Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket Team Summer 2019 -ICC World Cup and Ashes etc

Comments

• England will win this test. 
    Trust me 
  • What a bonkers day's cricket. When Denly was out for 23 I never thought he'd be our top scorer!

I've no idea what went wrong for us. Mental tiredness from the World Cup players, nerves from the new players, complacency in the camp, but it was a poor day for the England team. Only Stone and to a lesser extent Curran can be pleased with today really.
  • Tim Murtagh is basically English anyway. I guess today was revenge for us stealing Morgan from them!
  • Feel a bit sorry for Roy.  I think it's a bit harsh to end the experiment of opening with him after just one innings.  But, I guess it's worth giving Leach as long as possible to cement his place as an opener before the Ashes starts.  

And, I guess with nominative determinance, Leach is the right person to "stick around", having bagged two not outs on a day when twenty other batsmen got out.
  • Where are you Canters that has a pool that closes at 6 ?
  • Just watching the last over as haven’t seen any of the game. Murtagh looks totally bog standard poo poo. Was today some kind of wind up?! He’s bowling about 50mph!
    Our batsman all decided it would be a good idea to bat standing well outside the crease.
    Bairstow was so far forward that the umpire had to warn him. (Never seen this before).
    This meant that they had less time to judge any movement.
    Ireland took a normal stance and were far more comfortable. 
  • Chizz said:
    Feel a bit sorry for Roy.  I think it's a bit harsh to end the experiment of opening with him after just one innings.  But, I guess it's worth giving Leach as long as possible to cement his place as an opener before the Ashes starts.  

And, I guess with nominative determinance, Leach is the right person to "stick around", having bagged two not outs on a day when twenty other batsmen got out.
    Quite clever that by sending Leach out there wouldn't be anyone getting out twice in a day!

Leach's bowling was filth today incidentally
  • I predicted that JR wouldn't come out for that final over of the day.

" SORRY, gaffer. I've accidentally superglued myself to this chair ....! 
  • Roy must be secretly quite pleased.

When he was sat on the balcony watching Burns and Denly batting, he must have thought we’d only have to bat once in the match, and he wouldn’t get another go.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2019
    Riviera said:
    just bumped in to Olly Stones dad by ticket office (heard him say to a steward his son was playing so asked him who his son was) and he was excited cos he’s not seen him play For England yet , think he’d played a few odi’s in Sri Lanka and his dad was due to see him in the West Indies before he pulled out injured .

people downing pints already outside Danubius hotel , a few leprechaun outfits about , top of the morning to ya 

Is there a Guinness tent there @oohaahmortimer?  I do hope so. 
    I’ll be honest I hid in the upper grandstand all day out of the sun, so didn’t see , drinking the Kraft later or whatever is is they serve at Lords .

edit : killer flash says there is 
  • edited July 2019
    Ben18 said:
    Roy must be secretly quite pleased.

When he was sat on the balcony watching Burns and Denly batting, he must have thought we’d only have to bat once in the match, and he wouldn’t get another go.

I bet he was fist pumping on the inside 😀
  • Chizz said:
    Ben18 said:
    Roy must be secretly quite pleased.

I bet he was fist pumping on the inside 😀

I shouldn't post while I'm planning a big weekend. I'm no good at multi-tasking. 
  • xz   blackpool72 said:
    England will win this test. 
    Trust me 

I agree 72.Im Irish and was expecting a tonking, to be honest.We bowled well and I r
    reckon England need at least 280 to win.  
    COYA.
  • seth plum said:
    One extra thing Charlton could learn from Lords is the crystal clear Tannoy and well timed and genuinely informative announcements.
    On the few occasions it's audible at the Valley it is usually ego driven self indulgent mush.
    I will get dug out for saying this (proper fans and all that), but it is true.
    God help us if there is ever an emergency at the Valley.

There's been an emergency at the valley for about 10 years now.
  • MrOneLung said:
    Where are you Canters that has a pool that closes at 6 ?
    Westcombe Park Juniors.
  • Whilst this is obviously a complete embarrassment, it's only really half our side.

Stokes, Buttler, Archer and Rashid will all come into the side for the Ashes won't they? Is Anderson going to make it, as i know Wood is injured and likely to miss the first 2 tests?
  • Whilst this is obviously a complete embarrassment, it's only really half our side.

Stokes, Buttler, Archer and Rashid will all come into the side for the Ashes won't they? Is Anderson going to make it, as i know Wood is injured and likely to miss the first 2 tests?
    I bloody hope Rashid doesn’t, not a test match bowler. I wouldn’t even bother playing a spinner. 
  • He'll be in the squad though surely?
  • Sponsored links:

• Think Leach and Ali will be ahead of him. 

I bloody hope Rashid doesn’t, not a test match bowler. I wouldn’t even bother playing a spinner. 

Probably not at Edgbaston.

Whilst partly true that's still half our side that showed they couldn't bat for toffee. They need to get some good scores today to at least build a bit of confidence to face that Aussie attack.

Not really half our side as none of them play in the top 3, and of the players at risk, Curran and Stone were 2 of the better players anyway
  • Leach to open!
  • Leach progressing to 11, whereas at the other end the nightwatchman Burns has struggled to 3
  • PaddyP17 said:
    Leach to open!

Did you expect him not to this morning Paddy?
  • PaddyP17 said:
    Leach to open!

Well, it might solve England's problems at the top of the order...
  • PaddyP17 said:
    PaddyP17 said:
    Leach to open!

Well, it might solve England's problems at the top of the order...

I wonder what they do if Leach gets a century?
  • 26-1

Burns 6 edged again playing away from his body, looked poor again.