Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket Team Summer 2019 -ICC World Cup and Ashes etc

Comments

• Entertaining final day but we definitely had a chance to win it.
    I thought Broad was very wasteful early on.
  • Concussion rule.

In football it's a week, but i don't believe there is an actual time stipulated in cricket. Solly is out for 2 games after an innocuous  clash of heads but Smith could play after being hit by a cricket ball travelling at close to 100 mph 

Hmm.........
    Perhaps Steve Smith can play RB for us on Wednesday!
  • Was it only me that got annoyed at the all the short stuff from Archer?

I am glad he done it, it's helped shake them up. But it also limited our wicket taking opportunities. 

Nah, thats the major part of his armoury - let Broad and Woakes pick up the pièces from the other end and aim at the stumps.

And, also, he still took 5? wickets , nicked behind, and lbw.

But, keep doing what you are doing coz its clearly rattled the Ozzies big time.

Let me just say, i was hugely impressed by Labuschagne - after taking that blow 2nd ball, and to play like that - very gutsy and impressive.

• Canters, did you have a St Georges flag on the balcony?
  • Canters, did you have a St Georges flag on the balcony?

Nope - not us.
  • The Root catch / foreshortening pics is an interesting one. Sky did a thing on this a few years ago. Nick Knight (I think it was) took a few very low catches & filmed all the angles. It was shown that even though he cleanly caught the ball the front on shot seemed to show the ball bouncing first. Since then I've been convinced that if it looks like the fielder has his fingers under the ball then it's a clean catch, no matter what the front on view looks like.
  • One other thing on the last day, I thought Leach bowled better than Lyon.
  • One other thing on the last day, I thought Leach bowled better than Lyon.
    Crucially in both innings Leach didn't leak runs, so that even if the pitch isn't turning you can use him in the Ashley Giles role to plug an end, something which Moeen in the last couple of games wasn't able to do. 
  • Lyon is a good bowler, but picks up most of his wickets because batsman underestimate him. Think we respected him and must’ve practised playing off spin a lot, which severely dulled his impact.
  • Sponsored links:

• https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/49387871

England pick an unchanged side. A final chance for Roy and Denly I imagine
  • I can imagine Australia may well bring Starc back in to their eleven now, fight fire with fire, especially as Headingly is supposed to be a faster, harder pitch than Lords.
  • I would like to see Felix Organ of Hampshire play for England then see who would be the first bowler to get Organ out
  • If he can lick his own organ then he should be in a circus.
  • Starc is no Johnson
  • Be very surprised if they start Siddle above Starc although the former has bowled pretty well so far. 
  • Be very surprised if they start Siddle above Starc although the former has bowled pretty well so far. 
    Rotation might play a part too

Is Woakes fit? They seem to be underbowling him at the moment, and I keep hearing about a little niggle, without ever being told what the problem is
  • The power move would be Starc for Paine and make Cummins captain and number 7 bat
  • Leuth said:
    The power move would be Starc for Paine and make Cummins captain and number 7 bat
    Wont do it. Oz are quite comfortable with 4 bowlers. (and who can blame them with Englnads batting).
  • Sponsored links:

• Boris' son is tbf a pretty good club batsman
  • Leuth said:
    The power move would be Starc for Paine and make Cummins captain and number 7 bat
    Surely Labuschange will play even if Smith is fit. Bancroft is the obvious person to leave out, though Paine would also be vulnerable if not captain
  • Moeen Alli is currently bowling medium pace pies and his figures are currently 0 - 107. I think leach’s Place for the next few tests is quite secure 
  • Moeen Alli is currently bowling medium pace pies and his figures are currently 0 - 107. I think leach’s Place for the next few tests is quite secure 
    Bizarre

• Spot on Lincs.
    Bizarre

Unique
  • I expect Smith will play anyway, but i wonder if they win the toss whether Australia will put us into bat first and therefore give him another day (well let's hope we can bat all day) to recover.
  • I expect Smith will play anyway, but i wonder if they win the toss whether Australia will put us into bat first and therefore give him another day (well let's hope we can bat all day) to recover.
    Sounds as if the final decision will be made by the medical experts - and we all know how cautious they will be.