Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket Team Summer 2019 -ICC World Cup and Ashes etc

Comments

• bowling and fielding performance taking its lead from the negligent numbskull captain
    Ireland's batters have revealed such skills and class as they have, when they have been able to reach the village dross served up
    Ireland bat one more session and this charlatan England rabble will shrug off an innings defeat
    "Learn lessons, move forward" and all the usual craven bullshit only thought registering in any of those heads is "payday arrives all the same".
    woeful
    humiliating

How do you think, England have played
  • I think this is hilariously funny more than anything else tbh
  • The England batting display was as professionally inept as I have seen.
    With the players missing this was the chance for several players to try and make a case for their inclusion in the future. 
    Failed miserably. 
  • bowling and fielding performance taking its lead from the negligent numbskull captain
    Ireland's batters have revealed such skills and class as they have, when they have been able to reach the village dross served up
    Ireland bat one more session and this charlatan England rabble will shrug off an innings defeat
    "Learn lessons, move forward" and all the usual craven bullshit only thought registering in any of those heads is "payday arrives all the same".
    woeful
    humiliating

That's the spirit. 
    Nice précis of the World Champions.
    TBH, as long as they turn up at Edgbaston next weekend, I don't give a toss how they play in this Test. Then again, if it was Pakistan everyone would be talking about dodgy bookies.
  • 134-3 Stirling lbw b Broad 36
  • 138-4 Balbirnie b Stone 55
  • Bowl Ireland out for 150.
    Score 350 
    Bowl Ireland out for 150.
    Score 350 second innings and bowl Ireland out for 200 2nd innings. 
    Straight forward victory. 

You heard it here first. 

Still confident @blackpool72 ?
    A flurry of wickets after the break.

Actually not very confident. 

You might yet be right!
  • Bowl Ireland out for 150.
    Score 350 
    Bowl Ireland out for 150.
    Score 350 second innings and bowl Ireland out for 200 2nd innings. 
    Straight forward victory. 

You heard it here first. 

Still confident @blackpool72 ?
    A flurry of wickets after the break.

Actually not very confident. 

You might yet be right!
    I can definitely see more wickets falling in this session. 
    I wouldn't want to be a bowler tomorrow if the weather forecast is correct. 
    We will still win this test I believe. 
  • Great over from Stone.

You wonder how England plan their bowling as Broad and Stone have looked far more dangerous since they swapped ends
  • 139-5 another for Stone.
  • Sponsored links:

• Not a great after tea session for Ireland. Still. A first innings lead, but won't  last much longer.
  • Ireland are losing wickets but a lead of 60 and counting is handy in what is shaping up to be a low scoring game.
  • Ireland's tail starts at 7. Except with Wilson doing nothing it started at 6 today.

This has been a marvellous day's play and it's been great supporting the Irish here. The attitude toward Irish cricket - at Lord's in particular(!) but also on here somewhat - has been a tad patronising and disappointing though.

Think England have been far too complacent though. Root having used six bowlers within 28 overs tells the story tbf. 
  • PaddyP17 said:
    Ireland's tail starts at 7. Except with Wilson doing nothing it started at 6 today.

This has been a marvellous day's play and it's been great supporting the Irish here. The attitude toward Irish cricket - at Lord's in particular(!) but also on here somewhat - has been a tad patronising and disappointing though.

Think England have been far too complacent though. Root having used six bowlers within 28 overs tells the story tbf. 
    I want Ireland to do well but with England winning. (Hopefully with a fullish days play on Friday. When me and my Irish wife will be there, hopefully).
  • One extra thing Charlton could learn from Lords is the crystal clear Tannoy and well timed and genuinely informative announcements.
    On the few occasions it's audible at the Valley it is usually ego driven self indulgent mush.
    I will get dug out for saying this (proper fans and all that), but it is true.
    God help us if there is ever an emergency at the Valley.

• PaddyP17 said:
    Seth is drunk btw oh no 
    I hope the two of you are enjoying your day!
  • PaddyP17 said:
    Seth is drunk btw oh no 
    Make sure you give him at least 6 more pints. 
    Then get him to solve the Irish border problem. 😂
  • Feel sorry for anyone who has tickets for criday onwards. This will be over by friday. 
  • Sponsored links:

• anyone interested in the history of cricket will enjoy this .. a biography of Neville Cardus … 5x15 min episodes on R4 @ 9.45 
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m0006zy8
  • I am not drunk. Just a little inebriated.
    Contemplating whether to start a rousing chorus of 'I'll take you home again Kathleen.
  • The lead will be 100 plus I reckon.

How many wickets will we lose trying to make it up before even thinking about setting a target?
  • LenGlover said:
    The lead will be 100 plus I reckon.

How many wickets will we lose trying to make it up before even thinking about setting a target?
  • 197-9

Lead 112
  • I bet Roy and Burns loved that! Especially Roy who could become only the second person to be out twice on his first day of Test cricket.
  • I bet Roy and Burns loved that! Especially Roy who could become only the second person to be out twice on his first day of Test cricket.
    Leach has been sent out instead of Roy
  • Just watching the last over as haven’t seen any of the game. Murtagh looks totally bog standard poo poo. Was today some kind of wind up?! He’s bowling about 50mph!
  • England 0-0 at the close 122 behind.
  • What a great day for Irish cricket