Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• RedChaser said:
    wmcf123 said:
    wmcf123 said:
    Our squad looks ready for L1.
    I think Phillips, Dijksteel, Sarr, Pearce, Purrington, Williams and Taylor would disagree seen as they pissed it last season.  

I really don’t think the squad looks too bad all considered just as long as these loanees can play we’ll be sweet.
    You saw Sarr 4 years ago ?
    When he was 21 with 4 years less football under his belt, yes I did whys that?
    He’s totally unproven in the championship, as is most of our squad.  It’s fair enough to say that the jury is out- I hope they all make it and we have a great season. 
    Yeah he’s unproven not disputing but you’d agree with me that he’s got a lot better since 15/16.
    You might just get a backhanded compliment if you're lucky, it's no secret that he's never been his number one fan ;)   
    Neither was I, you’ll see comments on here from a couple years back me calling him a donkey!
  • Valley11 said:
    Sorely lacking any genuine Championship experience
    The likes of Whelan and an experienced Championship striker are needed imo
    Unless the current players are hungry enough to give it a go.
  • RedChaser said:
    wmcf123 said:
    wmcf123 said:
    I think Phillips, Dijksteel, Sarr, Pearce, Purrington, Williams and Taylor would disagree seen as they pissed it last season.  

I really don’t think the squad looks too bad all considered just as long as these loanees can play we’ll be sweet.
    He’s totally unproven in the championship, as is most of our squad.  It’s fair enough to say that the jury is out- I hope they all make it and we have a great season. 
    Yeah he’s unproven not disputing but you’d agree with me that he’s got a lot better since 15/16.
    You might just get a backhanded compliment if you're lucky, it's no secret that he's never been his number one fan ;)   
    Neither was I, you’ll see comments on here from a couple years back me calling him a donkey!
    @Leuth and I never doubted his capabilities for one moment 😉.
  • Our squad looks ready for L1.

Championship is light years ahead of L1 - at present our squad doesn't look great to me. Obviously a few loanees might help.

I'm sure LB will get the best out of our players but we're asking a lot of players to step up. 

Championship is light years ahead of L1 - at present our squad doesn't look great to me. Obviously a few loanees might help.

I'm sure LB will get the best out of our players but we're asking a lot of players to step up. 
    I agree totally. I think the team spirit and genuine talent that Bowyer has will help our cause but unless the next group of signings who will mostly be loans are very talented and committed to the cause then staying up looks a very tall order. 
  • cafc_se7 said:
    Sorry Lee but you knew what you signed up for. I understand his frustration and I won’t be blaming him if we struggle this season but he can’t continually go on about it, ha knew the score. 
    You can’t knock him for trying, you should remember he has already made the rat budge in regards to his own contract (albeit probably not by a great amount)!?
    That should be done behind closed doors. Look I’m not defending Roland, we all know what he is but he took on the job and knew the situation. If Roland got anything from Konsa and is getting anything from Lookman he should be on at him but I’m not holding my breath. 

My wild guess theory is this is for show. I think Roland is backing LB, he clearly wanted him to stay and last season has caused a sea change and nobody’s noticed. I suspect for the outside world the story is there’s a limited pot of money available and LB has to stick to the budget, that way LB can say to other clubs and agents that’s all he can offer, take it or leave it. But my guess is for the right player or players something extra could be added to the transfer kitty if it looks like it’s a one-off special circumstance. I wouldn’t rule out a couple of ‘wtf’ signings that create  a bit of excitement just yet. Right, I now need to get out of the sun...
  • Vital Charlton, the same vital Charlton who claimed Oztumer has signed already despite appearing for Bolton the next day..

Claiming the player Sunderland beat us to signing was Marquis.

I get the lol’s now.
  • Vital Charlton, the same vital Charlton who claimed Oztumer has signed already despite appearing for Bolton the next day..

I get the lol’s now.
    I know we liked Marquis.

I suspect Roland would not have paid the required fee.
  • Surprised Marquis hasnt joined McCann @ Hull if he is the Striker

Him and Eaves up front for them might be a bit League One but would certainly give them a physical presence up front this season

I get the lol’s now.
    Didn’t Sunderland ‘beat us to signing’ will grigg last season ? 
  • Sponsored links:

I get the lol’s now.
    Didn’t Sunderland ‘beat us to signing’ will grigg last season ? 
    No, Sunderland spent millions on him, we would never be in for him at that price. 
  • Don’t want Marquis anyway. Bang average footballer who would struggle in the champ . Shite lid also 
  • wmcf123 said:
    wmcf123 said:

He was good from Christmas last year until it mattered . Jury out- hope he continues to prove me wrong 
  • Vital Charlton, who on Monday said Oztumer is “100% signing this week”.

Now said he’s turned down an 8k contract.
    WIOTOS
  • As a starting point, we have to be stronger this season than last season. This is not currently the case - largely due to the midfield. The loans Bowyer can bring in will be vital to how we eventually do. I would say defensively we are no weaker, possibly a bit stronger overall and up front we a a little stronger, but could do with another player of teh right quality. But ultimately our season is all about midfield.
  • As a starting point, we have to be stronger this season than last season. This is not currently the case - largely due to the midfield. The loans Bowyer can bring in will be vital to how we eventually do. I would say defensively we are no weaker, possibly a bit stronger overall and up front we a a little stronger, but could do with another player of teh right quality. But ultimately our season is all about midfield.
    Agreed, especially if he goes with the diamond midfield in games.
  • cafc_se7 said:
    Sorry Lee but you knew what you signed up for. I understand his frustration and I won’t be blaming him if we struggle this season but he can’t continually go on about it, ha knew the score. 
    You can’t knock him for trying, you should remember he has already made the rat budge in regards to his own contract (albeit probably not by a great amount)!?
    That should be done behind closed doors. Look I’m not defending Roland, we all know what he is but he took on the job and knew the situation. If Roland got anything from Konsa and is getting anything from Lookman he should be on at him but I’m not holding my breath. 

My wild guess theory is this is for show. I think Roland is backing LB, he clearly wanted him to stay and last season has caused a sea change and nobody’s noticed. I suspect for the outside world the story is there’s a limited pot of money available and LB has to stick to the budget, that way LB can say to other clubs and agents that’s all he can offer, take it or leave it. But my guess is for the right player or players something extra could be added to the transfer kitty if it looks like it’s a one-off special circumstance. I wouldn’t rule out a couple of ‘wtf’ signings that create  a bit of excitement just yet. Right, I now need to get out of the sun...
    Yeah you do because that’s a load of bollocks. 

The story is there’s a limited pot because that’s true. We will sign a maximum of 2 more permanently, both on frees and then 4/5 loans. Even then we may be out of the running if other clubs pay a larger % of their wages. 
  • Sponsored links:

• 303 appearances, 110 goals, so a goal every 2.754 games, 26 years old, 5'10", would have been a pretty decent signing IMO
  • I wouldn't believe a word that vital Charlton says 1 minute it's a done deal with oztumer next day hes turned down 8k a week then he said its marquis joining Sunderland buys it's not the fella just guesses when redhenry says something that's when to believe it 
  • McNulty was quality at Coventry, albeit while they were in League Two.
  • There's been a couple of young Prem players going out on loan to the Championship today so we might be about to start seeing some movement. 
  • There's been a couple of young Prem players going out on loan to the Championship today so we might be about to start seeing some movement. 
    I think we might see the Chelsea kid today that's only a guess as bows said in a interview in the next couple of days 
    No way are we currently stronger up front although that definitely can’t be the case in a couple of weeks time. 
  • LouisMend said:
    Just a sweaty wanting to live closer to home!

Didn't want him anyway!

Pissed it? We were 3rd!

If we finish behind Luton and Barnsley this season we will almost certainly be relegated.
  • Bielik wasn't even in the squad for Arsenal versus Real. And when i say "squad" it was something like 22 players, and even included Carl Jenkinson.

Anyone have any (informed) idea why not? Injury?