Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket Team Summer 2019 -ICC World Cup and Ashes etc

Comments

• This is only the fourth century partnership of the series so far.

Unsurprisingly the visitors have three of them:130 Smith/Head (4th wkt), 126 Smith/Wade (5th wkt), both in the First test at Edgbaston, and now Warner/Labuschagne 108* (3rd wkt).

Very surprisingly the highest partnership was by England: 132 Burns/Root, also in the opening Test.
  • A drinks break? Really?!

The whole day has been a bloody break with short bursts of cricket throughout.
  • Warner out you fucking sandpaper prick
  • Warner c Bairstow b Archer 61
    Kids, don't try this at home.
    Very good.
    Made me laugh. 
  • Can we make an archer clone? What a bowler. 
  • Archer and Broad have been magnificent today. 
    If only Anderson had been fit.
    In these conditions the Aussies would have been in serious trouble. 
  • Woakes and Stokes went at 6 an over, which is hopeless for a captain
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2019
    Pathetic.  Rule should be light is poor use the pink ball and floodlights.
    Or use a white ball (made the same as the red ball, but dyed white instead of red).
  • Why are we bowling so much so far wide of the off stump that the batsman can just leave it?
  • Not any more!
  • Head b Broad 0   great ball, clipping off.
    Kids, don't try this at home.
    Very good.
    Made me laugh. 
    Tell you what, I wouldn't be laughing if I was doing that.
  • Best ball broad has ever bowled? Absolute jaffer.
  • England are probably hoping for another rain break
    But not now
  • Sponsored links:

• Wade b Archer 0
  • How unlucky.

What a shame.

Toodle pip!
  • Gotta love cricket, the game can transform so quickly. 
  • As usual, we just have to work out a way to get Steve Smith (who's out there on 50* in a Mission Impossible mask) 
  • Was going away from us 30 minutes ago, now we're right back in it!
  • Lasgane is the key man now - get him out and England can run the table and roll the Aussies for sub-160.

If he stays in, however ... Smith's replacement in more ways than one and he'll be nailed-on for a ton.
  • It's noticeable how Broad and to a lesser extent Woakes are bowling faster and a better length to 'keep up' with Archer
  • Root's handling of spin is dreadful. Stokes back on?! GIVE LEACH AN OVER AT LEAST
  • Leuth said:
    Root's handling of spin is dreadful. Stokes back on?! GIVE LEACH AN OVER AT LEAST
    It's almost as though he believes you can't have a spinner bowling on Day One of a Test match, especially when so much time has been lost.
  • Leuth said:
    Root's handling of spin is dreadful. Stokes back on?! GIVE LEACH AN OVER AT LEAST
    It's almost as though he believes you can't have a spinner bowling on Day One of a Test match, especially when so much time has been lost.
    Leuth said:

agree to an extent .. BUT, the pace bowlers have done well so far and the heat is on the Aussies at the minute .. seems to me that bowling Leach, with no probable help from the pitch would ease the pressure