Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• Arsenal mate says no chance Bielek will stay. Is it fantasy to think he'll come back? Unlikely to do a better deal this season imo.
  • Parker was Gallen's choice. Despite playing most of his senior career as a midfielder, SG remembered him as a decent teenage striker at QPR. Interesting to see where Gills play him. He was certainly growing into the target man role after a slow start.
    I don't think gills have resigned him
  • McNulty would clearly rather be a big fish in a small pond. Not the sort of personality we would need in the dressing room this season.

We beat them to Lyle last summer. I know exactly which of the two I’d prefer. :-)
    His record doesn’t look really superb and reading seem keen to let him go. That said, if bowyer wanted him then he must have been decent. Shame. 
    What about Parker, he wasn’t decent. Bowyer will make mistakes and with the budget it’s to be expected. 
    Bowyer didn’t really want Parker though did he? He just needed to get someone through the door and Parker was probably the best of a bad bunch. That being said, Parker was instrumental to our play off campaign, and despite not scoring, I thought he was one of our better players.
    He played ok but instrumental is a bit far. 

I agree he was probably Gallens choice but who says McNulty wasn’t? Just saying we ended up Parker because we had little alternative and this season will be the same. 
  • Parker was Gallen's choice. Despite playing most of his senior career as a midfielder, SG remembered him as a decent teenage striker at QPR. Interesting to see where Gills play him. He was certainly growing into the target man role after a slow start.
    I don't think gills have resigned him
    Darn false news again. Boris gets everywhere.
  • McNulty would clearly rather be a big fish in a small pond. Not the sort of personality we would need in the dressing room this season.

We beat them to Lyle last summer. I know exactly which of the two I’d prefer. :-)
    His record doesn’t look really superb and reading seem keen to let him go. That said, if bowyer wanted him then he must have been decent. Shame. 
    What about Parker, he wasn’t decent. Bowyer will make mistakes and with the budget it’s to be expected. 
    Bowyer didn’t really want Parker though did he? He just needed to get someone through the door and Parker was probably the best of a bad bunch. That being said, Parker was instrumental to our play off campaign, and despite not scoring, I thought he was one of our better players.

I agree he was probably Gallens choice but who says McNulty wasn’t? Just saying we ended up Parker because we had little alternative and this season will be the same. 
    He was very instrumental in the Play off games, especially the final, put in a real shift all 3 PO games, won the free kick from nothing in the 93rd minute.

Not good enough but we certainly needed him in that window as we had no other options.
    He run around which I give him credit for but he lacked quality. We could have got Mo Farah to do similar. 
  • Arsenal mate says no chance Bielek will stay. Is it fantasy to think he'll come back? Unlikely to do a better deal this season imo.
    He’s spent the day liking messages from Charlton fans saying things like come back etc.

Proof it’s a done deal if you ask me.  :D:#
  • Bielik could easily be POTY if he returns

He was very instrumental in the Play off games, especially the final, put in a real shift all 3 PO games, won the free kick from nothing in the 93rd minute.

Not good enough but we certainly needed him in that window as we had no other options.
    He run around which I give him credit for but he lacked quality. We could have got Mo Farah to do similar. 
    Oh yeah, and Im sure if we had a bigger budget we could have got better quality, but we didnt.
  • Sponsored links:

Oh yeah, and Im sure if we had a bigger budget we could have got better quality, but we didnt.
    Exactly my point...
  • wmcf123 said:
    My Reading supporting mate says McNulty is poor. He knows his football- good enough for me 
    I hadn't realised that the McNulty deal was only a loan anyway, so unless it came down to Sunderland paying a higher percentage of his wages than us, the player chose Sunderland for non financial reasons
  • IR94 said:
    If we missed out on marc mcnulty, shows how desperate we are
    I agree , good player but a league one striker at best!!
  • edited July 2019
    So we went up to the Championship with a championship quality squad and find ourselves with a league one/two quality squad!!! Thanks Roland!!!!!!!!!! 
    Still spreading that myth @harveys_gardener...

https://www.gillinghamfootballclub.com/news/2017/january/josh-parker-signs-for-the-gills/

"Forward becomes the Gills' second signing of the January transfer window"

From Josh himself:

"I love playing as a striker, but I know in football that managers like to use players across the pitch, so I'm ready to do a job for the club wherever and whenever I'm needed."

Aberdeen manager Derek McInnes on signing him:

"He has good flexibility but he has real pace and will give us an added dimension up front," said Dons manager Derek McInnes.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/34002607
  • So I have spent the last 24 hours down on Lydd Ranges, fighting a large scrub land fire. The only highlight of which was meeting a few Gurkhas, so much respect for them. Back home and check CL, over a hundred new posts on this thread and I can't help but get excited (I mean if it were the takeover thread I would expect to not be glad I caught up on the missed posts). This must mean we are about to unveil someone good.

Oh well, back to applying the after sun.
  • Redrobo said:
    Josh McEachran who has been on trial with Sheffield Wednesday is no longer wanted. DMF who has good Championship experience. Could be worth a punt.
    Any idea why Brentford let him go?
  • Conspiracy theory: when Deji signed, he had the hashtag #DO4, although yesterday he wasn’t number 4, are we leaving this spare for Bielik?

i know squad numbers haven’t been released yet, although they have been consistent!

just a hunch 
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:
    Redrobo said:
    Josh McEachran who has been on trial with Sheffield Wednesday is no longer wanted. DMF who has good Championship experience. Could be worth a punt.
    Out of contract and was not in their squad from April onwards. No idea why.
  • Scoham said:
    Redrobo said:
    Think they want to push for play offs and don’t see him as good enough for that.

If the wages are right and he’s ready for a relegation scrap then I would sign him up. Think those might be big ifs though...

Parker was the free cover in case the deal we were going for fell through. It did fall through and despite his limitations, he played a key part in our promotion. Watch the closing stages of Wembley and if you don't get it, keep watching it until you do. In the context of why he was signed, I think it was a bloody spectacular signing. Parker deserves our gratitude. I'm not going to argue he was a great player, but he made a difference. We ought to be a bit more appreciative IMO.
    Given his limitations, the fact he gave 100% even though he knew the final would probably be his final game I genuinely agree and said so at the time. 

But he had a couple of decent games and overall was a failure, proven by the fact he failed to score (and he had plenty of decent chances. Spectacular signing? Absolute rubbish 
  • http://www.ntfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10425~2170648,00.html

PARKER BACK AT QPR

Posted on: Mon 25 Oct 2010

Winger Josh Parker has returned to Queen's Park Rangers a week before his loan spell was due to expire.

"Josh has gone back a week early," confirmed boss Ian Sampson.

"He was not happy when we told him he would not be in the starting XI for the game at Oxford at the weekend. He asked to go back and we agreed that was the best course of action."

Parker was set to miss the Carling Cup game at Ipswich on Tuesday as he was cup tied.

Gillingham winger Josh Parker has signed a two-year contract extension to stay with the club until 2019.

• http://www.ntfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10425~2170648,00.html

PARKER BACK AT QPR

Posted on: Mon 25 Oct 2010

Winger Josh Parker has returned to Queen's Park Rangers a week before his loan spell was due to expire.

"Josh has gone back a week early," confirmed boss Ian Sampson.

"He was not happy when we told him he would not be in the starting XI for the game at Oxford at the weekend. He asked to go back and we agreed that was the best course of action."

Parker was set to miss the Carling Cup game at Ipswich on Tuesday as he was cup tied.

Gillingham winger Josh Parker has signed a two-year contract extension to stay with the club until 2019.

I'm not denying Gillingham played him on the wing, but Parker himself said he loves playing as striker.

He's not a midfielder that's never played anywhere else that we decided to stick up front. He's a player that sees himself as a striker but has also been used out wide.
  • Would love to see us go in for Danny Williams, has exactly the sort of engine we need in midfield.

25 games in the last two years at Huddersfield, before that 135 games in four years at Reading.
    Got a big tackle in him too ;)
  • OK Scoham can we agree he was able to play several positions but was a winger for Gills.