Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• Or to buy Bielik 
    Would cost a lot more than that!
  • Random. I suppose he came over and asked for a trial, but a 30 year old keeper is hardly what we need at the moment, or can afford as a 3rd choice!
  • Random. I suppose he came over and asked for a trial, but a 30 year old keeper is hardly what we need at the moment, or can afford as a 3rd choice!
    It might mean that Maynard-Brewer could also be heading out on loan, we've seen with Pope and Phillips how important it is for young keepers to go out and get games.
  • was a week or so ago but someone posted up a picture of a guy with gloves on at training and looked like this guy. A bit odd as we don't need another keeper unless one is leaving?
  • Remember Scott Parker being sent out on loan, did him no harm 
    He had Kinsella and Jensen ahead of him, plus Graham Stuart.  Plus he was scared of tackling anyone; the transformation was stunning but we don’t have quite the riches 
  • My prediction is still that we will finish bottom 6 but won’t be easy to beat and hopefully can scrape through. 
    In the circumstances, that would be a successful season.
  • edited July 2019
    That goalkeeper was the one I was told about by my pal aswell as him being the goalie in the cafc pictures on Twitter although he is no longer training with us 
  • edited July 2019
    He does look like the guy in the pic from last week. Perhaps he was an option had the Amos deal not materialised. 
  • FAVADDICK said:
    Maybe this is them ??
    Page 116. Hair matches.

We’ve since signed Amos so maybe no need for this fella?
  • Sponsored links:

• FAVADDICK said:
    Maybe this is them ??
    Page 116. Hair matches.

We’ve since signed Amos so maybe no need for this fella?
    That’s the one and yes he is no longer training at the club
  • He does look like the guy in the pic from last week. Perhaps he was an option had the Amos deal not materialised. 
    Maybe we just needed to make up the numbers in training. 
  • Maybe a connection in South African or an agent just made a recommendation.

A trial is just trial.

A trial is just trial.
    No, no Henry - you've been on Charlton Life long enough to know that a player on trial is a copper bottom guarantee they will be signed and guaranteed a starting spot in the first team, most likely at the expense of a popular academy product whose career will be utterly ruined by the slightest hint of competition for his place in the team..

A trial is just trial.
    No, no Henry - you've been on Charlton Life long enough to know that a player on trial is a copper bottom guarantee they will be signed and guaranteed a starting spot in the first team, most likely at the expense of a popular academy product whose career will be utterly ruined by the slightest hint of competition for his place in the team..
    I'm sorry, I forgot.
  • edited July 2019
    Using the money to buy Cullen would be exceptional business we can but hope
    Or to buy Bielik 
    I suspect Cullen and Bielik would both command a larger fee than £1.3m.

I also suspect neither of them would leave a Premier Club to go to a Championship club who's fortunes are unknown on a permanent transfer (regardless of how fond they were of their time playing at the Valley).

And I know that regardless of both of the above our transfer budget won't see a penny of the Lookman budget.

I think we now need to accept that seeing Cullen and Bielik in a Charlton shirt again is becoming more and more unlikely. Sorry to be that guy.
  • edited July 2019
    Using the money to buy Cullen would be exceptional business we can but hope
    Or to buy Bielik 

I also suspect neither of them would leave a Premier Club to go to a Championship club who's fortunes are unknown on a permanent transfer (regardless of how fond they were of their time playing at the Valley).

And I know that regardless of both of the above our transfer budget won't see a penny of the Lookman budget.

I think we now need to accept that seeing Cullen and Bielik in a Charlton shirt again is becoming more and more unlikely. Sorry to be that guy.
    Don’t want to “like” this but I have you bang on the money. 
  • Using the money to buy Cullen would be exceptional business we can but hope
    Or to buy Bielik 

Don’t want to “like” this but I have you bang on the money. 
    You don't have to.

I certainly don't like it.
  • Sponsored links:

• He does look like the guy in the pic from last week. Perhaps he was an option had the Amos deal not materialised. 
    Good call, where did you get your brains from ? :smile:
    Boris Johnson
    Good call, where did you get your brains from ? :smile:
    Adopted?
  • Using the money to buy Cullen would be exceptional business we can but hope
    Or to buy Bielik 

Might want to change your call name r@JollyRobin
  • How many times is Oztumer gonna be confirmed on here then to see him in Bolton gear ffs, what do people get out of claiming to be ITK when they’re clearly not 😂 
  • How many times is Oztumer gonna be confirmed on here then to see him in Bolton gear ffs, what do people get out of claiming to be ITK when they’re clearly not 😂 
    To be fair @RedHenry doesnt get much wrong so wouldnt write him off yet
  • Oztoumer playing for Bolton this evening ...
    To be fair @RedHenry doesnt get much wrong so wouldnt write him off yet
    Wasn’t including red hen to be fair he’s one of about one that I actually listen to.
  • I believe the issue with Oztumer is that in order to get his 5 months back pay - contractually he cannot walk out without jeopardising his position with the club and the administrator - I still believe the deal is done but not sure at one point he is able to leave 
  • I believe the issue with Oztumer is that in order to get his 5 months back pay - contractually he cannot walk out without jeopardising his position with the club and the administrator - I still believe the deal is done but not sure at one point he is able to leave 
    Don't doubt you - but that's a very strange position him playing tonight. What if he picks up a long term injury this eve