Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• McNulty was quality at Coventry, albeit while they were in League Two.
    Yeah I'd have had faith in Bowyer signing him but he's not a name thats leaving me too disappointed

Hasnt really done it above League Two, with a bit of an Ajose type scoring record
  • Bielik wasn't even in the squad for Arsenal versus Real. And when i say "squad" it was something like 22 players, and even included Carl Jenkinson.

Anyone have any (informed) idea why not? Injury?
    He got an extended holiday due to the under 21 Euro's so didn't go on their tour.
  • edited July 2019
    Our squad looks ready for L1.
    I think Phillips, Dijksteel, Sarr, Pearce, Purrington, Williams and Taylor would disagree seen as they pissed it last season.  

I really don’t think the squad looks too bad all considered just as long as these loanees can play we’ll be sweet.
    Pissed it? We were 3rd!

If we finish behind Luton and Barnsley this season we will almost certainly be relegated.
    We got 88 points and beat the team with the biggest league one budget ever in the play off final, if that doesn’t warrant a step up for those players I mentioned I don’t know what does.
  • edited July 2019
    Those that decide to go easy on Roland are delusional. How much evidence do you need FFS! Having said that, through good luck, we have an excellent manager and whilst he would probably take us up again with some decent support, he has the capability to see us ok - even if it is going to be tough. What he achieved last season was tough too!

I am resigned to a poor start, but hopefully he can get the quality of loan required and steady the ship reasonably soon into the season.
  • McNulty was quality at Coventry, albeit while they were in League Two.
    Yeah I'd have had faith in Bowyer signing him but he's not a name thats leaving me too disappointed

Hasnt really done it above League Two, with a bit of an Ajose type scoring record
    I watched a few Hibs games last season in which he didn't score a single goal but wasted quite a few chances including a couple of very easy ones. So if he's exactly the player that we got beaten to sign by Sunderland, I won't be disappointed really.
  • Genuine question... Is Oztumer any better than Callum Harriott?  could that be the delay in the (potential) signing. 

Harriott has only really played in the Championship and has a pretty average scoring record.  Oztumer has had 2 good years in league 1 following some good performances at non-league level.  He didn't get much game time for a poor Bolton side in the Championship in his only year at that level.  I don't know how Harriott got on at Reading, was his playing time limited due to ability or injury?  

I'm not overly excited by either of them (at Championship level) but would probably favour Harriott based on experience at the level.

• If we missed out on marc mcnulty, shows how desperate we are
  • Jessie said:
    McNulty was quality at Coventry, albeit while they were in League Two.

I watched a few Hibs games last season in which he didn't score a single goal but wasted quite a few chances including a couple of very easy ones. So if he's exactly the player that we got beaten to sign by Sunderland, I won't be disappointed really.
    Are you not worried then that he is the sort of player that we are trying to sign, and not even as a last minute panic buy?
  • Chrispy51 said:
    Genuine question... Is Oztumer any better than Callum Harriott?  could that be the delay in the (potential) signing. 

Harriott has only really played in the Championship and has a pretty average scoring record.  Oztumer has had 2 good years in league 1 following some good performances at non-league level.  He didn't get much game time for a poor Bolton side in the Championship in his only year at that level.  I don't know how Harriott got on at Reading, was his playing time limited due to ability or injury?  

I'm not overly excited by either of them (at Championship level) but would probably favour Harriott based on experience at the level.

He couldn't be any worse!
  • Sponsored links:

• Chrispy51 said:
    Genuine question... Is Oztumer any better than Callum Harriott?  could that be the delay in the (potential) signing. 

Completely different players... Oztumer is the sort who can pick a pass and should be able to create chances

Harriott is the type who should be on the other end of that sort of pass (yet needs to be sharper)
  • Don’t think we’d have been able to afford the fee forMarquis. I doubt it was him
  • If true and he rejected us. It would 100% be to do with the stick he has got from us which I am not overly bothered about.

Thing is wouldn't he command a fee? How would we have got as far as him rejecting us?
  • I thought it was already revealed to have been McNulty
  • Can't see it personally, Donny would surely want at least a mill for him possibly more. 
  • If true and he rejected us. It would 100% be to do with the stick he has got from us which I am not overly bothered about.

Thing is wouldn't he command a fee? How would we have got as far as him rejecting us?
    LOL wot? He wouldn't come and play at a level he has not played at for 5 years, near to where he was born, because some football fans jeered him? 

I very much doubt that.
  • Ha ! Read as far as Josh M... and stopped lol 
  • shine166 said:
    Ha ! Read as far as Josh M... and stopped lol 
    There is no mention of Josh in the article.
    John Marquis is the name put forward.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2019
    If true and he rejected us. It would 100% be to do with the stick he has got from us which I am not overly bothered about.

LOL wot? He wouldn't come and play at a level he has not played at for 5 years, near to where he was born, because some football fans jeered him? 

I very much doubt that.
    what*

Maybe poorly worded actually. One of the main reasons why we would have rejected us*

Are you telling me if you got offered 5-7K PW by a club you got absolute pelters from abused on the pitch during celebrations, generally known you weren't liked, A good chance they will be relegated next season there and let's not forget, the circus around our club atm.

VS

A team where you wouldn't need to drastically relocate (Vs a move down south) offered 8-10K pw, more than likely guaranteed to be a starter, Very good chance of promotion with 1 season and once they do get promoted, backed in further in the championship and never had abused that he got here?

I know what I would do if I was him, I'd take slightly more money, sign for a club I didn't get so much stick from and see If we are in the same league or swapped leagues in a years time.
  • edited July 2019
    cafc_se7 said:
    Sorry Lee but you knew what you signed up for. I understand his frustration and I won’t be blaming him if we struggle this season but he can’t continually go on about it, ha knew the score. 
    You can’t knock him for trying, you should remember he has already made the rat budge in regards to his own contract (albeit probably not by a great amount)!?
    That should be done behind closed doors. Look I’m not defending Roland, we all know what he is but he took on the job and knew the situation. If Roland got anything from Konsa and is getting anything from Lookman he should be on at him but I’m not holding my breath. 

My wild guess theory is this is for show. I think Roland is backing LB, he clearly wanted him to stay and last season has caused a sea change and nobody’s noticed. I suspect for the outside world the story is there’s a limited pot of money available and LB has to stick to the budget, that way LB can say to other clubs and agents that’s all he can offer, take it or leave it. But my guess is for the right player or players something extra could be added to the transfer kitty if it looks like it’s a one-off special circumstance. I wouldn’t rule out a couple of ‘wtf’ signings that create  a bit of excitement just yet. Right, I now need to get out of the sun...
    Seriously?

When Bowyer was asked last week if he would see any of the Lookman sell on money, he laughed.

Some people have even said we've got a smaller budget this year than we had last year, but not sure how true that is.

We lost our main centre back because we wouldn't offer him a couple of grand a week extra. We lost Aribo because our owner was too tight to give him a decent offer last summer.

And now we're a championship side shopping around for league one free transfers. 

What part of any of this would you suggest is Roland backing the manager?
    And if LB had said ‘yes, RD has said I can have all that Lookman money’ roughly how much do you think the fee for the next player he enquires about will be ? 
  • Jessie said:
    McNulty was quality at Coventry, albeit while they were in League Two.

Are you not worried then that he is the sort of player that we are trying to sign, and not even as a last minute panic buy?
    Good question.......... Good point..........
  • cafc_se7 said:
    Sorry Lee but you knew what you signed up for. I understand his frustration and I won’t be blaming him if we struggle this season but he can’t continually go on about it, ha knew the score. 
    You can’t knock him for trying, you should remember he has already made the rat budge in regards to his own contract (albeit probably not by a great amount)!?
    That should be done behind closed doors. Look I’m not defending Roland, we all know what he is but he took on the job and knew the situation. If Roland got anything from Konsa and is getting anything from Lookman he should be on at him but I’m not holding my breath. 

My wild guess theory is this is for show. I think Roland is backing LB, he clearly wanted him to stay and last season has caused a sea change and nobody’s noticed. I suspect for the outside world the story is there’s a limited pot of money available and LB has to stick to the budget, that way LB can say to other clubs and agents that’s all he can offer, take it or leave it. But my guess is for the right player or players something extra could be added to the transfer kitty if it looks like it’s a one-off special circumstance. I wouldn’t rule out a couple of ‘wtf’ signings that create  a bit of excitement just yet. Right, I now need to get out of the sun...
    Seriously?

When Bowyer was asked last week if he would see any of the Lookman sell on money, he laughed.

Some people have even said we've got a smaller budget this year than we had last year, but not sure how true that is.

We lost our main centre back because we wouldn't offer him a couple of grand a week extra. We lost Aribo because our owner was too tight to give him a decent offer last summer.

And now we're a championship side shopping around for league one free transfers. 

What part of any of this would you suggest is Roland backing the manager?
    And if LB had said ‘yes, RD has said I can have all that Lookman money’ roughly how much do you think the fee for the next player he enquires about will be ? 
    Undisclosed. 
  • I think it will be Marc McNulty, David Meyler (Reading player) tweeted the other day a picture of McNulty with the caption "last supper" so he's off somewhere soon. 

I very much doubt that.
    what*

Maybe poorly worded actually. One of the main reasons why we would have rejected us*

Are you telling me if you got offered 5-7K PW by a club you got absolute pelters from abused on the pitch during celebrations, generally known you weren't liked, A good chance they will be relegated next season there and let's not forget, the circus around our club atm.

VS

A team where you wouldn't need to drastically relocate (Vs a move down south) offered 8-10K pw, more than likely guaranteed to be a starter, Very good chance of promotion with 1 season and once they do get promoted, backed in further in the championship and never had abused that he got here?

I know what I would do if I was him, I'd take slightly more money, sign for a club I didn't get so much stick from and see If we are in the same league or swapped leagues in a years time.
    'what*'

Lol wot is internet meme slang for 'confusion, disbelief, or lack of understanding.' 

Which is completely different to your original point. Why would he not be liked if he signed for us? I think although he got pelters in the play offs, our fans know he is a good player. The bloke has been around football long enough to know how fickle fans are, and I believe issues such as pay, the manager, fellow team mates and location will have a much bigger sway over his decision.
  • edited July 2019
    If true and he rejected us. It would 100% be to do with the stick he has got from us which I am not overly bothered about.

I very much doubt that.
    what*

VS

'what*'

Lol wot is internet meme slang for 'confusion, disbelief, or lack of understanding.' 

Which is completely different to your original point. Why would he not be liked if he signed for us? I think although he got pelters in the play offs, our fans know he is a good player. The bloke has been around football long enough to know how fickle fans are, and I believe issues such as pay, the manager, fellow team mates and location will have a much bigger sway over his decision.

^
  • Weird that Morgan has played the most minutes given that he’s supposed to be going out on loan