Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• Parker played his part. Turns out to be a great signing due to Igor's injury woes and nothing else. Would he have played those vital games if not? ... NO! SG got the best he could muster given Roly's severe case of knobheadery in January and LB made him contribute 3 times more than his ability allowed. GENIUS
    Exactly. 
  • Is it a rumour that Parker’s coming back or something then?
  • It wouldn't be a great signing, bringing him back :) But you have to look at it in the context of when and why it was done. I would say a lot of managers might not have bothered. This is why we have something a bit special in Bowyer, JJ and Gallen. With a terrible owner, it is probably our only edge!
  • An old face will re-sign this week. I saw it in a dream... It's not who you expect.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    An old face will re-sign this week. I saw it in a dream... It's not who you expect.
    & now you won't believe us....
  • Surely Kevin Lisbie is the only old face still playing!
  • Callum Harriot, are we so skint and devoid of a scouting system we look at the possibility of another ex player coming in?

Ffs, I'm surprised Johnson was not in the frame once (Sir) Bauer left.
  • edited July 2019
    Josh McEachran hails from Campbeltown, Mull of Kintyre. Or at least his grandfather does. A natural for the Addicks with the VFR links. Go get him, Bow.
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:
    Redrobo said:
    Josh McEachran who has been on trial with Sheffield Wednesday is no longer wanted. DMF who has good Championship experience. Could be worth a punt.
    Any idea why Brentford let him go?
    He has a poor attitude apparently. Chelsea thought he was going to be the next big thing but he just wouldn’t put the work in to develop and that’s been the story of his career. Always struggled to stay in one place too long and never really quite trusted to be essential to a team. Definitely good enough for us though 
  • Is JMcE really in the frame?
  • What is watt up to these days. If anyone can kick him into shape it’s Bowyer
    Uber driver up in Glasgow.
  • Is it a rumour that Parker’s coming back or something then?
    Don't have the budget for him this season
    Not too sure about that to be completely honest. Remember Bowyer saying at Bromley Addicks that Watt is the only striker he has ever known who isn’t interested in scoring goals. If that original desire isn’t there, I don’t know if Bowyer could even pull something out. Tony Watt is an anomaly.
  • edited July 2019
    In terms of midfielders. I think we need at least one who has played at this level before. 

McEacran would excite me. He might be up for Bowyer revitalising his career. 

Other names are Derby's Jacob Butterfield (currently on trail at Luton), Forest's Liam Bridcutt or Ben Watson.Robert Lee's son Olly is available from Hearts  

It also is not a question of Bielik and Cullen returning but finding the next gem. Maybe that is Connor Gallagher. 
  • Is JMcE really in the frame?
    No, I just mentioned that he was on trial at Sheffield Wednesday (after being released by Brentford), and that they let him go So is available on a free.
  • Sponsored links:

• Not sure if we could afford him but Steven Naismith has been on loan at Hearts from Norwich city for the last couple of seasons and now released by Norwich.
    Hearts were keen to sign him on a permanent but not sure it happened.
    Very nice bloke and good footballer. 
  • There are plenty of half decent players available but LB appears to have little or no budget. Difficult times...
  • Tom Adeyemi is another possible.
  • Parker was like a poor man's Emile Heskey for me - never going to be a prolific goalscorer but added to our forward threat. I'd have him back as a squad player if that's all we can afford.

Surely not?

If we would even consider Parker squad player for the Championship then we are fucked.

He did well for us in the time we needed him yes, granted but no way is he anywhere near championship level.