Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• How many senior games has he played?
    Bugger. I've resisted looking at the video for 3 hours, but just gave in.
    He looks pure class & now I'm desperate that we sign him  :-(
  • Oshilaja has signed 
  • He’s been mentioned but more as a suggestion rather than an actual rumour.
  • RedChaser said:
    I can understand people's concern about Gallagher not having played senior football and quite rightly so but at some point he has to make that step up. Jay Dasilva also came from Chelsea with similar England youth pedigree, cut his teeth with us and proved to be a very good asset.

Bowyer and Gallen 's track record so far in the loan market with young prem players and developing them has been first class, so if Gallagher is good enough for them he'll be good enough for me.
    Yes and look where he ended up...... developed by Charlton sold by Chelsea. 
    That's the way the cookie crumbles though, although I would say he was developed by Chelsea, went to finishing school at Charlton and is now a fully fledged professional footballer, probably on a very decent wage at Bristol City. And longevity of career permitting he's unlikely to have to work as we know it, when he hangs his boots up ;) .
  • So when is oztumer signing then ??? 
  • edited July 2019
    FAVADDICK said:
    So when is oztumer signing then ??? 
    Imagine this has been dragged out what with the mess Bolton are in

Dont forget RedHenry has basically confirmed it which means its set in stone
  • He’s been mentioned but more as a suggestion rather than an actual rumour.
    Yeah I see that people mentioned him but not as rumour, come out of nowhere it seems.
  • CAFCsayer said:
    Mile Jedinak, Alan Hutton, Tommy Elphick, Albert Adomah, Ritchie De Laet, Mark Bunn and Micah Richards been released by Villa... Some good players there
    I'd completed forgot about Richards. Might be something to do with the fact that he hasn't kicked a football in anger for over 3 years. By all accounts at £35K per week.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2019
    How dare Cawley l take a break from pestering addicks on twitter at this time.
  • Really need a no nonsense centre half as well
    This 
    Could that be oshilaja from dons? 
    Good call
  • Really need a no nonsense centre half as well
    This 
    Could that be oshilaja from dons? 
    Top  sleuthing Rosie, I don't care what Elfs says about you  ;)
  • Is this the 3rd player from Gallen's 'block of 4'?
  • Is this the 3rd player from Gallen's 'block of 4'?
    Most likely with Oztumer being the fourth I'd have thought
  • Oztumer announced this week my guess then it’s the wait for the loans, DM, CM and ST.
  • CafcSCP said:
    Oshilaja has signed 
    So after playing for Luton the other day in a friendly he signs for Cafc without a squeak and its announced on a Monday evening.

Oztumer has signed for Cafc said the ITK but not a whisper on the official site.
  • Sponsored links:

• CafcSCP said:
    Oshilaja has signed 
    So after playing for Luton the other day in a friendly he signs for Cafc without a squeak and its announced on a Monday evening.

Oztumer has signed for Cafc said the ITK but not a whisper on the official site.
    I'd imagine it's a bit more complicated given his contract position at Bolton.
  • Wonder how long they were working on Oshilaja for. Perhaps didn’t expect him to chose us while being on trial with Luton. Last Tuesday Bowyer said:

"So, we need to get our priorities right which is a striker next, and that’s the one we’re going to be pushing for, and a midfielder to join him and then we will re-evaluate"

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5d2ddf1e869cf/bowyer-on-the-return-of-ben-amos-and-targeting-a-striker

After that we signed a midfielder in Williams, a defender in Oshilaja, Oztumer has apparently signed (another midfielder) and we’ve been linked with Gallagher (another midfielder).

Could the striker be the other young Arsenal player mentioned, Nelson?
  • Scoham said:
    Wonder how long they were working on Oshilaja for. Perhaps didn’t expect him to chose us while being on trial with Luton. Last Tuesday Bowyer said:

"So, we need to get our priorities right which is a striker next, and that’s the one we’re going to be pushing for, and a midfielder to join him and then we will re-evaluate"

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5d2ddf1e869cf/bowyer-on-the-return-of-ben-amos-and-targeting-a-striker

After that we signed a midfielder in Williams, a defender in Oshilaja, Oztumer has apparently signed (another midfielder) and we’ve been linked with Gallagher (another midfielder).

Nelson won’t be joining us, did well in the Bundesliga. 
  • In terms of pre season matches, it's strikers we really need! Playing Villa on Saturday we've bags of options for the back 4 (or 3 or 5) but bugger all up top
  • Scoham said:
    Wonder how long they were working on Oshilaja for. Perhaps didn’t expect him to chose us while being on trial with Luton. Last Tuesday Bowyer said:

Fair enough, didn’t realise. More likely to be someone lacking any first team experience.
  • Fairly sure Nelson will play a big part for Arsenal this year, fantastic player
  • edited July 2019
    Scoham said:
    Scoham said:

Fair enough, didn’t realise. More likely to be someone lacking any first team experience.
    Its probably unlikely we'd get him but i wouldn't rule it out purely on bundesliga grounds. Tammy Abraham did a year in the premier League and still dropped down to the championship to play.

Dunno if he was injured last season but he only played 19 games on loan so a full season at championship level isn't a terrible option at his age. Unless they flog him to palace to get zaha that is.
  • Gallagher would be an excellent signing. He's come on in leaps and bounds in recent years, so hopefully this season will be the one where he show's he can hack it in men's football. He's not got much experience but if played alongside midfielders who can coach him through the game we might get a lot out of him
    Yes he is a very good player, and one who I think will be wanted by quite a few clubs, but this is where the loan market is a farce..... the manager is saying Albie Morgan has to go out on loan to learn and meanwhile Charlton are rumoured to take a player with even less experience just because he’s from Chelsea. They play very similar positions so why develop someone else’s player with zero benefit? #limit the loans!
    But it's not zero benefit is it? Albie has a lot to work on and Bowyer evidently feels the Championship isn't the place for him to do it. I would agree; last season Albie started games well and then faded completely out of them by half time. He would be better off getting a loan to L1 or L2 and playing every week as opposed to being dominated in the Championship. If you throw a player in at the wrong level too soon you can kill their confidence. Just look at how long it took Grant to start to look like the player he could be, and it look a L2 loan for him to build that confidence up. Conversely Gallagher is a big strong player who was academy player of the season for a Chelsea team who regularly sweep up in the youth league. These are two players at different stages of development and talent, and the benefit we would get would be having a quality player help us survive in a league that we are currently ill-equipped for.

The loan market isn't a farce, it's literally our only hope of survival with our budget. Teams will lend us their high-potential players for free or a portion of their wages in the hopes that our excellent coaching set-up will benefit them. We're definitely not signing another five players permanently so clever use of the loan market is essential. If they limit the loans we're nutsacked.
    Well put - gallagher right now is a better option for us than Albie. Albie never played for England