Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket Team Summer 2019 -ICC World Cup and Ashes etc

Comments

• Don't know much about him, what do people think about Dom Sibley?  Worth a go in his home Test at least?
  • Don't know much about him, what do people think about Dom Sibley?  Worth a go in his home Test at least?
    Young, in form and has scored 'big' in his time.

Can he do any worse? I'm unsure of fitness for some but my inclination at the moment would be something like:

Sibley

Roy

Denly

Root

Bairstow

Stokes

Buttler

Woakes

Ali

Archer

Anderson

Tough on Leach I know but, as I said elsewhere, Edgbaston is Ali's ground (at Test level) so that gives him the nod for me. I'd possibly think differently on other grounds. If Jimmy doesn't make it then I'd play Curran S and jiggle the batting order accordingly.
  • Play resumed. Restricted view ticket isn’t restricted. Direct access to aisle. £15. One pina colada down. Winner. 
    Who’s @les_says cheering on?
  • First wicket down.... good take by Bairstow
  • And another - Broad this time. 18 for 2.
  • Get all your money on England
  • I claim credit for that wicket!

I dropped Broad from my team for Edgbaston and there is the response!
  • 3 down. Brilliant from Woakes. 19-3
  • F off Ireland!!! 
  • Sponsored links:

• F off Ireland!!! 
    Bit harsh 
  • Aussies have named their ashes squad .. sandpaper Bancroft is back to join the other two cringing cheats and no place for Alex Carey one of their better batsmen during the W Cup .. 
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/49127451

• 4 down. Irish eyes not smiling at the moment.
  • Make that 5!
  • 5 down...... Irish in a stew
  • Anyone else really underwhelmed by the sky sports commentary? Irish are snatching defeat from the jaws of victory and England making a big comeback and with each wicket falling and its “that was another good ball” in some bored monotone voice.

• Why do people keep posting twitter links, when half the working world cant get to Twitter ? - its not hard to just do a screenshot and that way saves everyone a click .
  • This has been total shite, but the conditions are so difficult. Oh well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Why do people keep posting twitter links, when half the working world cant get to Twitter ? - its not hard to just do a screenshot and that way saves everyone a click .
    Bloody annoys me when the BBC do that.
    Cant they do what @paulie8290 does. Posts the links then copies the text below for those of us that cant see twitter at work.

• Thus is  england in reverse.  
  • did/does anyone seriously expect that Ireland would/will win this ? .. 
  • Roy
    Vince
    Root
    Bairstow
    Stokes
    Buttler
    Ali
    Woakes
    Archer
    Broad
    Anderson

Thats my team for the Ashes (Vince can be replaced by A N Other but cant think of anyone).

Just need to get Woakes, Anderson, Broad and Archer to take on their quicks.

In other news, Ireland are looking green round the gills. 6 down.
  • MrOneLung said:
    Why do people keep posting twitter links, when half the working world cant get to Twitter ? - its not hard to just do a screenshot and that way saves everyone a click .
    Bloody annoys me when the BBC do that.
    Cant they do what @paulie8290 does. Posts the links then copies the text below for those of us that cant see twitter at work.

Exactly.

Well done Paulie.

• O brien gone

this won’t take much longer
  • haha same old england taking the piss
  • Btw. What time is lunch today?
    Sorry  :'(

• DamoNorthStand said:
    Roy
    Vince
    Root
    Bairstow
    Stokes
    Buttler
    Ali
    Woakes
    Archer
    Broad
    Anderson

Thats my team for the Ashes (Vince can be replaced by A N Other but cant think of anyone).

Just need to get Woakes, Anderson, Broad and Archer to take on their quicks.

In other news, Ireland are looking green round the gills. 6 down.

decent selection .. I'd still go for Burns over Vince