Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• Options
    When I keep hearing “big wages” in the Championship.... can someone define that? How much per week to keep Aribo and Bauer in this league?
    20-25k is probably the average wage for a first team player in the top half of the championship, with some of the better players on 40-50k, especially teams with parachute payments etc.
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    Moo said:

Kieran Agard - 20 goals for MKdons last season. Has played in the champ before 

I'd take Agard... Dont know much about the rest
    Not big on soon to-be-30-year old strikers whose sole excellent year at any level was at age 29. Aneke also had 18 goals for the same club and is 5 years younger. Also free. 
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    When I keep hearing “big wages” in the Championship.... can someone define that? How much per week to keep Aribo and Bauer in this league?
    20-25k is probably the average wage for a first team player in the top half of the championship, with some of the better players on 40-50k, especially teams with parachute payments etc.
    But steep. 15-20k per week for upper end Championship. Lower premiership wages are c£30k a week except for new young players
  • Options
    I'm hearing Boro bidding £2m for Taylor. 
  • Options
    No idea........but if it's a recent Premier League team such as Stoke or WBA I would be thinking £15k per week.....maybe even 20k. I also imagine Leeds & Sheff Wed would be north of £10k/£12k per week. Could be way out mind.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Swisdom said:
    sam3110 said:
    But steep. 15-20k per week for upper end Championship. Lower premiership wages are c£30k a week except for new young players
    Yeah I think this is closer to the mark. What money did we have JBG, Igor et al sign up for? 10k ish p/w?
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Lee Cattermole is on 40k a week according to most Sunderland fans. So I imagine it's near enough the same for most relegated prem players. I think the 40k might even be reduced 

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/16831828.sunderlands-sky-high-wage-bill-and-why-they-are-still-paying-a-high-price-for-the-mistakes-of-the-past/

Seen other articles say he is on 50k. Basically we ain't competing with these relegated sides that's for sure 
  • Options
    Lamirez is the key for me on this. I like the thought of Eaves, but Lamirez tore us a new one from everywhere in Plymouth. Poor man's Jonny Williams... And being a poor man next season.
  • Options

i know of one youth player who will be having a trail at Charlton before season 2019/2020 starts.

Midfield player that will cost us nothing. could be very good player hope all falls into place for him and his family.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hopefully with the relationship we have built with Arsenal in improving their loan players over the years they wouldn't mind shipping out Eddie Nketiah. That's a kid with potential and pace that needs game time to kick on

The other one that I kept saying before was CJ Hamilton. With how much he faded during Mansfields second half of the season they may cash in. I think his lack of form was cause his head was turned by the Villa and West Brom interest. He also has pace to burn, young and can play on the wings or as a striker. London lad so I think he would favour a move to us over a lot of other sides that were interested, with Villa being in the prem now reckon they will be looking at bigger fish 
    I imagine we're in the free transfer/loan market only.
  • Options
    Villas wage bill for last season (when they didn't get promoted) was £73 million. Say they had 30 players, that's an average wage of nearly 50k a week.  Just for context. 
  • Options
    Croydon said:

QPR or Reading will get relegated next season deffo imo. We have to finish above both to be safe. Two sides due a relegation.

Reading, QPR and Millwall for the drop that order 
    Are we that much better than them?

And if we think Barnsley and Luton will be down there, who finished above us, then I assume we are right in the relegation battle as well.

Gonna be a dogfight next season. Would take 21st if offered now and we don’t get a new owner.

Squad wise probably not mate no. The main thing I would give us over those 3 though is they don't have a manager as good as ours imo and we are on a bit of a high. My table next season will look something like this:

Fighting for autos, should be play offs:

Leeds, Fulham, Cardiff, Huddersfield, West Brom

Play off contenders:

Derby, Stoke, Bristol City, Boro, Brentford

Mid table obscurity, play off hopefuls: 

Forest, Birmingham, Blackburn, Hull, Preston, Swansea, Sheffield Wendesday 

Relegation fight:

Charlton, Millwall, Reading, QPR, Wigan, Luton, Barnsley, 

Leeds have no money this year. Their scout was at Wembley on Sunday and not being shy about telling everyone.
    Reports today that the Qatari company that own PSG are in talks about buying Leeds.
    This has been going on in the background for a little while. Leeds are actively looking for some extra investment as Radrizzani has money but has said he is ‘observing’ until they get into the Premier League, which nearly worked this season just gone, and then he will put his hand in his pocket.

The problem is he already doesn’t own 100% of the club and any deal involving the PSG owners, of whom have been looking at getting into the English game (come to us!), Radrizzani still wants the majority share, so any share they potentially buy will be small, and that doesn’t suit them as they want more control.

Really, what needs to happen is someone needs to get in contact with them and let them know there’s a London club for sale with huge potential and will be easy access when they’re in Paris by jumping on the Eurostar into London. Sorted! 
  • Options
    Ross McCormack released by Villa. Could do a lot worse 
  • Options
    cafc4life said:
    Done absolutely nothing since 2016 and is 33 in a couple of months, add on top a high wage, there’s no chance and I think he’ll end up in either Scotland or Australia.
  • Options
    Sage said:
    cafc4life said:
    Done absolutely nothing since 2016 and is 33 in a couple of months, add on top a high wage, there’s no chance and I think he’ll end up in either Scotland or Australia.
    I guess so . Similar sort of temperatures and lifestyle in both these countries 
  • Options
    cafc4life said:
    Sage said:
    cafc4life said:
    I guess so . Similar sort of temperatures and lifestyle in both these countries 
    He is from Scotland so could well go back home. He also had time in Australia where he played for Melbourne and Central Coast. It’s not out there to think he might go back and then retire.

However, Scotland would likely be the destination as it’s where he, his wife, and family all are from.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Villas wage bill for last season (when they didn't get promoted) was £73 million. Say they had 30 players, that's an average wage of nearly 50k a week.  Just for context. 
    That’s on the extreme end. What do Millwall spend? What will Barnsley and Luton spend?
  • Options
    Middlesbrough were reported to be interested in Taylor in 2013:

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/falkirk-striker-lyle-taylor-middlesbrough-4026326
  • Options
    If true that's an insult and should be laughed at. Boro paid about 7-8m for Saville from Millwall who's a fairly average midfielder. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Where’s the link to this Taylor to Boro rumour?
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Croydon said:

QPR or Reading will get relegated next season deffo imo. We have to finish above both to be safe. Two sides due a relegation.

Reading, QPR and Millwall for the drop that order 
    Are we that much better than them?

And if we think Barnsley and Luton will be down there, who finished above us, then I assume we are right in the relegation battle as well.

Gonna be a dogfight next season. Would take 21st if offered now and we don’t get a new owner.

Squad wise probably not mate no. The main thing I would give us over those 3 though is they don't have a manager as good as ours imo and we are on a bit of a high. My table next season will look something like this:

Fighting for autos, should be play offs:

Leeds, Fulham, Cardiff, Huddersfield, West Brom

Play off contenders:

Derby, Stoke, Bristol City, Boro, Brentford

Mid table obscurity, play off hopefuls: 

Forest, Birmingham, Blackburn, Hull, Preston, Swansea, Sheffield Wendesday 

Relegation fight:

Charlton, Millwall, Reading, QPR, Wigan, Luton, Barnsley, 

Leeds have no money this year. Their scout was at Wembley on Sunday and not being shy about telling everyone.
    Reports today that the Qatari company that own PSG are in talks about buying Leeds.
    This has been going on in the background for a little while. Leeds are actively looking for some extra investment as Radrizzani has money but has said he is ‘observing’ until they get into the Premier League, which nearly worked this season just gone, and then he will put his hand in his pocket.

The problem is he already doesn’t own 100% of the club and any deal involving the PSG owners, of whom have been looking at getting into the English game (come to us!), Radrizzani still wants the majority share, so any share they potentially buy will be small, and that doesn’t suit them as they want more control.

Really, what needs to happen is someone needs to get in contact with them and let them know there’s a London club for sale with huge potential and will be easy access when they’re in Paris by jumping on the Eurostar into London. Sorted! 
    Not to mention, the 49ers own a small share in Leeds and if Radrizzani really wanted to, he could persuade them to invest more, considering they’re absolutely minted.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Where’s the link to this Taylor to Boro rumour?

All I can find on Twitter are these tweets:
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    @TransferCentre9 is a serial BS artist.

I’m actually weirdly impressed by their commitment - without changing their Twitter handle. I feel like they’ve been pumping out consistent nonsense for at least four summers now.
  • Options
    @Callumcafc

I believed all of this....

Until Ben Reeves was going to the Premier League 🤣
  • Options
    BR3red said:
    @Callumcafc

I believed all of this....

Until Ben Reeves was going to the Premier League 🤣
    That tweet was from 2017 - has his forehead grown?
  • Options
    I’ve unfollowed tc9. It really is a load of rubbish. The recently put out a rumour about Hiram Boateng when a few days before he signed for another club. 
  • Options
    If he didn't want to go to Sunderland I can't see him considering Middlesboro. And surely even Roland would want more than £2m for our best player.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Sage said:

Radrizzani's company has been struggling financially this season. He denied he was going to sell when the rumours came out earlier this year, but it's been in the cards for a while. Obviously getting PSG's owners in would be a coup for their fans. Andrea values Leeds at £100M. I'm good friends with Leeds' US-partner but have not asked him about what is transpiring yet.