Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket Team Summer 2019 -ICC World Cup and Ashes etc

Comments

• Saw the weather forecast last night. Rain around this morning in Leeds.....
  • Raining at the moment 

I worked in Leeds for 2 years - i could probably count the real sunny days on fingers of two hands in that time.
  • Cricindia saying that seems England will bowl first if they win toss.

Also saying Stokes 5,Bairstow 6 and Buttler 7 - so more changes.

That's how it should have been to start with though I think
  • Cricindia saying that seems England will bowl first if they win toss.

Also saying Stokes 5,Bairstow 6 and Buttler 7 - so more changes.

Leach and Burns to open, Woakes at 3...
  • edited August 2019
    England win the Toss and bowl. And it's raining

I worked in Leeds for 2 years - i could probably count the real sunny days on fingers of two hands in that time.
    That's about fourteen, judging by the people I know from Leeds
  • Good toss to lose, always is when it’s a bowl first conditions. Need to take advantage this morning. Get them all out for tea and hopefully conditions will get a lot better.
  • Difficult decision for the Australians.  They had to choose which of their poorly-performing, cheating opening batsmen to drop. 
  • England win the Test and bowl. And it's raining
    Great!
  • Sponsored links:

• Good toss to lose, always is when it’s a bowl first conditions. Need to take advantage this morning. Get them all out for tea and hopefully conditions will get a lot better.
    The problem is that we put them in wanting Australia to bat in murky conditions, and unfortunately they're too murky to actually play at the moment

That's the gloom emanating from the Yorkshire folk, who all have a personal cloud above them!
  • Lord's is bathed in sunshine this morning while it's grim up north. Dirty Leeds strikes again.
  • Enjoyed that Mitch Johnson masterclass, hated him when he was playing but since he retired he seems like a good bloke.
  • I think Archer is going to bowl some blistering pace this morning
  • This is starting to show the hallmarks of the Aussie second innings at lords.
    Our bowlers asking the questions but not getting the results.
    Need to strike hard and early.
  • About time!

;-)
  • Rain stops play
  • Harris c Bairstow b Archer 8    (2 streaky 4's).

Drizzle stops play again.
  • Sponsored links:

• Damn. I bet Warner will be pleased that it is raining.  Broad and Archer are bowling fantastic today. 
  • Australia's opening partnerships in this series:

2, 13, 11, 13, 12

Ave: 8.33 (1st inns), 13.00 (2nd inns), 10.20 (overall)

This is the first time in the series that Warner hasn't been first victim ... although he's bloody lucky that he wasn't!
  • Lunch taken early.
    Play to resume at 13.25.
  • The English weather is ruining this test, last test was ridiculous. I personally feel if over a days play is lost they should try and allow for an extra day. Again look forward to this mornings play and the weather strikes again, making me lose a bit of interest what is the highlight of any cricket season.
  • The English weather is ruining this test, last test was ridiculous. I personally feel if over a days play is lost they should try and allow for an extra day. Again look forward to this mornings play and the weather strikes again, making me lose a bit of interest what is the highlight of any cricket season.
    Calm down, plenty of time left to win this Test - weather set fair for the rest of the Test - at least according to my App.
    The way these two sides bat, i bet it wont last 4 days anyway.
    Calm down, plenty of time left to win this Test - weather set fair for the rest of the Test - at least according to my App.

I am not on just about this test, I was including the last one aswell. I know with both our batting it probably doesn't go 5 days. However I was stating I am losing interest because of the constant breaks/ stoppages.

I am a casual fan and only really flick over bits and try to watch the Ashes. Obviously down to the weather mainly, but I do think there should be something in place where they can use an extra day if they lose a days play, is that not fair?

I am not on just about this test, I was including the last one aswell. I know with both our batting it probably doesn't go 5 days. However I was stating I am losing interest because of the constant breaks/ stoppages.

I am a casual fan and only really flick over bits and try to watch the Ashes. Obviously down to the weather mainly, but I do think there should be something in place where they can use an extra day if they lose a days play, is that not fair?

Sometimes doesnt/cannot fit into the schedule - for example, you HAVE to have at least 3 days between Tests - so, for this Test it would have been impossible, as they were only 3 days apart.
  • Khawaja c Bairstow b Broad 8
  • Bowl jaffas and beat the outside edge time after time

Bowl rubbish down the legside and get a wicket!