Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• Lots on google about Aribo to Rangers. 
    Going to Celtic is one thing, going to Rangers is another. 
    Not really. Unless you buy into all that sectarian shit. 
    Yes it’s exactly the same- a waste of his time 
  • wmcf123 said:
    Lots on google about Aribo to Rangers. 
    I would think having leant from Bowyer then going to learn from Gerrard would be anything but a waste of time
    There is the gulf in quality between the teams too of course.
  • Lameiras is a great signing if it happens.
    In talks with Swansea apparently, they 'll blow us out the water wages wise
  • wmcf123 said:
    Lots on google about Aribo to Rangers. 
    I would think having leant from Bowyer then going to learn from Gerrard would be anything but a waste of time
    Different gravy IMO. Being a great player does not necessarily make a great manager. I think that if you have always played with top players you know less about improving a player because it is a given, and more about tactics.

Bows and Jacko seem to excel at the development side. I really do think Aribo would benefit from a longer time with them. If he does, I think he will get to the very top quicker.

I would also add that my personal view of watching Scottish football is it is a lot more physical that even our 1st division. I don’t think that would help his development either.
    But he’s a London boy though admittedly I am unaware if he has a soft spot for sheep - in which case we are screwed 
    There is the gulf in quality between the teams too of course.
    I can’t imagine Gerrard offering anything valuable and it’s a dreadful league
  • Swisdom said:
    Lameiras is a great signing if it happens.
    But he’s a London boy though admittedly I am unaware if he has a soft spot for sheep - in which case we are screwed 
    Is he a London boy ?
    Signed for Spurs at 16, but born in Portugal.
    When did he come to the UK ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Swisdom said:
    It’s 2019, can we leave that kind of talk in the past please?
    Maybe they want him as cover (for Williams?) and will only offer him a year or two. More game time and a longer contract might be important enough for him to sign for us.
  • edited June 2019
    Q&A transcripts from the Gills/Evans session. Forum posters have said what has been left out was the Boston United conversation and that's it by the looks of it. No mention what so ever of Eaves coming to Charlton, they do seem confident he is off though so we probably are in the running along with a handful of other clubs you would imagine.

• If Swansea want Lameiras then he’s not coming to us. 
  • edited June 2019
    Doing some viewing on the RTG boards after their Jason Pearce link, quite hilarious opinions on him. Some seem to not realise he was the player that just beat them at Wembley. 

While I was on there though I stumbled across an interesting thread on players they should go for and saw these charts, now I know stats aren't everything, but judging by the charts are our centre backs good enough for the step up? From what I can read into it Jason Pearce is our best centre back. Now I know stats don't mean much sometimes, we still got promoted and players with good stats like Tafazolli, Clarke and Tilt didn't. But I wonder if we are looking into bringing in another solid centre back.

There was also a striker chart and it looks to me like Eaves is very much the striker to go for, now I don't know how accurate this is but one Mackem on there has said his wage demand is 2k. Now I'm not sure how he would know that or if it's even true but if it is then surely we can offer him something. 

Anyway images below, yes I am not coping well in the off season already and yes I probably need to get a different hobby other than browsing other teams forums and smashing fm.

• Swisdom said:
    So are the sheep.. or they will be :)
  • Doing some viewing on the RTG boards after their Jason Pearce link, quite hilarious opinions on him. Some seem to not realise he was the player that just beat them at Wembley. 

While I was on there though I stumbled across an interesting thread on players they should go for and saw these charts, now I know stats aren't everything, but judging by the charts are our centre backs good enough for the step up? From what I can read into it Jason Pearce is our best centre back. Now I know stats don't mean much sometimes, we still got promoted and players with good stats like Tafazolli, Clarke and Tilt didn't. But I wonder if we are looking into bringing in another solid centre back.

There was also a striker chart and it looks to me like Eaves is very much the striker to go for, now I don't know how accurate this is but one Mackem on there has said his wage demand is 2k. Now I'm not sure how he would know that or if it's even true but if it is then surely we can offer him something. 

Anyway images below, yes I am not coping well in the off season already and yes I probably need to get a different hobby other than browsing other teams forums and smashing fm.

Wouldn't trust that with a barge poke. Just a casual glance & 90& of the defenders names mean nothing to me, but Bauer only about par with Michael Turner  ??? Behave. 
  • Doing some viewing on the RTG boards after their Jason Pearce link, quite hilarious opinions on him. Some seem to not realise he was the player that just beat them at Wembley. 

Wouldn't trust that with a barge poke. Just a casual glance & 90& of the defenders names mean nothing to me, but Bauer only about par with Michael Turner  ??? Behave. 
    I know but it's still interesting. According to that graph Naby is pretty average, Pearce is good in the air and Bauer is a bit of a jack of all trades master of none. I just wonder could we do better. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Naby was outstanding over the full season. Sure he had a rocky finish but the nerves got to many of our players in those play off games.

People forgetting before his injury Pearce was having a less than perfect start to the season.
  • That is tommy driesens wank material and as much use as him and his knowledge 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Naby was outstanding over the full season. Sure he had a rocky finish but the nerves got to many of our players in those play off games.

People forgetting before his injury Pearce was having a less than perfect start to the season.
    He wasn’t . He was outstanding after he returned after his Wimbledon red card 
  • Swisdom said:
    If he does indeed have a soft spot for sheep - it's they who will get screwed.
  • https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5cfb95ad37c24/steve-gallen-on-summer-transfer-plans

Put a offer to a club for a player and free transfers.

i wonder if it’s a fee to the club or a case of they want this player of the books so free 
    I think Steve Gallen is great. He explains things clearly and is as honest as he can be.
    We don't want him telling us names tbh or it will alert other clubs if they are not already on the case.
    Robinson got to be credited for getting him in 
    In my opinion Robinson set many foundations for our resurgence.
    He sure taught us not to rely on one formation and not to play a formation for which you don’t have the players.

I know but it's still interesting. According to that graph Naby is pretty average, Pearce is good in the air and Bauer is a bit of a jack of all trades master of none. I just wonder could we do better. 
    This reminds me of an very intresting piece I read about 15 years ago.  The, very similar to this set, stats rated 3 of England's center halves in the following order.  1st Sol Campbell, 2nd Terry 3rd Rio.  Very similar to how its rated Pearce, BFG and Sarr. 

What the artical went on to delevop was the idea that it was completely misleading.  It didn't take into account the amount of times Campbell got caught on the ball and won it back, was out of position so had to make a challenge, got beaten to the ball then won it etc.  Its conclusion was that Rio was the best because he had to make far less challenges because he gave the ball away far less and was quicker to the ball.  Also that Terry wasn't quite as good as Rio but better than Campbell for the same reasons.

I would suggest that this is the same with our 3 currently.  Pearce is brilliant in a challenge, but has to make more than the other 2.