Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• edited June 2019
    There are two players who we are interested in who will require fees. One is a midfielder from League 1 (I named on the sale thread) and another is a striker with a Championship rival. 

Aiden O'Brien from Millwall is who I understand is the other. As a third striker/No.10 cover. Pompey also shown interest n AOB.

Someone to play alongside Taylor in the same ilk as Grant is also on the shopping list and likely to demand a reasonable fee.
    If you give us a fee for AOB then we'll have pulled your pants down.
  • edited June 2019
    If it is aiden o brien then I’ll be having a couple of bags on us getting relegated . The guy makes Simon church look like aguero. He is absolute dog . 
  • There are two players who we are interested in who will require fees. One is a midfielder from League 1 (I named on the sale thread) and another is a striker with a Championship rival. 

Aiden O'Brien from Millwall is who I understand is the other. As a third striker/No.10 cover. Pompey also shown interest n AOB.

Someone to play alongside Taylor in the same ilk as Grant is also on the shopping list and likely to demand a reasonable fee.
    haha, absolutely no chance!
  • Redhenry said:
    There are two players who we are interested in who will require fees. One is a midfielder from League 1 (I named on the sale thread) and another is a striker with a Championship rival. 

haha, absolutely no chance!
    No chance it’s happening @Redhenry ? Thank god for that 
  • cafc4life said:
    If it is aiden o brien then I’ll be having a couple of bags on us getting relegated . The guy makes Simon church look like aguero. He is absolute dog . 
    He's not THAT bad :smile:

He's got tricks for days but is slower than Akinfenwa.
  • cafc4life said:
    He's not THAT bad :smile:

He's got tricks for days but is slower than Akinfenwa.
    I’ve seen him a few times and have many a millwall ST mates who cannot stand him
  • Must be a reason Bowyer and Gallen want whoever it is. I trust them.
  • There are two players who we are interested in who will require fees. One is a midfielder from League 1 (I named on the sale thread) and another is a striker with a Championship rival. 

Not saying he hasn't been linked but O'Brien wasn't the striker I was told about yesterday. 
  • I'll be absolutely seething if Aribo goes to Celtic or Rangers. The championship is 10 times the league that the SPL is
    Celtic is 10 bigger than Charlton, can pay more, and attracts more attention from scouts around Europe. Oh, and they play in the Champions League every year. 
  • I'll be absolutely seething if Aribo goes to Celtic or Rangers. The championship is 10 times the league that the SPL is
    Celtic is 10 bigger than Charlton, can pay more, and attracts more attention from scouts around Europe. Oh, and they play in the Champions League every year. 
    The Scottish league is usually a black hole with substandard teams and hardly any attention from anyone outside of Scotland. Plus, outside of the top 2 or 3 teams it’s not even close to championship standard. 
  • Sponsored links:

Only the 1st qualifying round, could go to Iceland and have the same :wink:
    The Scottish league is usually a black hole with substandard teams and hardly any attention from anyone outside of Scotland. Plus, outside of the top 2 or 3 teams it’s not even close to championship standard. 
    Dembele sold for £20M, Van Dijk £14M, Forester £11M, Wanyama £13M. What did we sell KAG for? £1.5M? The “Scottish League” may be a black hole, but Celtic is not. To argue that staying here under Roland is better than going to Celtic does not make much sense to me. One caveat... he has to start at Celtic to make that work. If he goes there to sit on the bench... bad move.
    Dembele sold for £20M, Van Dijk £14M, Forester £11M, Wanyama £13M. What did we sell KAG for? £1.5M? The “Scottish League” may be a black hole, but Celtic is not. To argue that staying here under Roland is better than going to Celtic does not make much sense to me. One caveat... he has to start at Celtic to make that work. If he goes there to sit on the bench... bad move.
    The irony is that Ross MaCormack and Jordan Rhodes, both Scottish, both went for over 10 million between championship clubs. 

Not saying he hasn't been linked but O'Brien wasn't the striker I was told about yesterday. 
    Your one would play alongside Taylor then?

Would account for the fee as I understand that AOB has a year left on his contract and Millwall were looking for a small fee, but Charlton not prepared to agree to one. Loan being discussed and only in as a squad player, not starter. Pompey offering him a better chance of a start as I understand it, but his preference is to stay local. Agent wants him playing somewhere so maybe it won't happen.
    If Celtic played in England they would be playing welling and Bromley. 
    Fucking Mickey mouse  club.

My thoughts exactly. I don’t know a Spanner who rates him. 
    If Celtic played in the Premiership, nineteen English clubs would have enormous stewarding costs. 
    Well I can understand a dislike or even extreme dislike of a football club. Mine is Millwall but to describe Celtic as Mickey Mouse is taking the dislike too far and frankly ridiculous. Celtic in season 17/18 had the ninth highest home league attendances in Europe with an average home gate of 57,523 supporters. More than those wellknown Disney teams Man City or Liverpool.
    The well known Disney teams Man.city and Liverpool were not playing teams week in and week out the size of Barnet. 
    In fact Liverpool just won a little trophy called the champions league. 
    Celtic had revenues of £42M in 2017-18 from match-day, £18M from merchandise and sponsors. £60M and that does not include any TV money at all. Charlton's revenues are £7.3M, all-in, one-eighth that amount. This year, according to VotV, we will have £14.5M in revs, one-fourth Celtic. No doubt which club has more resources. Oh, and Celtic made a profit of £14M, while we lost £10M. 57,000 attendance vs 10,000? Not even close. I can only dream that CAFC gets a big as Celtic.
  • Sponsored links:

Celtic had revenues of £42M in 2017-18 from match-day, £18M from merchandise and sponsors. £60M and that does not include any TV money at all. Charlton's revenues are £7.3M, all-in, one-eighth that amount. This year, according to VotV, we will have £14.5M in revs, one-fourth Celtic. No doubt which club has more resources. Oh, and Celtic made a profit of £14M, while we lost £10M. 57,000 attendance vs 10,000? Not even close. I can only dream that CAFC gets a big as Celtic.
    Remind me how well the mighty Celtic do in Europe every year. 
    It's one thing playing in a wank league every season. 
    Totally different playing in Europe 
  • Remind me how well Celtic do in Europe every year. 

Better than CAFC?
  • @blackpool72

when you’re in a hole stop digging ;0)
  • @blackpool72

I don't think I'm in a hole. 
    When Jonathan Johansson (excuse my spelling) came to Charlton from Rangers he said he was coming to a bigger club. 
    As we were in the premier league. 

Now I know Charlton ain't as big as rangers or Celtic  but my point is that they play in a shit league. 
  • edited June 2019
    @blackpool72

When Jonathan Johansson (excuse my spelling) came to Charlton from Rangers he said he was coming to a bigger club. 

Now I know Charlton ain't as big as rangers or Celtic  but my point is that they play in a shit league. 
    That’s not what you said though. You said “Celtic are a Mickey Mouse club” 

we’ll leave it there
  • @blackpool72

That’s not what you said though. You said “Celtic are a Mickey Mouse team” 

we’ll leave it there
    Fair enough 
  • Celtic lie like fuck about their attendances anyway, put them in the Premier League and they'd sink like a stone, only thing that would help them out is the astronomical amount of money they'd get from TV deals
  • edited June 2019

When Jonathan Johansson (excuse my spelling) came to Charlton from Rangers he said he was coming to a bigger club. As we were in the premier league. 

When was the last time you heard a player ever say "I am so happy to be coming to a smaller, less important club"? :D
    If we were in the PL, then maybe you have an interesting discussion. But we are not in the Premier League. In fact, we have not even played a game in the Championship yet!
    This is about whether Aribo is moving to a bigger club by going to Celtic (if that rumour is even true.) By any rational measure or by the opinion of anyone outside this rather-biased board (and probably the overwhelming majority on it), the answer would be .... yes.
  • sam3110 said:
    Celtic lie like fuck about their attendances anyway, put them in the Premier League and they'd sink like a stone, only thing that would help them out is the astronomical amount of money they'd get from TV deals
    Like everyone else then except with bigger crowds than all but a handful of their rivals.