Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• Parker was good enough at the tail end of the season and stepped up when we needed him against Doncaster and Sunderland. Particularly against Sunderland, where we really needed a player to hold the ball up at their end of the pitch, stretch the backline and win free kicks. L1 was definitely his upper limit though. I don't see him being anywhere near as effective as a target man against higher level defences and I think he would be completely dominated in the Championship. You can just about get away with a non-scoring striker if he affects the play positively in the final third, but if that goes too then he's got nothing.
  • RUMOURS- Fek Parker, he is not coming back, he isn't good enough..... played his part but move on!
  • Parker was like a poor man's Emile Heskey for me - never going to be a prolific goalscorer but added to our forward threat. I'd have him back as a squad player if that's all we can afford.

Surely not?

If we would even consider Parker squad player for the Championship then we are fucked.

He did well for us in the time we needed him yes, granted but no way is he anywhere near championship level.
    If we need squad players and we have no budget then our options will be limited. I'm certainly not advocating Parker but if we have no other options.
  • Parker was like a poor man's Emile Heskey for me - never going to be a prolific goalscorer but added to our forward threat. I'd have him back as a squad player if that's all we can afford.

Surely not?

If we would even consider Parker squad player for the Championship then we are fucked.

He did well for us in the time we needed him yes, granted but no way is he anywhere near championship level.
    If we need squad players and we have no budget then our options will be limited. I'm certainly not advocating Parker but if we have no other options.
    If we have no other options then I'd prefer to see some of the academy players run around a lot.
  • jac52 said:
    Parker was like a poor man's Emile Heskey for me - never going to be a prolific goalscorer but added to our forward threat. I'd have him back as a squad player if that's all we can afford.

Surely not?

If we have no other options then I'd prefer to see some of the academy players run around a lot.
    But then we dont want to damage them by throwing them in too early as we'd just set back their development; Joe Pigott and Karlan Grant should be clear warnings of doing that
  • Is Danny Wagstaff or Scott Green available?
  • Mark Marshall joining gills today apparently! Gills are shaping up well for the new season.
  • Magennis is proper baggy.
  • Sponsored links:

• Mark Marshall joining gills today apparently! Gills are shaping up well for the new season.
    Same can't be said for their manager 
    Not true if that shape is extremely round!!
  • PopIcon said:
    Magennis is proper baggy.
    Be nice to see him back in the Water Lily in Strood on a Saturday evening ordering his buffet for 2.
  • edited July 2019
    Dijksteel bid by Middlesbrough turned downed is being rumored
  • Twitter mentioned signing before 4pm today, has anyone heard of who this is? sorry cant link it as on work computer (saw on my phone)
  • edited July 2019
  • Twitter mentioned signing before 4pm today, has anyone heard of who this is? sorry cant link it as on work computer (saw on my phone)
    Which account? I can’t find it.
  • Dijksteel bid by Middlesbrough turned downed is being rumored
    Uhmm, wouldn't surprise me if he actually went though as Bowyer said last month that he doesn't want to get into an Aribo situation again and with Dijksteel only having a year left and not yet having signed an extension I think he'll go.
  • Might be bowyer hunted he might sell him if he doesn’t sign new contract 
  • Hinted bloody phone 
  • Sponsored links:

• I’d take any money we can get for Dijksteel and put it back into the team - but I know Bowyer probably wouldn’t see any of it
  • Would be far from ideal having to replace Dijksteel in the next two weeks, we need the loan spots just to get us enough midfielders and strikers.
  • I'd heard Boro were in for someone else a few weeks back. Might have been Chinese whispers at the time (no offence intended)
    If AD wants to go then no point being here.
  • That Brendan kids dine well though 
  • If we sold Dijksteel and then used the money to get Bielik or Cullen I’d be happy. Sorry it’s sun I know it’ll go in Roland’s back pocket. 
  • If we sold Dijksteel and then used the money to get Bielik or Cullen I’d be happy. Sorry it’s sun I know it’ll go in Roland’s back pocket. 

100% - at the moment we don't have a team - Dijksteel improved  lot last year but him being there next year as opposed to the quality of the next 5/6 incoming players is irrelevant - particularly with the number of defenders we are accumulating. Still concerned our new central defenders don't appear to be out and out attack the ball in the air merchants but lets see once the jigsaw is complete. Not looking good right now but may all look different after the next few weeks. Fingers crossed.   
  • The “we can use to cash to get so and so” feature is not available under this regime, for those who haven’t realised yet, thus making it an absolute travesty when we sell or lose for free our best players.  There is nothing positive, unless of course it makes him more likely to sell up.
  • edited July 2019
    Scoham said:
    Twitter mentioned signing before 4pm today, has anyone heard of who this is? sorry cant link it as on work computer (saw on my phone)
    Which account? I can’t find it.

I am sorry mate, I now cant find it now that its been refreshed... basically it said signing today (nothing more),  responses one said' tell us more' response from person who tweeted was 'before 4pm'. Have no clue on reliability but looked pretty genuine, will see if It pops up again or I can find it
  • Sky Sports reporting the Dijksteel news now too.