Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• Bowyer and Gallen's transfer business has been brilliant and to be applauded, but I cant help but worry about Duchataway's rant when he finds out Lee found the key's to the petty cash tin. 
  • edited July 2019
    Fancy the Chelsea kid to be announced sharpish as I guess there was no intention of him being in the 25, whereas a Cullen type would be last day.
    When you say the 25 I guess you mean the Squad Announcements for Premier League teams

If so then none of Cullen | Gallagher | Bielik (?) have to be named in the 25 as they've come from the Academies
  • Can see albie and George being a good midfield partnership in the future.If bowyer gets his  loan targets albie will go out on loan to improve can’t see what problem is I’m sure if he didn’t think his targets were not an improvement at this moment in time bowyer wouldn’t send him out. Albie has definitely got the eye for a pass but you can’t say his a box to box player at the moment.which is what we want from him.
    i thought sometimes Aribo was like this he wouldn’t track back and you need to at this level. 
  • Glenn Whelan? I don’t think a 35 yo midfielder who’s on 30k+ a week will be what we need this year

putting wages to one side you don't think we need an older head with extensive PL experience in midfield?
    I think having that would be beneficial but I don’t think we need that right now, we need starters. I don’t want to waste a place in the squad on a midfielder that’s going to be a top earner and only going to play 10/15 games a season. I think Bowyer, Jackson, Pearce, Pratley, etc. provide plenty of great experience for the younger lads 
  • Fairly sure you have to name them if they are over 21 even if academy players as they have to count towards the 8 homegrown players out of the 25, Cullen is 23 and Bielik is 21 but because his birthday is next Janut counts as an under 21 player still
  • sam3110 said:
    Fairly sure you have to name them if they are over 21 even if academy players as they have to count towards the 8 homegrown players out of the 25, Cullen is 23 and Bielik is 21 but because his birthday is next Janut counts as an under 21 player still
    I could well be wrong then as I always thought that the rules were that any players through the Academy were almost a freebie and didnt have to count towards the 25-man squad
  • sam3110 said:
    Fairly sure you have to name them if they are over 21 even if academy players as they have to count towards the 8 homegrown players out of the 25, Cullen is 23 and Bielik is 21 but because his birthday is next Janut counts as an under 21 player still
    I could well be wrong then as I always thought that the rules were that any players through the Academy were almost a freebie and didnt have to count towards the 25-man squad
    No Cullen would have to be included in the 25 man squad. Bielik doesn't have to be included in the 25. 
  • Glenn Whelan? I don’t think a 35 yo midfielder who’s on 30k+ a week will be what we need this year

putting wages to one side you don't think we need an older head with extensive PL experience in midfield?
    I think having that would be beneficial but I don’t think we need that right now, we need starters. I don’t want to waste a place in the squad on a midfielder that’s going to be a top earner and only going to play 10/15 games a season. I think Bowyer, Jackson, Pearce, Pratley, etc. provide plenty of great experience for the younger lads 
    and why would Whelan not be a starter? We know we have a small budget and I doubt we'd be able to afford Whelan but if we could he'd be a tremendous asset on the pitch, somewhere neither Jacko, Bowyer and maybe even Pratley and Pearce may not be.
  • Reasonably pleased with the business so far all considering. We've signed 2 young & experienced captains to bolster the back four, now we just need to add 2 strong Centre mids, and 2 forwards!
  • Sage said:
    Can I just say, I’ve just landed and picked up my suitcase, passport control was as clear as the weather the next few days.

Just seen we have signed Oshilaja which is fantastic.

I’ve messaged my mate and asked whether they thought he was a midfielder or whether the one they were on about is someone else. Obviously the time means I won’t get a reply until at least later in the morning. I’m hoping it’s another player and we are very close to an actual midfielder.

Great signing either way and that’s definitely the defence sorted now. 
    Is the weather where you are warmer than the predictions for the UK this week?...or could you have saved a fortune by just going to Bognor instead?
    Nope, where I was it was in the 30’s every day when it seemed to have been raining or overcast here at times. Now I’m back home it’s in the 30’s again.

Just gone 12:30 and still no reply from my mate on the signing that they were on about. None the wiser if they meant another player or just named the wrong position. Not going to hassle them anymore, they’re busy and it’s probably best to just wait and see.

People will probably think it’s a load of crap, but it’s from a similar place as to where I’ve got previous information from, so I trust it.

At least we did sign Oshilaja and the defence is sorted. Hopefully that midfielder is on the way, if not today, maybe tomorrow.
  • Sponsored links:

and why would Whelan not be a starter? We know we have a small budget and I doubt we'd be able to afford Whelan but if we could he'd be a tremendous asset on the pitch, somewhere neither Jacko, Bowyer and maybe even Pratley and Pearce may not be.
    I don’t want to get into a entire debate about whether an ageing midfielder (who definitely isn’t signing for us) would start or not. Whether he plays or not is irrelevant to me, my point is that there’s better quality players out there for the money we would be offering Whelan. he’s not worth the wage out of our tiny budget just because he played in the prem once upon a time 

I don’t want to get into a entire debate about whether an ageing midfielder (who definitely isn’t signing for us) would start or not. Whether he plays or not is irrelevant to me, my point is that there’s better quality players out there for the money we would be offering Whelan. he’s not worth the wage out of our tiny budget just because he played in the prem once upon a time 
    He got promoted out of this division last season so he's still got a bit about him.
  • jac52 said:
    Glenn Whelan? I don’t think a 35 yo midfielder who’s on 30k+ a week will be what we need this year

He got promoted out of this division last season so he's still got a bit about him.
    Of course - still a good player. But it’s different playing for Aston Villa where they dominate every game and keep the ball. He’d have a much tougher time here and he’s a year older. Just not what we need right now in my humble opinion 
  • Any rumours ?

• markmc68 said:
    Any rumours ?

markmc68 said:
    Any rumours ?

Any Lyle Taylor wind ups?
  • A full season Red Henry?  Bow's initial interview seemed to suggest only to Xmas.
  • Redhenry said:
    Albies going on loan, a full season in League One will improve him.
    any news on when Oztumer will be confirmed?
  • Hope albie don’t go on loan until we have our loans through the door though.dont want to be left short like we normally are. 
  • If hes going out on loan to L1 or L2 then hasn't he got till the end of Aug to sort it?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2019
    A full season Red Henry?  Bow's initial interview seemed to suggest only to Xmas.

No idea how long. Just my view on it
  • tgarrat1 said:
    Redhenry said:
    Albies going on loan, a full season in League One will improve him.
    any news on when Oztumer will be confirmed?
    Don't know
  • Presumably once they've sorted out something with Albie it might be a mixed news day - he's out, Oztumer in.
  • https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/charlton-athletic-set-for-cash-boost/

Really poor reporting, not one mention that we probably won’t see the money because of the Rat...

Really poor reporting, not one mention that we probably won’t see the money because of the Rat...
    I know we are unlikely to see it but if we got £1.5m or so extra from Lookman I would love to see £1m of it go on Marquis.  Taylor is the better player but i think he is a better finisher and would be a great foil or plan B plus wages not likely to be out of kilter.  

I know we are unlikely to see it but if we got £1.5m or so extra from Lookman I would love to see £1m of it go on Marquis.  Taylor is the better player but i think he is a better finisher and would be a great foil or plan B plus wages not likely to be out of kilter.  
    As you say we are likely to see £0 of it, but if we did I would hope it was to get Cullen in on a permanent.
  • Using the money to buy Cullen would be exceptional business we can but hope
  • Would seem odd to sign a 3rd choice with Maynard-Brewer around, odd move for him too. 
  • Or to buy Bielik