Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• Pretty sure Cawley said he was only gone a week 
  • Thomas Cook
  • According to Richard Cawley he was away for a week (tweet is dated 30/5). 
  • Roland gives him 1 week a year holiday and he should be grateful.
  • I am hoping Eaves is the equivalent of someone like Chris Iwelumo..... gets his chance by moving up a league to the champ and then like Big Chris did settles in to becoming a solid second tier striker 
    Oh God no!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBMitdUoSvA
    All a manager can ask is that their strikers get into the right positions.
  • I am hoping Eaves is the equivalent of someone like Chris Iwelumo..... gets his chance by moving up a league to the champ and then like Big Chris did settles in to becoming a solid second tier striker 
    Oh God no!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBMitdUoSvA
    Most Scotland players would love to be able to get the ball that close to the goal.
  • edited June 2019
    West Brom now sounding Bowyer out it seems

Thankfully its only coming from the Express

• West Brom now sounding Bowyer out it seems

think you will find it's the Express & Star which is a local Midlands paper.
  • New owners, loads of money then Eaves is u likely the answer.  Current status quo, go get him.  Cheap, decent recent record, good foil for Taylor, local..
    There can’t be loads of money. The books have to be balanced over three years. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Swisdom said:
    I would like to think Lee would stay with us.  When he says we have something special it's a two way street.  

He's learning his trade, he is happy with his staff and has the adulation of the fans - I don't think he would get the same leeway at any other club so I am not so sure he would want to go there and start from scratch with a huge amount of expectation as there is at WBA or Derby

Maybe wishful thinking but hopefully realistic
    Yes a two way street , but does the owner appreciate the job he has done by rewarding him with a good contract 
  • Swisdom said:
    I would like to think Lee would stay with us.  When he says we have something special it's a two way street.  

He's learning his trade, he is happy with his staff and has the adulation of the fans - I don't think he would get the same leeway at any other club so I am not so sure he would want to go there and start from scratch with a huge amount of expectation as there is at WBA or Derby

Maybe wishful thinking but hopefully realistic
    Yes a two way street , but does the owner appreciate the job he has done by rewarding him with a good contract 
    Nope. He offered him a contract that neither he nor Murray could even understand!
  • LB wont be young anywhere. Trust me. 
  • Wont be young anywhere!
  • Crusty54 said:
    New owners, loads of money then Eaves is u likely the answer.  Current status quo, go get him.  Cheap, decent recent record, good foil for Taylor, local..
    There can’t be loads of money. The books have to be balanced over three years. N
    s

Not so
  • West Brom now sounding Bowyer out it seems

think you will find it's the Express & Star which is a local Midlands paper.
    The clue being the expressandstar.com website address.
  • Crusty54 said:
    New owners, loads of money then Eaves is u likely the answer.  Current status quo, go get him.  Cheap, decent recent record, good foil for Taylor, local..
    There can’t be loads of money. The books have to be balanced over three years. N
    s

Not so
    Really?
    http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/financial-fair-play-explained.php
  • Wont be young anywhere!
    Young Lee Bowyer was the most expensive Chinese player to play in the premier league when he joined Leeds. 
  • Crusty54 said:
    Crusty54 said:
    s

Not so
    Really?
    I wouldn't want you to be my accountant if you consider a £39M loss is balancing the books.
  • Crusty54 said:
    Crusty54 said:
    s

Not so
    Really?
    Yes, really.

Can lose average of £13m per season over three years
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2019
    Crusty54 said:
    Crusty54 said:
    s

Not so
    Really?
    Yes, really.

Can lose average of £13m per season over three years
    Si.
  • Aribo to Celtic looking likely
    On other newspaper tweets, Rangers hoping to beat Celtic to the signing
  • edited June 2019
    In addition, this FFP "loss" is different from the straight losses in the financials. The loss for FFP purposes is essentially the financial loss minus any money spent on stadium improvements, academy, etc. In 2017-18 the club lost £10M or so, but 2 million of that was money spent on the academy, so the real FFP-loss was probably more like £8.3M.
    They do look back at the last two years of financials when coming up with the 3-year max loss of 39M, even though we were in L1. In looking at the financials and somewhat projecting what happened in 2018-19 based upon data given by Airman Brown, I suspect our FFP looks about like this...
    2017-18: -8.3M... stated loss subtracting £2M spend on academy
    2018-19: -7.3M... 17/18 loss plus extra playoff money minus lower matchday
    2019-20: -0.3M... same as 18/19 plus £7M in higher solidarity pmts expected
    This coming year, 2019/20 is calculated if Rat keeps all the extra solidarity money and re-signs no one. Thus, I guess the current 3-year period loss is only going to be £16M, well short of the £39M limit. If we re-sign players out of contract to Championship wage levels, re-sign Bowyer, add some staff and spent £3m on incoming transfers and their higher contracts, I still don't see 2019-20 getting past £7-9M in FFP losses.
    We have more wiggle room this year than most clubs in the Championship to spend. Rat just does not want to.
    PS- even worse, his FFP loss for 2016-17 was a profit due to £16M in transfer-out fees. He made money that year and spend nothing. No wonder we finished 13th.
  • The average wage at Celtic is roughly 16k a week and at Rangers 9k. That's average as well and I don't see Joe being a top earner at either club. I actually don't see Joe moving to the Scottish League at all anymore. I think it was either Arsenal or Villa and Villa don't seem to be chasing him that much and Arsenal only seem to want him as a prospect. I think if Bowyer stays Joe will as well.

I think we can match his wages of the Scottish sides and he knows here he can really elevate himself whereas it isn't guaranteed at the other teams 
    If so then his career will go the same way as Grant's. 
    Grants move imo is far more sensible...

I mean why go to Scotland. The Championships a far bigger league to get noticed in
    Grants move imo is far more sensible...

I mean why go to Scotland. The Championships a far bigger league to get noticed in
    Not disagreeing but if Aribo goes Celtic then let's not forget he could be playing in the Champion League next year.