Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• Anybody else seen the McCormack rumour? Now that would be exceptional. Don't believe we could afford him much like wheels.
  • edited July 2019
    Really need a no nonsense centre half as well
  • Really need a no nonsense centre half as well
    This 
  • Anybody else seen the McCormack rumour? Now that would be exceptional. Don't believe we could afford him much like wheels.
    The guy has done nothing for years, really cannot see LB wanting him.
    Doesn’t fit the bowyer type for me. He wants his experienced pros to be role models for the youngsters and McCormack certainly isn’t that. Over the last couple of years his record both on and off the pitch has been shocking and I would be hugely surprised if he was in Gallen and Bowyers thoughts. If he is though, then I trust them to make him a success.
  • Really need a no nonsense centre half as well
    This 
    Could that be oshilaja from dons? 
    Yes but who's wheels? Sheila's :wink:
  • Not sure I buy the McCormack rumour. He doesn't really fit the profile of thew other business Bowyer and Gallen have done in the last 12 to 18 months, i.e. potential with a point to prove. I'll admit I haven't been following McCormack's career closely but last I heard about him it struck me that he appeared to be a player who had peaked, lost some of his hunger and was heading in the wrong direction career wise. Not sure he's been the same since Fulham (?) forked out 11 million quid on him.
  • RedChaser said:
    Anybody else seen the McCormack rumour? Now that would be exceptional. Don't believe we could afford him much like wheels.
    Yes but who's wheels? Sheila's :wink:
    Yea auto corrected from Whelan
  • Let's wait and see shall we.

Think McCormack might have legs. Useful being a footballer.

Pretty confident Taylor has signed. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Gallagher would be an excellent signing. He's come on in leaps and bounds in recent years, so hopefully this season will be the one where he show's he can hack it in men's football. He's not got much experience but if played alongside midfielders who can coach him through the game we might get a lot out of him
  • For all the excitement about Oztumer, for a guy who hardly played for Bolton last season, how many of us have actually seen enough of him to justify this excitement. At championship level I haven’t a clue if he will be any good or not 
    We beat Walsall 3-1 and he was by far the best player on the pitch?
  • Gallagher would be an excellent signing. He's come on in leaps and bounds in recent years, so hopefully this season will be the one where he show's he can hack it in men's football. He's not got much experience but if played alongside midfielders who can coach him through the game we might get a lot out of him
    Yes he is a very good player, and one who I think will be wanted by quite a few clubs, but this is where the loan market is a farce..... the manager is saying Albie Morgan has to go out on loan to learn and meanwhile Charlton are rumoured to take a player with even less experience just because he’s from Chelsea. They play very similar positions so why develop someone else’s player with zero benefit? #limit the loans!
  • One Chelsea player whos contract was up 30-6-19 and been released Kyle Scott,midfield player will fit the bill for some club.
  • Good thing we never signed Tim Cahill all them years ago we’d of let loads of goals in from corners going by charlton life logic.
    Tim Cahill was 5ft 10" a giant compared to Williams 5'6" and Oztumer 5'3"

The point being made is if you had 5 players in your side at the same time who were under 5'8"

Barcelona had Messi, Iniesta and xavi, 3 little genius's but they had 8 good headers of the ball to play alongside them
    Barcelona never had to play against Tony Pulis type sides either!
    Yes he is a very good player, and one who I think will be wanted by quite a few clubs, but this is where the loan market is a farce..... the manager is saying Albie Morgan has to go out on loan to learn and meanwhile Charlton are rumoured to take a player with even less experience just because he’s from Chelsea. They play very similar positions so why develop someone else’s player with zero benefit? #limit the loans!
    Bowyer has said that Morgan needs to learn the defensive side of the game and is not ready for the championship, it is a fair and honest assessment from Bowyer and is doing what he feels is best to develop the players game. Scott Parker was loaned out to Norwich and came back a class act as he learnt the nasty side to the game.
    Chelsea are doing the self same thing by sending Gallagher to us. It’s the way that football works now, and I am sure both Morgan and Gallagher would prefer a loan move to get in the experience rather than playing under 23 football.
  • edited July 2019
    Gallagher would be an excellent signing. He's come on in leaps and bounds in recent years, so hopefully this season will be the one where he show's he can hack it in men's football. He's not got much experience but if played alongside midfielders who can coach him through the game we might get a lot out of him
    That's fair comment but I presume Albie can't be guaranteed the game time Bowyer want's him to have at a side where he will have to improve the defensive side of his game? Also I can't see that Albie has played for England at youth level. That doesn't mean to say that both players careers wont run in parallel in the future but at this point in time, the one out one in suits all parties and hopefully Albie returns as the finished article.

Reading between the lines when you post I suspect you may have a relative in our academy set up and can fully understand your line of thinking; I would probably be of the same opinion if that is of any comfort.
  • Sponsored links:

• Strange if we are going after Chelsea midfielders, Kasey Palmer wasn't in the frame. Too expensive?
  • CafcSCP said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Looks like Twitter were wrong, judging by Taylor’s latest tweet. 

New contract signed. 
    Or is he doing a Jonnie Williams on us with Bielik and Cullen back 😉 Not entirely clear this one.
    He has put a couple of emojis with mouth zipped if it was about him signing a new contract why keep it quiet?
    Probably cos information like that is supposed to be announced by the club! Gives them a chance to send out something positive amongst all the shit.
  • edited July 2019

😭

• Good thing we never signed Tim Cahill all them years ago we’d of let loads of goals in from corners going by charlton life logic.

The point being made is if you had 5 players in your side at the same time who were under 5'8"

Barcelona had Messi, Iniesta and xavi, 3 little genius's but they had 8 good headers of the ball to play alongside them
    Spanish football is full of cloggers, especially the lower teams in La Liga when they play against Barca and Real Madrid
  • Strange if we are going after Chelsea midfielders, Kasey Palmer wasn't in the frame. Too expensive?
    Was at Blackburn and Bristol City last season... Would say he'll go to a club much further up the table
  • Is Gallagher a midfielder? Looks it in that You Tube clip 
  • edited July 2019
    Valley11 said:
    Is Gallagher a midfielder? Looks it in that You Tube clip 
    Yes here you go; 

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/teams/academy/conor-gallagher
  • Valley11 said:
    Is Gallagher a midfielder? Looks it in that You Tube clip 
    Chelsea mate said this “mainly central midfield (sometimes in a deeper role) or occasionally right midfield. physically built well and seems strong, and scores every 4-6 ish games I believe.”
  • RedChaser said:
    I can understand people's concern about Gallagher not having played senior football and quite rightly so but at some point he has to make that step up. Jay Dasilva also came from Chelsea with similar England youth pedigree, cut his teeth with us and proved to be a very good asset.

Bowyer and Gallen 's track record so far in the loan market with young prem players and developing them has been first class, so if Gallagher is good enough for them he'll be good enough for me.
    Yes and look where he ended up...... developed by Charlton sold by Chelsea. 
  • sam3110 said:
    Good thing we never signed Tim Cahill all them years ago we’d of let loads of goals in from corners going by charlton life logic.

Spanish football is full of cloggers, especially the lower teams in La Liga when they play against Barca and Real Madrid
    I doubt there are many Spanish teams SO good in the air at set pieces though as some of the Pulis ones. Corners and long throws raining in...