Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• My understanding is that Lyle was less than impressed with how Sunderland conducted the face to face meeting. He got the impression that they thought that he (LT) would be awed by it all and agree to everything. He wasn’t and didn’t. 
  • Yep but don’t hold your breath
  • cafc83 said:
    How have we gone from roughly double the league one average budget to not being able to compete with most league one clubs this year? It's utterly nuts.
    I doubt (don't know) we can't compete with most L1 clubs.
    It's more likely to be the same budget ie the worst in the Championship, but better than the vast majority of L1.
  • Look at all these players we're signing...
  • cafc83 said:
    How have we gone from roughly double the league one average budget to not being able to compete with most league one clubs this year? It's utterly nuts.
    Steve Gallen said (I think at the FF he attended) that in the event of not being promoted our shopping pool was in L2 / free transfers. If the rumours are true I suspect that promotion hasn't made the difference to the shopping list that some people expected.
  • cafc83 said:
    Steve Gallen said (I think at the FF he attended) that in the event of not being promoted our shopping pool was in L2 / free transfers. If the rumours are true I suspect that promotion hasn't made the difference to the shopping list that some people expected.
    There is nothing wrong with that though if you scoop up the right players, Jayden Stockley, Christian Doidge and James Norwood would have all been more than welcome here. It's all about finding the ones who are too good for that league and can step up, like Mo Eisa for the Posh.

What is worrying me is that we can't even seem to scoop up free agents who were playing at much smaller clubs than us last season allegedly. How is that even possible
  • cafc83 said:
    There is nothing wrong with that though if you scoop up the right players, Jayden Stockley, Christian Doidge and James Norwood would have all been more than welcome here. It's all about finding the ones who are too good for that league and can step up, like Mo Eisa for the Posh.

What is worrying me is that we can't even seem to scoop up free agents who were playing at much smaller clubs than us last season allegedly. How is that even possible
    Not the fact we won’t be able to offer League 1 players more money they are on, but other clubs will be able to offer more. 
  • Sponsored links:

• cafc83 said:

To be slightly more positive, it's not as if we've lost any of our alleged targets yet. Indeed the level of transfer business is still pretty small at the moment
  • Scoham said:
    Redhenry said:
    I think Bowyer wants to stay, and part of me hopes that a sale is going through and he is waiting on a new ownership to take him on.

BUT if he gets offered a position whilst still in limbo I would not blame him if was to leave.
    He wants to stay but it sounds like he is getting frustrated with the budget, signings etc. I would be gutted if he goes. From what I'm hearing we can't compete with many League One clubs let alone Champ.
    How did our budget compare with League 1 clubs last season?
    Our budget was approx double the league one average. There should be no expectation it will match someone like Sunderland who are still receiving parachute payments 
    Doesn’t make the achievement of promotion as great as i first thought , prolly includes the high salaries  of Sarr and Vetokele 
    there was i thinking everyone signed for the love of our club and not for the wages we offered them 
  • cafc83 said:

Not the fact we won’t be able to offer League 1 players more money they are on, but other clubs will be able to offer more. 
    That is what I am referring to, we can't seem to get these free agents who would fit in potentially because our contracts are shit, it's a joke.
  • edited June 2019
    It’s always a game of cat and mouse at this stage of the season. Agents will be urging players to wait as long as they dare to see if better offers come along. Clubs will have various targets and priorities and budget to jiggle. 

It it would be great to get in some quality players with Championship experience but in the main we were always going to be in the better L1 players market just like under Powell’s promotion. I’m convinced our budget is shit but I do trust in Gallen and Bowyer. I also don’t think we should underestimate Bowyers pulling power. Remarkable comment given his inexperience. 

The biggest factor next next season will be the ability of Bowyer and Jackson to instil that great togetherness and camaraderie we enjoyed last season. That and to get more than the sum of its parts out of the team. I have every confidence they can do both.

Its going to be very tough no doubt but as but as long as we have LB I really think we can survive.

A new ownership before the window closing looks unlikely but we can still hope. I’m still confident that Bowyer will be picking the team for the opening fixture. 
  • edited June 2019
    Graham Carey has rejected Plymouth’s contract offer. Worth a look or not good enough for the Championship?
  • Graham Carey has rejected Plymouth’s contract offer. Worth a look or not good enough for the Championship?
    Slightly wary of signing players who've played in a relegated L1 side, when we were promoted (as opposed to if we were still in L1). Can Carey and Lameiras be that good if their team was relegated? Even if they are good individually, did they help create other weaknesses in the team as a whole? 
  • edited June 2019
    Graham Carey has rejected Plymouth’s contract offer. Worth a look or not good enough for the Championship?
    Slightly wary of signing players who've played in a relegated L1 side, when we were promoted (as opposed to if we were still in L1). Can Carey and Lameiras be that good if their team was relegated? Even if they are good individually, did they help create other weaknesses in the team as a whole? 
    Fact Plymouth had the third worst defence in the Division (only Rochdale and Scunthorpe conceded more) probably had something to do with their relegation

Scored more goals than any of the teams from 14th down
  • Graham Carey has rejected Plymouth’s contract offer. Worth a look or not good enough for the Championship?
    Signed for CSKA Sofia 
  • Bubble said:
    Signed for CSKA Sofia 
    Random, he'll be playing alongside Tony Watt there!

Didn't work out well for Gudmundsson, Pope or Lookman. Bet they are well gutted they left.

• Sponsored links:

• edited June 2019
    Some Gills fan on a wind up. Hook, line and sinker in the replies...
  • Thought I would share this, will attach image and link the thread. Two people on the Graham Carey thread on Pasoti linking us with Ruben Lameiras. The owner of the website seems convinced we are getting him, twice now he has said it. The mention of us was when another forum user questioned if he was off to Swansea 

https://www.pasoti.co.uk/talk/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=107889&start=143
  • edited June 2019
  • This is wonderful isnt it! 3 ish weeks ago we was celebrating and on a high and now..............oh doom and gloom coz Roland strikes again!! Sell the dam club!!!
  • Bubble said:
    Signed for CSKA Sofia 
    No way! That's disappointing 
  • Rudders22 said:
    According to Sky Sports West Ham have bid accepted for a midfielder from a spanish club. Also they have a target of 5 midfielders. No doubt Josh will be pleased... 
    They also will have Jack Wilshere back this coming season too. Albeit probably not for long until he gets injured again but with bringing in a midfielder from Villarreal who is a full Spanish international, and most likely will sign at least another one or two on top, you have got to wonder where Cullen is going to force himself into the squad.

Could be good news for us. But we must sort out our own issues first, that is for sure. Long summer ahead, unfortunately.
  • Thought that was inevitable at West Ham. They are no longer about bringing through the youth and I firmly expect Cullen to go out on loan again at some point this coming season.
  • Sage said:
    Rudders22 said:
    According to Sky Sports West Ham have bid accepted for a midfielder from a spanish club. Also they have a target of 5 midfielders. No doubt Josh will be pleased... 
    They also will have Jack Wilshere back this coming season too. Albeit probably not for long until he gets injured again but with bringing in a midfielder from Villarreal who is a full Spanish international, and most likely will sign at least another one or two on top, you have got to wonder where Cullen is going to force himself into the squad.

Could be good news for us. But we must sort out our own issues first, that is for sure. Long summer ahead, unfortunately.
    That being the case I can see West Ham trying to get a fee for Cullen rather than loan out again. If that’s the case then we are out of the equation.