Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• edited June 2019
    Don't see the point in this going any further, Celtic have fans cause they're the Scottish Man U, would be a bang average championship side if they merged with the English leagues and as the years go by those that would have been Celtic or Gers will become Liverpool or Man U, City as well if things carry on as they are due to their lack of success (Hypothetical Celtic that is). For evidence look no further than Irish and Welsh football fans. 

Massive fish in a very tiny pond

• When Jonathan Johansson (excuse my spelling) came to Charlton from Rangers he said he was coming to a bigger club. As we were in the premier league. 

When was the last time you heard a player ever say "I am so happy to be coming to a smaller, less important club"? :D
    If we were in the PL, then maybe you have an interesting discussion. But we are not in the Premier League. In fact, we have not even played a game in the Championship yet!
    This is about whether Aribo is moving to a bigger club by going to Celtic (if that rumour is even true.) By any rational measure or by the opinion of anyone outside this rather-biased board (and probably the overwhelming majority on it), the answer would be .... yes.
    Stick to maths. 
    You make more sense 
  • On a side note, not our rumour but a player I really have wanted us to sign for about 2 seasons now. Solid signing by Pompey 

You would assume that means Nathan Thompson might be off? Wouldn't mind seeing Thompson down the valley, bit of a twat but decent player
  • I like how Pompey are being run under Eisner. I think they go up in 2019-20.
    Yeah I would say their bad days are behind them. Matt Clarke looks to be going to a prem side for at least 7 mill, they can do some serious damage in league 1 if they reinvest that. I've seen their after Curtis Tilt which is a decent enough replacement. I also think Pompey will go up
    Can we call Portsmouth a Mickey Mouse club?
  • On a side note, not our rumour but a player I really have wanted us to sign for about 2 seasons now. Solid signing by Pompey 

You would assume that means Nathan Thompson might be off? Wouldn't mind seeing Thompson down the valley, bit of a twat but decent player
    I hadn't realised that the Pompey assistant manager is Joe Gallen, older brother by 1 year of our Steve Gallen!

• Two Gallens 
  • Sponsored links:

• Two Gallens 
    Cue imperial measurement puns
  • lolwray said:
    Two Gallens 
    At least there’s something where ours is bigger than the Yanks’. 
  • lolwray said:
    Two Gallens 
    Not firkin likely.
  • Big picture of Joe on back page of Daily Express Scotland today.

• What is that in English? Is that one of Driesdens players he found on Football Manager? 
  • According to that he is being loaned to us after playing for them last year....

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Arce
  • # LastHora forward Billy Arce who belongs to the
      would be ceded to
  • edited June 2019
    Ultima hora is equivalent to our 'breaking news'. It's literal translation is 'last hour'.
    My response would be 'quien es Billy Arce?' Who the #%+! is Billy Arce?
    The last time I looked, Brighton couldn't score a goal for love nor money, and this bloke couldn't even get into their team.
  • Sponsored links:

• Nothing concrete but saw a Plymouth fan post we will sign Lameiras. Could just be a panic post but thought I'd share anyway 
  • Presumably no relation to Oscar Arce, the ex-Aston Villa player of the late 1960s. Like his namesake (at least to date), he never played a first team game in England.
  • Spoken to my family member who works for Brighton, asked him about Billy Arce. His reply was that Brighton signed him for his stats at his age and that it would be good to see how he gets on in England.
  • Spoken to my family member who works for Brighton, asked him about Billy Arce. His reply was that Brighton signed him for his stats at his age and that it would be good to see how he gets on in England.

well on that basis I would want Brighton to be paying all his wages. Bowyer has a tiny budget and a punt like that soaking up even a small amount would be crazy. 
  • edited June 2019
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5cfb95ad37c24/steve-gallen-on-summer-transfer-plans

Put a offer to a club for a player and free transfers.

i wonder if it’s a fee to the club or a case of they want this player of the books so free