Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• Aribo to Celtic looking likely
    If so then his career will go the same way as Grant's. 
    Grants move imo is far more sensible...

I mean why go to Scotland. The Championships a far bigger league to get noticed in
    Not disagreeing but if Aribo goes Celtic then let's not forget he could be playing in the Champion League next year. 
    Only in the qualifying round. 

I mean why go to Scotland. The Championships a far bigger league to get noticed in
    Especially in London.

Depends on what answer you are looking for........or how cynical you are.

Chance to play in Europe
    Or
    Half a dozen hard games per season with the rest being a walk in the park
    Or
    Screwing your former team as they wont get any compensation.

Rubbish statement.
  • Sadly, I can see West Ham or the Nigels coming in for him 
  • I'll be absolutely seething if Aribo goes to Celtic or Rangers. The championship is 10 times the league that the SPL is

Didn't exactly work out badly for Van Dijk.

I think it did, massively delayed his move to big club. Had to go to Southampton first where he was clearly good enough to play for a big side straight away
  • Sponsored links:

• Not sure why it particularly matters where Aribo ends up unless it’s Millwall. I’m sure Jo will go exactly where he thinks he’ll get a lot of game time and be on a bigger stage. Yes the general standard of the SPL is less than The Championship but I doubt Jo would waltz into any of the top Championship teams and certainly not get a sniff in the Premiership. If he’s playing regularly and well he’ll get noticed soon enough by the bigger boys. Wherever he goes I wish him well.
  • edited June 2019
    I still think it's odd that there's no mention of the Evans comment on Gills fan pages on twitter facebook or their forums, it's not exactly something they wouldn't mention. I'm not doubting our posters but I do think maybe your mates telling you could be on wind ups, hope I'm wrong 

What is positive is Jonny saying he effectively wants to stay and Bowyer is talking like he will be staying himself 

Are you saying his Cockney accent was so bad you thought he was being Scottish?
  • Sponsored links:

• Sounds like he has the same budget as previous year.  Perhaps that is the issue on new contract, despite someone suggesting it is salary, which would surprise me as he was retired before Kewell approached him.  (Does he have UEFA badges needed in the Prem?)  So last years budget, less high earners Ajose, Vetokele, Reeves  and possibly Bauer.  Tough ask, so I guess we will be shopping in Leagues One and Two rather than the Championship.  I wonder what is the view of Lee and SG on bringing in cheaper players from Northern Europe ie Belgium.
  • Sage said:
    luke1 said:
    And there it also is confirmed, we will have the smallest budget in the league. Beyond a joke really when you consider how rich Roland is compared to other owners, how the size of us is far bigger than many others in the league.

We really do just need this takeover to go through and something to happen because it’s going to be a struggle otherwise. Let’s not kid ourselves.
    Seriously doubt that is on the cards any time soon. Bowyers comments regarding paying a fee for a player fit perfectly into Duchatelets MO. Doesn’t sound to me like LB is thinking in terms of a change anytime soon.
  • luke1 said:
    Stupid old c**t... Only happy to buy a player if they're young and have sell on value yet doesnt bother to renew Contracts properly so the young players he currently has with any value will be able to leave for free anyway!!
    Absolutely. I can understand his philosophy but only if we ensure we get full value when our young promising players depart. 
  • luke1 said:
    Stupid old c**t... Only happy to buy a player if they're young and have sell on value yet doesnt bother to renew Contracts properly so the young players he currently has with any value will be able to leave for free anyway!!
    I’m not sure how old luke1 is....you really should find out his age before making assumptions. 
  • There are two players who we are interested in who will require fees. One is a midfielder from League 1 (I named on the sale thread) and another is a striker with a Championship rival. 

Aiden O'Brien from Millwall is who I understand is the other. As a third striker/No.10 cover. Pompey also shown interest n AOB.

Someone to play alongside Taylor in the same ilk as Grant is also on the shopping list and likely to demand a reasonable fee.
  • Hardly a surprise Cafcfan, this has been his operating model since 2016. It's disappointing that we still have supporters who can't see it. The fact that we haven't gone into Administration is their yardstick for success. Promotion is proof to them that anything is possible irrespective of investment, commitment and ambition.
  • Hardly a surprise Cafcfan, this has been his operating model since 2016. It's disappointing that we still have supporters who can't see it. The fact that we haven't gone into Administration is their yardstick for success. Promotion is proof to them that anything is possible irrespective of investment, commitment and ambition.
    Not a surprise but frustrating nonetheless. He almost has a second chance, not with fans but to claw back some money and intergrity. A mid table London club with a gate of 20k, potentially 25k, would be a decent proposition for potential buyers. Instead all he is showing the buyers is that he is desperate to sell and won't invest. 
    I very much doubt there are many supporters that can't see it and believe that anything is possible.