Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2019
    I'm hearing Boro bidding £2m for Taylor. 
    It would not be a surprise.

Taylor speaks out against the owner earlier in the season.

Top goalscorer.

28/29 year old with a potential last opportunity big pay day transfer.

• Options
    Sigh! Championship spending is totally out of control. There are other clubs who will be re evaluating their finances such as QPR and Derby for next season. We are going to have to be so smart in the transfer market. It’s good the likes of Reeves , Ajose and marshal have gone. We can swap them for better players. Whatever happens LB had done a magnificent job and I’m sure we will have a good go next season. 

• Options
    FYI..... here are the wage bills for all Championship clubs (and PL clubs) in 2017/18. Higher than I thought for our new division. It is well-established that wage bill and table position correlate very well over the long-term (less so over any one year.)
    Our 2017-18 wage bill of £10 million would have ranked rank dead-last in the Championship. The only two clubs with that level of wage spending in 2017-18 both got relegated from our new division. I suspect things have not changed much in a year.
    Thus, to have a mid-table Championship squad (ranked by wages,) we need to spend £20M more on players than we did that year (and probably this year too.) Wow. So a 200% increase in wage spending to be an AVERAGE squad for wages in The Championship. Scary! :'(

Sobering isn't it really. 
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Yes, and if this screenshot of an article in 888 about Championship wages is correct, I am now officially frightened to death. According to this article, the average wage in this division is £25,000 per week.... per player. Average. Not just starters, but everyone.
    This seems impossible until you run the numbers. In my previous post at the top of the page I point out the mid-table Championship team-wage last season (2017-18) was £30 million. Calculate 23 players per team and maybe 80-90% of club wages are players, that comes out to... £20,000-23,000 per week per player, including bench players. :s

• Options
    edited June 2019
    FYI..... here are the wage bills for all Championship clubs (and PL clubs) in 2017/18. Higher than I thought for our new division. It is well-established that wage bill and table position correlate very well over the long-term (less so over any one year.)
    Our 2017-18 wage bill of £10 million would have ranked rank dead-last in the Championship. The only two clubs with that level of wage spending in 2017-18 both got relegated from our new division. I suspect things have not changed much in a year.
    Thus, to have a mid-table Championship squad (ranked by wages,) we need to spend £20M more on players than we did that year (and probably this year too.) Wow. So a 200% increase in wage spending to be an AVERAGE squad for wages in The Championship. Scary! :'(

If only @air@"Airman Brown" would write an article about these figures with more analysis.

What's that? He already did?

http://www.votvonline.com/home/the-2018-19-blogs/3-6-duchatelet-s-window-of-opportunity-may-not-last/
  • Options
    edited June 2019

If only @air@"Airman Brown" would write an article about these figures with more analysis.

What's that? He already did?

http://www.votvonline.com/home/the-2018-19-blogs/3-6-duchatelet-s-window-of-opportunity-may-not-last/
    Well, I was hoping you would say these numbers were bunk, instead of confirming them. This is all a real eye-opener. Had no idea it had got so crazy in the Championship. I need to start getting his magazine. The only silver lining I can see in this is that I now think we will get sold... and fast. He knows the SHTF moment financially is upon him. Or, I assume he knows.
  • Options
    We will have nobody left!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2019
    uie2 said:
    We will have nobody left!!
    Just Roland.

• Options

Putting 2+2 here and saying Bauer is signing. There is no way our social media account would have us on strings like that when they know how desperate we are for him to sign. Would just be cruel, saw sign and Bauer and really got my hopes up 
  • Options
    If he didn't want to go to Sunderland I can't see him considering Middlesboro. And surely even Roland would want more than £2m for our best player.
    Roland loves to show us that we know not how damaging he can be...
  • Options

Putting 2+2 here and saying Bauer is signing. There is no way our social media account would have us on strings like that when they know how desperate we are for him to sign. Would just be cruel, saw sign and Bauer and really got my hopes up 
    You caught me hook & line with the post too... 
  • Options

Ffs, all I could see was "Signed" and "Bauer" before it loaded properly!

:-( 
  • Options

You'd hope so. If I bought this shirt and he then signed for Palace a day later it would be a bit of a sickener!

• Options
    The old football rumours website was the go to place for gossip before Twitter 

This on there:
    29 May 2019 02:15:48
    Millwall are confident of signing striker Milan Duric from Salernitana, although Charlton are also interested.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sturridge and Moreno let go by Liverpool. Not relevant to us though!
  • Options
    Matthews would be a decent number 2. Probably quite cheap as well.
  • Options
    Let's be honest, Charlton will consider anyone that's free. 
  • Options
    A twatter post from some guy called Nick My Shiter and people are actually posting it up?

Sheffield United came good with a below average wage bill last season. With the correct man at the helm, with the right support and the ability to coach his game correctly to his players is priceless.
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    A twatter post from some guy called Nick My Shiter and people are actually posting it up?

Sheffield United came good with a below average wage bill last season. With the correct man at the helm, with the right support and the ability to coach his game correctly to his players is priceless.
    To be fair, he’s a verified shiter..
  • Options
    cafc4life said:
    Ross McCormack released by Villa. Could do a lot worse 
    Astonishing decline.  Remember when he scored all four goals in Leeds' 4-2 win at The Valley?
  • Options
    Isnt it going to be the same model as last season?
    ie players who have played well against us this season and caught Bowyers eye - the likes of Toney,Wilks,TJ Hamilton along with a couple of loanee Prem players (which hopefully is Cullen and Bielik)