Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket Team Summer 2019 -ICC World Cup and Ashes etc

Comments

• The final result makes the game look like it was a lot easier than it was.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Chizz said:
    I assume Woakes has already been on the Lords board?
    Both
    He is one of about 5 on all 3, but I dont know what the 3rd one is. 
    batting, bowling and limited overs
  • edited July 2019
    England win by an innings and 58 runs :-)
  • Michael Atherton, Ricky Ponting and Muttiah Muralitharan only made it when they recently added the limited overs board.
  • This is a humiliation Ireland don’t deserve tbh.

The potato pickers deserve everything they get tbh.
    I'm sorry, what? 

And have you forgotten about the England ODI captain and where he's from?

Really? :neutral:

Living in Luxembourg, and experiencing the Irish.........yes.
  • PaddyP17 said:
    This is a humiliation Ireland don’t deserve tbh.

I'm sorry, what? 

CL’s very own Trump.
  • Blimey. 11 wickets, a late start for rain and a rain break before lunch.
    England win easily but the first day gave Ireland the moral victory. 
  • iainment said:
    Blimey. 11 wickets, a late start for rain and a rain break before lunch.
    England win easily but the first day gave Ireland the moral victory. 
    Nope 
  • Sponsored links:

• Well the English bowlers did their stuff overall but big questions with the batting.

As for Ireland they showed that they can compete at test level and as they gain more experience they will compete for longer. There is no doubt that the eventual margin of victory flatters England really and is not a reflection of the match as a whole.

I can see Ireland beating sides like Afghanistan and Bangladesh in the not too distant future as they become more accustomed to the level particularly at home.
  • Never in doubt! 
  • PaddyP17 said:

I'm sorry, what? 

CL’s very own Trump.

I live in Luxembourg, i experience them daily. Locals hear the English spoken, and think they are English - most of them not worth a light.
  • LenGlover said:
    Well the English bowlers did their stuff overall but big questions with the batting.

As for Ireland they showed that they can compete at test level and as they gain more experience they will compete for longer. There is no doubt that the eventual margin of victory flatters England really and is not a reflection of the match as a whole.

I can see Ireland beating sides like Afghanistan and Bangladesh in the not too distant future as they become more accustomed to the level particularly at home.
    Ireland did do well, very well, I expected it to be over today but England to only bat once.  Sorry to sound like a broken record but Root's over rotation of the bowlers in the first innings probably let Ireland score 50 more than they should. You shouldn't need 6 bowlers in less than 60 overs. 
  • edited July 2019
    Cafc43v3r said:
    LenGlover said:
    Well the English bowlers did their stuff overall but big questions with the batting.

Ireland did do well, very well, I expected it to be over today but England to only bat once.  Sorry to sound like a broken record but Root's over rotation of the bowlers in the first innings probably let Ireland score 50 more than they should. You shouldn't need 6 bowlers in less than 60 overs. 
    Did England come into this Test treating Ireland and the game with enough respect or were they seeing it as a warm-up match before the "proper" stuff (as they see it) starts next week?

That might explain some of the "hit and giggle" strokes played in the first innings and the constant shuffling of bowlers - trying to get some extra miles in the legs?

In the end England got lucky with the win but Ireland come out of the match with more positives than we do.

Where is the report functionality gone? This is flat out racism.
  • They went into the game with 6 bowlers and before game started I thought this was to see who was fit enough, good enough to get in the Ashes Test series and to look at the non regulars. 

Really? :neutral:

Living in Luxembourg, and experiencing the Irish.........yes.
    I say again, really?
    So you’re going to tarnish a whole people by those you have encountered whilst living abroad. Mmmmmmm, there’s a word for that isn’t there?

I’m going to use a well known Irish phrase, that my Grandad used to say, whenever I opened my mouth and blethered garbage. 

Hauld ya whist, ya eejit ya. 
  • el-pietro said:

Aw gawd, lets serve the racism card when personal expériences dont fit.
  • el-pietro said:

Nope. 
    They’re right. 
    Its racism. 
  • Sponsored links:

• I am still trying to work out wether it was the pitch, poor batting etc that gave us low scores although we got 300 in the 2nd innings.  We had the best bowling conditions today wheras Ireland has some good early bowling conditions on Day 1. This coming up after the World Cup where there was 241 scored in both innings. 
  • edited July 2019
    England had the better of the conditions through the 2 and a bit days.
    But for Jack Leach's diligence England would have been bowling yesterday afternoon in much less helpful conditions, defending a much more meagre target.
    Root & Ed Smith owe Jack Leach a massive drink.  But they'll drop him for Edgbaston
    Pairstow, Moeen Ali don't deserve to keep their places but will do.  Burns only clings on cos Alistair Cook has retired and there is nobody else.  Anybody with 3rd day tickets for ashes matches is gonna have to hope for the wettest August on record.

Captain cretin just said the conditions made it an unfair contest between ball and bat throughout - Joe you risible manbaby, if that was too difficult for you, you're in the wrong job, the ball is allowed to move laterally a bit. You're gonna soil yourself when Cummins, Starc and Siddle start seaming it around 15mph faster than Murtagh, pack plenty of nappies and try not to blub.
    Jack Leach had few problems and his county average is 9!!.  FFS you fraud you started out at Headingley, not exactly a road there is it?  No excuses for your performance you mental and spiritual weakling, claiming any sort of mitigation makes you a liar as well.  Grow a pair, say you phoned in an unforgivably poor showing, donate your match fee to a good cause and bat 3 against Australia.
    The only thing you did right in 7 sessions of cricket was take catches today.
  • el-pietro said:

Nope. 
    They’re right. 
    Its racism. 

Lets put it this way, The Irish give the English a worse name in Luxembourg.

My experience, sorry.

• el-pietro said:

Nope. 
    They’re right. 
    Its racism. 

My experience, sorry.

You are a racist
  • el-pietro said:

Nope. 
    They’re right. 
    Its racism. 

My experience, sorry.

And in my experience the British behave very unfavorably abroad, throughout the world. 
    But do I disrespect every single British person but tarnishing them all with the same brush? 
    No. 
    Why?
    Because I’m not an arse and am not racist. 

Aw gawd, racism always comes out when there is no other argument. So sad.

• Always nice beating the Irish.