Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket Team Summer 2019 -ICC World Cup and Ashes etc

Comments

• Options
    Are the aussies now rattled? No Smith. They have to soon bat to either win the game or save it. 
  • Options
    Didnt touch it anyway......

Same old Aussies, always cheating. 
  • Options
    I guess you have to take into account Smith normally gets a 100 as well and stays around for eternity. Take him out we may have a chance. Also the Archer factor. 
  • Options
    Was it Sri Lanka England bowled out in the final session of a test match to win it when everyone had given it up as a draw? 
  • Options
    I think it would be good for Sky to be showing how overs are left in the day....that's about the only thing that's important at the moment. 

I reckon about 60-65. Assuming a maximum rr of 4 per over I would pull out within the next 30 mins or so. Add another 50 or 60 quick runs  leaving them 250  in 55 overs.
  • Options
    Barring a quick collapse I think we can avoid Archer going out for a bat first. Keep him nice and fresh to rip into them.
  • Options
    I think it would be good for Sky to be showing how overs are left in the day....that's about the only thing that's important at the moment. 

I reckon about 60-65. Assuming a maximum rr of 4 per over I would pull out within the next 30 mins or so. Add another 50 or 60 quick runs  leaving them 250  in 55 overs.
    I am suprised they haven't mentioned it.
    It seems they have comoletly missed that part out.

Who is commentating now?
    Bumble and Atherton?
    Yet none of them have mentioned it. 
  • Options
    Here we go. A few more of those and we will be bolwing very soon (hopefully). 
  • Options
    Really want Lyon to go for over 100 without getting a wicket!
  • Options
    Here we are minimum overs remainig 57. Is it 2 overs you lose at the changeover? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great to know England have faced 64 overs though.....
  • Options
    Bat another 15-16 overs and give ourselves 40 at the Aussies.
  • Options
    Lyon invoking the spirit of Moeen Ali here 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Was it Sri Lanka England bowled out in the final session of a test match to win it when everyone had given it up as a draw? 
    Yes. I think it was. To be fair Sri Lanka were very poor if it was them. 
  • Options
    Here comes the instructins. 2 more overs I reckon, or Stokes gets a 100 and that will be that. 
  • Options
    250 off 50 would be my choice 
  • Options
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    oops Did Stoke call the bowler "a dick?" lol 
  • Options
    More musings........

We lost 10 overs today.....so 88 to play today. Effectively lost the ones made up for the ones lost earlier in the week. 

What I dont understand is that Lords has floodlights. Why not just play the allotted 98 overs  & finish at 7.30 / 8pm...??  I know 20/20 games have cut off times (usually 10pm ish) & Lords probably has time constraints laid down by the council, but surely for an Ashes Test they would have sought some sort of extension or provision for this. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rudders22 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Yes. I think it was. To be fair Sri Lanka were very poor if it was them. 
    And we had Swann as well.... 
  • Options
    Had 51 overs to bowl at them, only needed 24.4... eight years ago!
  • Options
    Bat another 15-16 overs and give ourselves 40 at the Aussies.
    Need more time than that. Also might be good to dangle a carrot, otherwise they might go full defensive mode & will leave most balls alone. Get them driving at the ball chasing runs. 
  • Options
    Win Viz now saying  95%  the draw & 5% England. 

54 overs left in the day. Lose 2 for the changeover so I think Win Viz are 100% correct. 

Might turn over & watch the football, or the sunday film. 
  • Options
    I would guess when Stokes is out, that will be it (or his 100 whichever comes first). 
  • Options
    50 overs and 250 runs would be interesting with out the maestro batting ?
  • Options
    Yep
  • Options
    Declaration coming very soon. 2 more overs. Stokes on 98. 
  • Options
    They'll pull out after we have faced 70 overs. 
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    They'll pull out after we have faced 70 overs. 
    I would prefer 69..