Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• Options
    Looks like it - late loaners when the prem have their squads sorted . Hopefully lots of goodwill from Arsenal and WHU to send us their better players for Lee Bowyer to improve 
  • Options
    Callum McManaman has signed on a free to Luton, good player.
  • Options
    Looks like they’re showing a bit of ambition.
  • Options
    Mcmanaman is on a downward spiral
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    To be fair he played well for Robinson.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    ross1 said:
    Yes, he actually suited the 4-2-3-1 system cutting in from the left, whereas he doesn't suit the Bowyer diamond midfield
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    ross1 said:
    Yes, he actually suited the 4-2-3-1 system cutting in from the left, whereas he doesn't suit the Bowyer diamond midfield
    Indeed. I wonder if he is bright enough to realise that and move to Oxford. 

I think they will be pushing top six next season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Disagree, he's nothing special anymore. Bit surprised they've signed him to be honest, league one player who probably expects a decent wage. 
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Redrobo said:
    ross1 said:

Is there no way back for him with us? 
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Redrobo said:
    ross1 said:

No. None at all.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Redrobo said:
    Redrobo said:
    ross1 said:

No. None at all.
    Oxford tho? I would of thought that he'd get better offers
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Redrobo said:
    Redrobo said:
    ross1 said:

No. None at all.
    Possible, but hardly played last season and don’t forget QPR were happy for him to leave. 

If he shines for Oxford he could rebuild his career. Obviously has talent, just needs better application.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Redrobo said:
    Redrobo said:
    Redrobo said:
    ross1 said:

No. None at all.
    Possible, but hardly played last season and don’t forget QPR were happy for him to leave. 

If he shines for Oxford he could rebuild his career. Obviously has talent, just needs better application.
    It was Reading and I thought they wanted him to stay. 

Unless they just did same as us and guaranteed a fee. 
  • Options
    Isnt it going to be the same model as last season?
    ie players who have played well against us this season and caught Bowyers eye - the likes of Toney,Wilks,TJ Hamilton along with a couple of loanee Prem players (which hopefully is Cullen and Bielik)
    Who was the Mansfield lad who played well against us? Left winger or left back, think he scored.
  • Options
    ie players who have played well against us this season and caught Bowyers eye - the likes of Toney,Wilks,TJ Hamilton along with a couple of loanee Prem players (which hopefully is Cullen and Bielik)
    Who was the Mansfield lad who played well against us? Left winger or left back, think he scored.
    President mentioned him, that was TJ Hamilton.

Wilks won’t be on loan next season, he’ll be part of Leeds squad, so long as he proves to Bielsa that he is willing to work on his fitness.
  • Options
    FYI..... here are the wage bills for all Championship clubs (and PL clubs) in 2017/18. Higher than I thought for our new division. It is well-established that wage bill and table position correlate very well over the long-term (less so over any one year.)
    Our 2017-18 wage bill of £10 million would have ranked rank dead-last in the Championship. The only two clubs with that level of wage spending in 2017-18 both got relegated from our new division. I suspect things have not changed much in a year.
    Thus, to have a mid-table Championship squad (ranked by wages,) we need to spend £20M more on players than we did that year (and probably this year too.) Wow. So a 200% increase in wage spending to be an AVERAGE squad for wages in The Championship. Scary! :'(

If only @air@"Airman Brown" would write an article about these figures with more analysis.

What's that? He already did?

http://www.votvonline.com/home/the-2018-19-blogs/3-6-duchatelet-s-window-of-opportunity-may-not-last/
    Well, I was hoping you would say these numbers were bunk, instead of confirming them. This is all a real eye-opener. Had no idea it had got so crazy in the Championship. I need to start getting his magazine. The only silver lining I can see in this is that I now think we will get sold... and fast. He knows the SHTF moment financially is upon him. Or, I assume he knows.
    Just because Championship teams are paying an average of approx. £25,000 per week per player, doesn't mean you have to spend that to compete - spending a lot on players doesn't make the players better.  If you want to attract the very best at this level, you probably have to pay the most, but what's to say there aren't players out there who'd be happy to earn £5k - £10k pw and are good enough.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Would like Fosu and Bowyer sorting things out and seeing if he has a future with us still personally. 
    This

it was only 12 months ago we were worried about Champ teams taking him from us.
  • Options
    Sage said:
    President mentioned him, that was TJ Hamilton.

Wilks won’t be on loan next season, he’ll be part of Leeds squad, so long as he proves to Bielsa that he is willing to work on his fitness.
    Cheers, thought that might have been him but wasn't sure.
  • Options
    Would like Fosu and Bowyer sorting things out and seeing if he has a future with us still personally. 
    Nah. His attitude stinks, didn't even show at Wembley.  You don't need that in the changing room when he's bound to be a long slog of a season.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Nah. His attitude stinks, didn't even show at Wembley.  You don't need that in the changing room when he's bound to be a long slog of a season.
    Thats the issue that him and Bowyer can sort out.  Yes hes let himself down but If anyone can give him a kick up the arse then its Lee i think. Its whether or not he still wants him, i dont know if he even does. All i will say is that everyone makes mistakes in life and sometimes a person given a second chance appreciates it more.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    He was there. 
  • Options
    If Chelsea make him manager already they are mad. 
  • Options
    I've gotta say Cawley has made me feel very positive today, mentions of Bauer being linked with Millwall, Taylor being eyed up and now Bowyer being in the Derby seat potentially if Lampard goes.