Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• Yeah that;s true. I agree, they will certainly look for a fee for him. I feel sorry for someone like that. Plays his heart out, has a good season and then West Ham don't give him a chance to show what he can do for 1st team, even before they have kicked off. As you say we won't be able to afford him. A normal owner would recognise this and put in a bid for him. 
  • edited June 2019
    I know we have no chance with a fee, but does £1.5M sound about right? I can't imagine he would be worth more than KAG, no? He had our highest average player rating for 2018-19. Would be a coup to land him.
  • edited June 2019
    Until he has a decent season in the Championship, I doubt he’s worth enough for West Ham to consider selling. None of these PL clubs are particularly concerned about offloading youngsters when the aggregate pay for the lot of them is probably less than one star signing that they make every summer.

Last time he featured in the Championship, he didn’t exactly get rave reviews from the Bolton fans. I can absolutely see West Ham agreeing to give him another chance in the second tier with a year on loan.

If it pans out the way we hope, let’s cross our fingers that he can cut it in the Championship this time around.
  • I know we have no chance with a fee, but does £1.5M sound about right? I can't imagine he would be worth more than KAG, no? He had our highest average player rating for 2018-19. Would be a coup to land him.
    West Ham are in a much better position to ask for a bigger fee for Cullen than we could for KG.

We’d need a takeover to have a chance of signing him permanently and even then I’d have doubts we’d spend the sort of money he’d likely cost. 
  • With Cullen could we negotiate a free transfer but with a 50% sell on clause and first refusal on a buy back perhaps?.
  • edited June 2019
    With Cullen could we negotiate a free transfer but with a 50% sell on clause and first refusal on a buy back perhaps?.
    Not with the current owner. 
  • Until he has a decent season in the Championship, I doubt he’s worth enough for West Ham to consider selling. None of these PL clubs are particularly concerned about offloading youngsters when the aggregate pay for the lot of them is probably less than one star signing that they make every summer.

Last time he featured in the Championship, he didn’t exactly get rave reviews from the Bolton fans. I can absolutely see West Ham agreeing to give him another chance in the second tier with a year on loan.

If it pans out the way we hope, let’s cross our fingers that he can cut it in the Championship this time around.
    I believe he can cut it in Championship. Really impresses me and would be surprised if West Ham let him go on loan for another season but fingers crossed.
  • Out of contract next summer isn’t he? Maybe West ham do a Chelsea and force him to sign an extension before a loan, otherwise they may as well sell rather than loan for a year
  • Maybe we should look at Arsenal and West Ham and consider who might be available.

As a Championship club we would be more attractive to them for a better class loanee.
    Could Eddie Nketiah from the Gunners become an option? He would probably get more game time with us. 
  • I'm sure he will be kept around around the first team and used in the Europa League & League Cup but i'd love Willock on loan from Arsenal 
  • Sponsored links:

• Why is this thread even active? No one (no not the Bolton player) will sign before we have a confirmed Head Coach in place.

You can mention all the names you want but it's really not worth it unless we have Bowyer signed up.
  • Why is this thread even active? No one (no not the Bolton player) will sign before we have a confirmed Head Coach in place.

You can mention all the names you want but it's really not worth it unless we have Bowyer signed up.
    Its end of season let us at least have some fun before the shit storm starts

Perhaps but it’s also correct that both Bowyer and Gallen are still actively working on deals so why shouldn’t we continue to speculate? 
    It just depresses me that's all!

Perhaps but it’s also correct that both Bowyer and Gallen are still actively working on deals so why shouldn’t we continue to speculate? 
    It just depresses me that's all!
    It is Charlton we are used to it and we will be ok. 
  • Bow and Gallen will be working behind the scenes already. Don't worry about that. 
  • Rudders22 said:
    Bow and Gallen will be working behind the scenes already. Don't worry about that. 
    For....Derby.
    Thought that was more bielsas territory 😉
  • Sponsored links:

• I hate posts like this. Attention seeking 4 year olds spring to mind

Oh, have a drink or something.

Clearly says it's not Ben but his brother
  • I hate posts like this. Attention seeking 4 year olds spring to mind

Oh, have a drink or something.

Clearly says it's not Ben but his brother
    4 lines down. Clearly done as an attention seeking post to try and get lols 

#yawn
    Cheer up
  • Plymouth midfielder Ruben Lameiras has turned down an offer to join ex-Plymouth team-mate Graham Carey at CSKA Sofia. #pafc #cskasofia
  • Plymouth midfielder Ruben Lameiras has turned down an offer to join ex-Plymouth team-mate Graham Carey at CSKA Sofia. #pafc #cskasofia
    Just to clarify is that turning down an offer to join CSKA Sofia?

That could also be read as turned down an offer from Argyle but I'm reading it as Lameiras has turned down CSKA?