Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• How many senior games has he played?
    As far as I can tell, zero.

Was on the bench for the Europa League final but didn’t make it on the pitch.
  • He’s played for Chelsea u23 in the Checkatrade. That’s the closest he’s got to senior football
  • I remember being excited when Scott Sinclair signed.....
  • How tall is he? 

Joking apart we do look a little short for my liking, we could do with a couple of bigger lads to come in over the next couple of weeks. 
  • Dijksteel and Purrington aren't the smallest full-backs in the world. Aneke would be a big CAM so I don't think it's that bad. 

If Morgan, Lapslie, Williams and Oztumer started in midfield that would be a different story. 
  • I think a loan to us - a club that loans do well at  - would suit all parties. I think the success of loans with us is a massive bargaining chip for Bowyer. Chelsea are more interested in getting a better player back than anything else.
  • Dijksteel and Purrington aren't the smallest full-backs in the world. Aneke would be a big CAM so I don't think it's that bad. 

If Morgan, Lapslie, Williams and Oztumer started in midfield that would be a different story. 
    Yeah I did mean the midfield more than anything else, Aneke apart it's a little on the short side I think. Hopefully Bieliks replacement is similar in build. 
  • Good thing we never signed Tim Cahill all them years ago we’d of let loads of goals in from corners going by charlton life logic.
  • RedChaser said:
    needs to ditch the silly gloves
    He can wear tights like Keith Weller used to if he can play as good in the Championship as he does in that clip  ;)
    as we know clips can be deceptive, even Izale McLeod and Nicky Ajose looked good in such clips.
    Absolutely, however he's also an England youth international and was part of the U17 World cup winning team in India. Our own Lee Bowyer was an England U18 international and made his debut aged 17, who better to learn from  ;).
  • Sponsored links:

• RedChaser said:
    RedChaser said:
    He can wear tights like Keith Weller used to if he can play as good in the Championship as he does in that clip  ;)
    as we know clips can be deceptive, even Izale McLeod and Nicky Ajose looked good in such clips.
    Absolutely, however he's also an England youth international and was part of the U17 World cup winning team in India. Our own Lee Bowyer was an England U18 international and made his debut aged 17, who better to learn from  ;).
    Gerrard  ? 
  • edited July 2019
    shine166 said:
    RedChaser said:
    RedChaser said:
    Gerrard  ? 
    Nah, you're...........

Image result for stone cold gif

;) 
  • edited July 2019
    Great news to hear

Could see it as Aneke being Aribo's replacement at present and Oztumer being an upgrade on Reeves

Bet Erhun will be bloody relieved its done and dusted after the hassle in January

Certainly be great to have both Williams and Oztumer too!!
  • Oztumer coming in explains why we are willing to let Albie go out on loan then 
    Not the same position.
  • edited July 2019
    Good thing we never signed Tim Cahill all them years ago we’d of let loads of goals in from corners going by charlton life logic.
    Tim Cahill was 5ft 10" a giant compared to Williams 5'6" and Oztumer 5'3"

The point being made is if you had 5 players in your side at the same time who were under 5'8"

Barcelona had Messi, Iniesta and xavi, 3 little genius's but they had 8 good headers of the ball to play alongside them
  • Redhenry said:
    Not new but Otzumer signing was confirmed to me earlier
    Can you confirm that the delay in announcing this signing is they are trying to find a small Cafc Scarfy ?
    I heard the children's kits haven't arrived yet
  • Good thing we never signed Tim Cahill all them years ago we’d of let loads of goals in from corners going by charlton life logic.
    Tim Cahill was 5ft 10" a giant compared to Williams 5'6" and Oztumer 5'3"

The point being made is if you had 5 players in your side at the same time who were under 5'8"

Barcelona had Messi, Iniesta and xavi, 3 little genius's but they had 8 good headers of the ball to play alongside them
    The point I’m making is height is irrelevant.  You can be average height, as you elude that Cahill is, and be one of the best in the air.
  • Just seen the Taylor tweet. Huge news. Buzzing. 
  • Sponsored links:

• J BLOCK said:
    Looks like Twitter were wrong, judging by Taylor’s latest tweet. 

New contract signed. 
    Or is he doing a Jonnie Williams on us with Bielik and Cullen back 😉 Not entirely clear this one.
  • Oztumer coming in explains why we are willing to let Albie go out on loan then 
    Not the same position.
    I would say it's a like for like, Oztumer is more of a dribbler type but ultimately I see them both as attacking mids or at least creative, Albie couldn't play in a 2 in midfield for instance, not from what I've seen anyway 
  • Good news if true and blows the "it'll be one of Williams or Oztumer" theory out the water.
  • Taylor has signed a new deal and the boy from Chelsea is a done deal.
  • Everyone trying to name a team or work out how each specific player is going to play in the team or what position, but we need a squad of players who are of quality, doesn’t mean Bowyer is going to try and fit everyone in, it’s about competition and keeping everyone on their toes. If they don’t do it, they’re out because someone else is just as good waiting on the bench or out the squad. That’s what Bowyer wants.

Anyway, am boarding my flight soon so that’s me done for today. Let’s relax and just enjoy and trust what they’re doing.
  • For all the excitement about Oztumer, for a guy who hardly played for Bolton last season, how many of us have actually seen enough of him to justify this excitement. At championship level I haven’t a clue if he will be any good or not 
  • For all the excitement about Oztumer, for a guy who hardly played for Bolton last season, how many of us have actually seen enough of him to justify this excitement. At championship level I haven’t a clue if he will be any good or not 
    Been highly rated at League One level for a while now

Deserved his step up to the Championship last season but shouldnt have been with Bolton

As it is he is still very unproven so could yet be a huge bust - Would like to think he's an upgrade in terms of Ben Reeves though so even if we are relegated we've got a couple of signings who could well stay and make us dangerous in League One, if that were the case (and we have new owners) then you'd hope that we could bounce back from Championship relegation this time better than our last two stints
  • Chelsea guy in source Facebook.
  • CafcSCP said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Looks like Twitter were wrong, judging by Taylor’s latest tweet. 

New contract signed. 
    Or is he doing a Jonnie Williams on us with Bielik and Cullen back 😉 Not entirely clear this one.
    He has put a couple of emojis with mouth zipped if it was about him signing a new contract why keep it quiet?