root runs  out Denly.

194-4
  • Very poor from Root.
    Almost  Boycottesk.
  • Was there a single for the taking?

Well, Super Joe managed to get two-thirds of the way down the track and was only just short of getting back.

Root started to run but then did a U-y by which time Denley it was way too late for Super Joe to get back.
  • PaddyP17 said:
    PaddyP17 said:
    Leach to open!

Did you expect him not to this morning Paddy?
    Well, it might solve England's problems at the top of the order...
    The point AA was making was we batted again last night, Leach and Burns opened.
    Leach seriously looks better than Burns.
    As I was there yesterday, I did in fact know that England batted again last night. I was making the point that Leach actually looked very decent with the bat, and tongue-in-cheek suggested he should open up more regularly.

Anyway.
  • So England may very well lose this match still 
  • Very poor from Root.
    Almost  Boycottesk.
    That's Yorkshire for you!
  • Pair for Bairstow 194-5
  • Sponsored links:

• LenGlover said:
    Pair for Bairstow 194-5
    Looks a walking wicket at the moment
  • It looked plumb as soon as you saw it. Surely Root must have seen that too. Bairstow needs to forget his ego sometimes and stop wasting our bloody reviews!
    It's both Root and Bairstow that does it and there is, very often, little or no consultation. They actually ignore what the review is there to eliminate - the clear and obvious mistakes.
  • Jonny Pairstow staking a claim to face Starc, Summins et al in the forthcoming Ashes series ...
  • Since the first Test match at Lord's in 1884, just five England players have recorded a career batting average, at Lord's, in excess of 85.  Two of them are playing in this match. 
  • Jonny Pairstow staking a claim to face Starc, Summins et al in the forthcoming Ashes series ...
    I have just forwarded your posts to Foakes.
    He agrees with you. 
  • This is just Ali's type of game - no real pressure, no real expectations - he will score 50+
  • It looked plumb as soon as you saw it. Surely Root must have seen that too. Bairstow needs to forget his ego sometimes and stop wasting our bloody reviews!
    It's both Root and Bairstow that does it and there is, very often, little or no consultation. They actually ignore what the review is there to eliminate - the clear and obvious mistakes.
    How was that a wasted review?