Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• Take out Morgan (supposedly going on loan), Ashley M-B (3rd choice keeper), Page (always injured), Harriott (not even our player yet), plus the bunch of kids like Odoh, Quitirna etc that we've been using to make up numbers, then yes it is a very weak squad.
  • Take out Morgan (supposedly going on loan), Ashley M-B (3rd choice keeper), Page (always injured), Harriott (not even our player yet), plus the bunch of kids like Odoh, Quitirna etc that we've been using to make up numbers, then yes it is a very weak squad.
    We are still 5 short but numbers wise will probably only be 1 short. Huge reliance on the quality of the midfielders who come in though. 
    We are still 5 short but numbers wise will probably only be 1 short. Huge reliance on the quality of the midfielders who come in though. 
    And strikers. We really need two, but I expect we’ll end up trying to get by with one more.
  • My Reading supporting mate says McNulty is poor. He knows his football- good enough for me 

• Weird that Morgan has played the most minutes given that he’s supposed to be going out on loan
    Not really. Maybe interested clubs have asked to see him play. Or perhaps Bowyer wants to give him a last chance to change his (Bowyer's) mind.

(I hope Dazzler 21 does not see this. I have abused the quote functionality again.)
  • Kyle Lafferty has been released by rangers? If we can afford his wages surely worth a punt??
  • Also would probably be the biggest wanker who's ever played for us, and we've had Hasselbaink
  • Leuth said:
    Also would probably be the biggest wanker who's ever played for us, and we've had Hasselbaink

We've had one wanker from the green side of the city, why not balance it up & have one from the blue side.
  • Tony Watt is a lovely man and I won't hear a word against him!
  • Sponsored links:

• Leuth said:
    Also would probably be the biggest wanker who's ever played for us, and we've had Hasselbaink
    https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/86268/danny-mills-twat#latest
  • Leuth said:

We've had one wanker from the green side of the city, why not balance it up & have one from the blue side.
    Harsh to call Watt a wanker.

Don't get the constant attacks he gets from our fanbase. It almost cringe-worthy at times. He clearly has to settling in issues and that shows wherever he has been and to be honest I think it comes down to his mental stability which the lad might not be able to help.

But suppose yes, because he left us and didn't really kick off after the shit show we were when he was here..must be a wanker on that basis
    Yup.....on that basis he was.
  • Leuth said:

Harsh to call Watt a wanker.

Don't get the constant attacks he gets from our fanbase. It almost cringe-worthy at times. He clearly has to settling in issues and that shows wherever he has been and to be honest I think it comes down to his mental stability which the lad might not be able to help.

But suppose yes, because he left us and didn't really kick off after the shit show we were when he was here..must be a wanker on that basis
    He was shit .  Ben Thatcher trumps Mills, IMO
  • RedChaser said:
    RedChaser said:
    Redrobo said:
    Glad he is staying fit and getting minutes in those little legs.
    I wonder if he has to take twice as many steps as someone tall like Nabby  :open_mouth:
    You should know all about that mate.
    True I always seem to have to wait for you to catch me up 😉.
    You were sadly lagging behind in that boozer up at Accrington.
  • Harriott clearly has pace and skill,if Bowyer can sort his decision making out he could be quite useful.
  • edited July 2019
    I used to think it could be improved but fear it is too late for that now. I you stumble on one of his rare good games you might be forgiven for thinking there is a bit of a player there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Harriott clearly has pace and skill,if Bowyer can sort his decision making out he could be quite useful.
    Looked good last night. If he kept that up I'd have no problem signing him up.
  • McNulty would clearly rather be a big fish in a small pond. Not the sort of personality we would need in the dressing room this season.

We beat them to Lyle last summer. I know exactly which of the two I’d prefer. :-)
  • edited July 2019
    JoshAddick said:

Weird that Morgan has played the most minutes given that he’s supposed to be going out on loan
    Not really. Maybe interested clubs have asked to see him play. Or perhaps Bowyer wants to give him a last chance to change his (Bowyer's) mind.

(I hope Dazzler 21 does not see this. I have abused the quote functionality again.)
    Stahp this... My OCD means I have to tweak it until it works... As above.

Doesn't help that autocorrected text if the first word is corrected drags your comment into the bloody quoted text these days... Seriously.
  • Kyle lafferty has just been released by rangers
  • CAFCDAZ said:
    Kyle lafferty has just been released by rangers
    No.
    Just no 
  • Unless huge mitigating reasons (and i don't mean money) then any time a player chooses a club in a lower league above us then for me, they are not the character you wanted anyway.  If we are fighting this season we want players who are keen to improve and progress in their careers.
  • McNulty would clearly rather be a big fish in a small pond. Not the sort of personality we would need in the dressing room this season.

We beat them to Lyle last summer. I know exactly which of the two I’d prefer. :-)
    His record doesn’t look really superb and reading seem keen to let him go. That said, if bowyer wanted him then he must have been decent. Shame. 

His record doesn’t look really superb and reading seem keen to let him go. That said, if bowyer wanted him then he must have been decent. Shame. 
    What about Parker, he wasn’t decent. Bowyer will make mistakes and with the budget it’s to be expected.