Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• edited June 2019
    BTW, looking around and most Plymouth fans are not terrible sad to see Lameiras go. Scored all his goals this last season in the first half of the season, except a couple. Several say he was "non-existent" for many games and other claimed that they hoped scouts were there for his good games and not his bad ones. I could not find many who felt Argyle should put in much effort to sign, even if they were not relegated. That kind of talk reminds me a lot of how Bradford fans talked about Mark Marshall before we got him. I prefer to get players their fans hate to lose rather than those they seem non-plussed about. I think fans know their own players better than opposing scouts do.
  • BTW, looking around and most Plymouth fans are not terrible sad to see Lameiras go. Scored all his goals this last season in the first half of the season, except a couple. Several say he was "non-existent" for many games and other claimed that they hoped scouts were there for his good games and not his bad ones. I could not find many who felt Argyle should put in much effort to sign, even if they were not relegated. That kind of talk reminds me a lot of how Bradford fans talked about Mark Marshall before we got him. I prefer to get players their fans hate to lose rather than those they seem non-plussed about. I think fans know their own players better than opposing scouts do.
    Always take the view of relegated fans with a pinch of salt

Notice that Lameiras scored eleven goals for them last season which was one more than Joe Aribo (Reuben played two games more), with his goals maybe they wouldnt have gone down had the Defence done their job too? - Or maybe their chances of survival wouldn't have lasted till the end of the season had he not scored so many?
  • edited June 2019
    If we want someone from Argyle, the one their fans don't wanna lose is some guy named Ryan Edwards, their center-back, for what it's worth. He has announced he is leaving. 1.91 tall, age 25, can also play RB. Anyone know much about him?
  • edited June 2019
    BTW, looking around and most Plymouth fans are not terrible sad to see Lameiras go. Scored all his goals this last season in the first half of the season, except a couple. Several say he was "non-existent" for many games and other claimed that they hoped scouts were there for his good games and not his bad ones. I could not find many who felt Argyle should put in much effort to sign, even if they were not relegated. That kind of talk reminds me a lot of how Bradford fans talked about Mark Marshall before we got him. I prefer to get players their fans hate to lose rather than those they seem non-plussed about. I think fans know their own players better than opposing scouts do.
    Always take the view of relegated fans with a pinch of salt

Notice that Lameiras scored eleven goals for them last season which was one more than Joe Aribo (Reuben played two games more), with his goals maybe they wouldnt have gone down had the Defence done their job too? - Or maybe their chances of survival wouldn't have lasted till the end of the season had he not scored so many?
    Fair enough, but why do you take "relegated fans with a pinch of salt?"
    How does relegation affect the majority of fans being able to know their own players, specifically? Did we not know which players were good or not good after the 2015-16 season? If anything, I would think they would be the experts, certainly more than us watching youtube videos or our scouts seeing them play one match, if that?
  • iamdan said:
    Redhenry said:
    If we finish below QPR, that means relegation
    Source?

• edited June 2019
    Scoham said:
    I trust Bowyer, Jackson and Gallen’s judgement on whether someone is good enough and right for us more than other fans.

We’ve also seen Bowyer and his team are very good at helping players improve.

Totally respect that view. He has earned it. Given we do not really know if all these rumours are true (or BS) about various players, I hope no one minds if I keep throwing out questions about other players getting attention. There are some interesting players coming available and it's fun to play the fantasy transfer game. It's still ALL a fantasy until we find out Bowyer has signed a new contract.
  • Another..... Bolton are letting players leave who are in contract due to finances. Sometimes other's pain can be our gain. There is a fullback their fans are very sad to see go and, at age 29, he is in his prime and started 37 matches in 2018-19 in The Championship, so we know he can play here.... Pavel Olkowski. Would normally be a fee but now for free, apparently. Any thoughts?

• Conor Washington on a free?
  • edited June 2019
    Todd Kane, RB, 25yrs, Chelsea... on a free? Played 41x for Hull in our new division last season, so clearly can play in this division. Villa planned to get this window but being promoted changed that. Derby apparently want.

• Sponsored links:

• BTW, looking around and most Plymouth fans are not terrible sad to see Lameiras go. Scored all his goals this last season in the first half of the season, except a couple. Several say he was "non-existent" for many games and other claimed that they hoped scouts were there for his good games and not his bad ones. I could not find many who felt Argyle should put in much effort to sign, even if they were not relegated. That kind of talk reminds me a lot of how Bradford fans talked about Mark Marshall before we got him. I prefer to get players their fans hate to lose rather than those they seem non-plussed about. I think fans know their own players better than opposing scouts do.
    From memory you are wrong about Marshall. Bradford fans were gutted to lose him but pleased about Clarke. Although Clarke's game time was cut short by injury, he was much better than Marshall, so they got that wrong. 
  • edited June 2019
    From memory you are wrong about Marshall. Bradford fans were gutted to lose him but pleased about Clarke. Although Clarke's game time was cut short by injury, he was much better than Marshall, so they got that wrong. 
    Disagree. I said in Dec, 2017 on here that many fans on their own message board, Bantam Talk, called him "old," said he had "lost his legs" and was "injury prone." That pretty much turned out to be 100% accurate. Are there fans who were were sad to see him go? Of course, he was a former POY. Memories. But if you actually looked at the thread on their message board, you see how very mixed the views were.
  • edited June 2019
    From what I have seen its the complete opposite, seen a load of them on Pasoti saying he will be a big miss and saying he is more effective than Carey.

Also in regards to Marshall it was the opposite definitely. Bradford fans were gutted to lose him and still want him now and were instead amazed we went for Billy Clarke. That was a set of fans definitely wrong that time.
  • cafc4life said:
    Not in a million years with either Blackman or Fer be signing for us. It’s a rumour made up by some virgin in his bedroom on Twitter. Not even worth thinking about
    Driesen keeping himself busy. 
  • This is not really Driesen, is it? Please tell me that is not him.

Not true Nappa, I play walking football against PA and they are all season ticket holders at Home Park. I have talked to half a dozen+ people who know their football and they all really rate him (Lameiras). 
    Not true Nappa, I play walking football against PA and they are all season ticket holders at Home Park. I have talked to half a dozen+ people who know their football and they all really rate him (Lameiras). 
    Okay! Happy if true. :)  Do we REALLY know if we are in the running or are we all just in an echo chamber on this one?
  • edited June 2019
    For anyone who cares, this is a fair representation Plymouth fan's views about the prospect of Lameiras leaving to the Championship. Sounds like he needs more consistency and a manager who knows how to make him better. Luckily, we have that in Bowyer if Rat re-signs him. To be honest though, praise for him is hardly unanimous. As a "free", though, not much risk I can see.
    In Bowyer I trust.

• Conor Washington on a free?

His scoring record isn't that great when you look closely( loads of goals in non league) He is fast and energetic, watched him play for N Ireland and he does run about a lot but I think he would be a gamble.  He didn't have a bad record at Peterboro - enough to impress QPR who paid 2.5m for him. Scored 14 in 98 games for them before going to Sheff Utd and didn't score any for them in 16 appearances in Championship last season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Is there anyone being bid on out there for a fee of £500k-1M that we should be looking at, if we had the money?
  • Derby may be prepared to pay up some of his wages to make it affordable to go for Blackman like Palace did for Williams. 
  • Luke Thomas who was on loan at Coventry is being let go by Derby. Looks a decent attacking midfielder. Barnsley currently favourites to sign him tho
  • Todd Kane, RB, 25yrs, Chelsea... on a free? Played 41x for Hull in our new division last season, so clearly can play in this division. Villa planned to get this window but being promoted changed that. Derby apparently want.

I know nothing about him but have an aversion to players who get to age 25 and have never kicked a ball in a competitive match for the team that owns them.  Suggests to me he has likely made a packet from the game without ever moving out of the Chelsea safety net and not sure that, character wise, that is what we want.
  • Todd Kane, RB, 25yrs, Chelsea... on a free? Played 41x for Hull in our new division last season, so clearly can play in this division. Villa planned to get this window but being promoted changed that. Derby apparently want.

I would suggest RB is the last position we need to think about. Dijk and solls is better cover than any other position.
  • Swisdom said:
    Both out of contract. Blackman is in Spain and might be affordable. Out of favour at Derby so will be on the move somewhere...

Fer is likely on a LARGE salary and unattainable. Linked to Villa I believe. 
    Blackman isn’t out of contract, Derby want a fee. 
    He’s been on loan for 2 years and played about 4 games for Derby I think. Surely they just want him out
  • How long does Blackman have left on his Derby contract?
  • How long does Blackman have left on his Derby contract?
    This time next year.
  • Shows nothing much is going on when we’re still discussing players linked to us in a badly faked tweet...