Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket Team Summer 2019 -ICC World Cup and Ashes etc

Comments

• edited August 2019
    Shake your head at the England captain as much as you like, mate, you're out.  The fielder claimed it, the umpire gave the soft signal out and the third umpire confirmed it.  And if you're still not sure, check in the paper in the morning.  
  • How did they give that out?
  • For me, it definetly bounced. Not out. Good Job. It has no effect on the game. 
  • Clearly out from the side view. Got his fingers under the ball.
  • so that is 3/4 different angles and we can't decide. Like you, one angle shows deinetly out. Another angle shows def not out. Not even Root would be 100% certain. However, he is honest. 
  • How did they give that out?
    The umpire gave the "soft signal" out, which means that, to overturn it, the third umpire must see clear, unequivocal evidence that it wasn't out, ie that it had hit the ground before being caught.  As he could see that Root's fingers were under the ball, he could not be certain that the ball had hit the deck.  So: out.  

Correct decision - and made in exactly the right way - in my view. 
  • Another wicket but way too late.
  • Leach done enough to cement his place for the series
  • Rudders22 said:
    so that is 3/4 different angles and we can't decide. Like you, one angle shows deinetly out. Another angle shows def not out. Not even Root would be 100% certain. However, he is honest. 
    Had there been one angle that showed it to be "definitely not out", it would have been given not out. 
  • Bit twitchy now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Great catch by Denly .
  • Fantastic catch. We are gonna fall short ar'nt we? 
  • edited August 2019
    What a catch Super Joe!

That's how you do it, Roy!
  • Could/would have been different if Roy had taken the catch. 
  • The positive that England will take from this test is that they are capable of beating the Aussies. 
    Had the weather been kinder we would have won.
    The Aussies will know this too.
    Roy drops the Ashes...
  • It's certainly exciting watching Archer bowl.
  • Take a hat trick Joe
    Roy drops the Ashes...
    But will England drop Roy?
  • Enjoyed that. 
    That Denly catch, wowsers. 
  • Sponsored links:

• England takes loads of credit from that match; and Australia have plenty of - literal and figurative - headaches.  

Well done, England. 
  • If only Roy could catch. Or bat.
  • edited August 2019
    The key thing about this test is not only the momentum swinging towards England, but the by products such as...
    Stokes,Buttler and Bairstow getting some runs
    Emergence of Archer plus the negativity that Archer will now cause towards Oz batting for rest of series.
    Possible loss of Smith for Oz for 3rd test

All momentum for England
  • Rudders22 said:
    so that is 3/4 different angles and we can't decide. Like you, one angle shows deinetly out. Another angle shows def not out. Not even Root would be 100% certain. However, he is honest. 
    Good job we have DRS......
  • A very enjoyable day for £20.
  • If it wasn't for the weather i think we'd have tied the series. If you take Smith out, then we are pretty evenly matched sides. Warner, Bancroft and Khawaja are walking wickets leaving them 3 down early on every innings, we just need to capitalise on it.
  • Archer is a real special talent . Absolutely unplayable at times 
  • Was it only me that got annoyed at the all the short stuff from Archer?

I am glad he done it, it's helped shake them up. But it also limited our wicket taking opportunities. 
  • Was it only me that got annoyed at the all the short stuff from Archer?

I am glad he done it, it's helped shake them up. But it also limited our wicket taking opportunities. 
    With you on this. There are 3 stumps to aim at & could get them out bowled or lbw. Maybe try aiming at them instead of the player once in a while. 
  • Concussion rule.

In football it's a week, but i don't believe there is an actual time stipulated in cricket. Solly is out for 2 games after an innocuous  clash of heads but Smith could play after being hit by a cricket ball travelling at close to 100 mph 

Hmm.........