Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket Team Summer 2019 -ICC World Cup and Ashes etc

Comments

• Just arrived. Drizzly rain and very overcast 
  • Just arrived. Drizzly rain and very overcast 
    I have just left to head home. Selfishley, I am now hoping less than 15 overs are played today in order to get a 100% refund!
  • thanks guys. It is what it is and whatever be will be. 
  • Play abandoned. 

• Play abandoned for the day at 4:25pm. I was a little uncertain when I left at 12:45pm but I have had previous occasions where I have held out until 5pm before play was abandoned and that becomes a bit desperate.
  • Arrived at 3pm left at 4:20pm!

Had another look in the museum so not a complete waste 
  • Such a shame for everyone with tickets, you look forward to it and then the rain comes
  • We might get a draw!
  • Such a shame for everyone with tickets, you look forward to it and then the rain comes
    I suppose the one very minor consolation is that we knew several days ago that the weather would be terrible, so had a few days to lower any expectations...
  • Play abandoned. 

Still raining now! A sensible decision to call it off at 4:20 rather than keep everyone hanging around for another hour, just in case
  • Sponsored links:

• At least I didn't miss anything. 
  • FFS Sky. Nornally they are good. I wishes they would put on one program and stick with it. I was sitting there watching Flintoff take a 2nd wicket against Aussies in 2005, the go for a break and now put on a program about Mumbai which is great but why change the program they started with? 
  • Really good speech by Chris Jordan presenting Jofra with his cap

• Just seen the weather forecast. Its not just Wednesday that looks like a washout but the weekend as well, especially Saturday.  I reckon only 2-3 days play at most.

A Draw is almost certain.

Correct about today. Tomorrow looks good all day but rain arriving Friday afternoon.....I reckon by tea. 

5 session of play come the weekend. Bung your money on a draw 
  • Just seen the weather forecast. Its not just Wednesday that looks like a washout but the weekend as well, especially Saturday.  I reckon only 2-3 days play at most.

Correct about today. Tomorrow looks good all day but rain arriving Friday afternoon.....I reckon by tea. 

Are you not obliged to issue a "wealth warning" when giving such advice?
  • edited August 2019

Just seen the weather forecast. Its not just Wednesday that looks like a washout but the weekend as well, especially Saturday.  I reckon only 2-3 days play at most.

The England team - "hold my beer!"

Roy snicks a wide one from Cummins he was trying to hit into Regent's Park
    Burns is bowled by a Starc yorker
    Denly hits 4 glorious cover drives before being plumb LWB to Siddle
    Stokes is run out after a terrible call by Root
    Root wafts at a Lyon arm ball
    Bairstow is bowled through the gate again
    Buttler caught at cover
    Archer caught in the deep
    Broad caught at short leg fending off a bouncer
    Woakes caught behind off Siddle
    Leach 9 no

122 all out
  • Hales?
    Ahem, edited  ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• I can see The Shard. What time is the toss? 
  • I can see The Shard. What time is the toss? 
    10.30 all being well
  • Australia win the toss and will bowl
  • Hazlewood and not Starc for Pattinson
  • Archer and Leach in for Anderson and Ali
  • Possibly a brave decision by Australia but we will see
  • Since 2007, here are England's first innings scores at Lord's when we have been put in to bat by the opposition... 

553-5 d
    593-8 d
    474-8 d
    575-9 d 

• Hazlewood and not Starc for Pattinson
    I thought Starc would get the nod over Hazelwood. Just shows the choices Aussies have compared to England with Wood, Anderson and Stone all out injured.
  • Possibly the best, most heartening picture we will see from Lord's today... 

• We need to bat cautiously this morning annnnnnd we have Roy to open.