Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• So according to Sky the club have turned down a bid for Taylor as has been reported on all social media. Now call me skeptical (sp), but I have a couple of theories about this-:
    1) Taylor was never going to be sold, but by the club saying a bid has been rejected it shows RD in a 'good' light that he has held onto one of our best players and he gets some kind of kudos!
    2) Taylor is up for sale, first bid rejected, 2nd or 3rd bid accepted out comes the "We did all we could to hold onto him, but he wanted to go as it was a massive pay rise for him, and we couldn't match their offer"
    3) As number 1, but add "We did all we could to get 5 players over the line, didn't quite get it done in time, but hey we've still got Lyle"
    4) All a smokescreen to deflect from AD leaving for Boro
    5) As number 2, but "deal didn't go through until late and it didn't allow us enough time to get any replacements in; but RD has promised we can have the funds in January to strengthen IF we are pushing for promotion"

Anything I've missed?
    6) The Rat owns the club and doesn't give a toss what us vinegar pissers think or want. He'll sell whatever assets he wants and it won't make any difference to our season as the bookies and pundits have us down as favourites for the drop (so his advisor tells him, the Rat only read the first 2% of the predictions ...)

• It's sounds unlikely, but maybe [Bowyer] got [an] agreement with Roland that he would be allowed to spend any money generated in the window? 
    Does not sound particularly unlikely to me. Knowing what has happened in past windows, I would have thought he would have made it a condition of signing a new contract that he got an appreciable percentage to re-invest of any money generated during each window. If he did not, then he has only himself to blame if asset-stripped.
  • edited August 2019
    Bowyer will see some of that AD money apparently

He may publicly claim he does not for obvious reasons but he will see a % of it.
  • I'm too lazy to read anything, I demand a summary

:smile:
    Patience, Henry. 

WIOTOS   :smile:

• Also not too worried that there are no signings yet. We are bottom of the Championship-level pecking order. We will have the pick of what is left after other clubs have sorted their ins and out. We could well sign four loanees just hours before the deadline. There will still players left on the shelf who could improve our squad, although not our first or second choices. For example, we wanted Nketiah, but may get John-Jules instead (and so on).
  • Addickted said:
    There is only one place where a peaceful mass protest of Charlton fans would have any effect.

Exactly. It's his manor, and he needs his routine, which includes lunch at Stayen pretty much every day. 

That said, he employs a lot of the 30k citizens, and has a good (but not invincible) relationship with local plod. 

Another mass protest is worth doing and do-able, but we should also think about other ways to embarrass him in front of those whose admiration he craves. 

I really admire the Led by Donkeys poster campaign but thus far we didn't get sensible quotes for posters over there. I would love to know how, and for how much the Donkeys guys got that big poster in Brussels for the very moment of Theresa May's visit. 

Seriously though, what are you and your middle aged buds gonna do? Wander round with a few leaflets and placards? Don’t mean to demean you fella but it ain’t gonna work. In the unlikely event a few bods went out there and ”something” happened, you’d be the first one condemning them and distancing yourself from them. Kudos to you for wanting to do something but these protests didn’t work before and won’t work now. For me, I have no idea what the solution is as I’m not by nature a protestor, so feel free to slam me for criticising whilst having no alternative suggestions 👍🏻
  • Addickted said:
    There is only one place where a peaceful mass protest of Charlton fans would have any effect.

What a perfect square for a protest. Rat has this coming big style
  • Bowyer will see some of that AD money apparently

He may publicly claim he does not for obvious reasons but he will see a % of it.
    Yeah 0 % 
  • Sponsored links:

There's no way we've been making bids for Toney without some reasonable funds from somewhere.
  • Dijksteel gone then, no surprise.

There's no way we've been making bids for Toney without some reasonable funds from somewhere.
    But are the bids we've made reasonable?
  • cafcwill said:
    We are now almost 48 hours from the deadline and in a week where we needed at least 4-5 new signings we have managed to sign nobody, sell our right back and now could potentially lose last seasons top scorer and POTY.

Triffic.
    Bow did say at the weekend that he felt like Delboy ….
    Yeah, due to Roland's Budget constraints, we'll have no options but to sign the Fijian equivalent of Lyle Taylor

Not a bad call actually. Roy Krishna destroyed the A-League last year.
  • cafcwill said:
    We are now almost 48 hours from the deadline and in a week where we needed at least 4-5 new signings we have managed to sign nobody, sell our right back and now could potentially lose last seasons top scorer and POTY.

Triffic.
    Yeah, due to Roland's Budget constraints, we'll have no options but to sign the Fijian equivalent of Lyle Taylor

Worth a punt I reckon 
  • edited August 2019
    We are not signing Bonne for 200k
    Making 3 bids for Ivan Toney 
    Bid rejected for a league 1 player 
    If we have 0 funds.

I am not defending RD but we do have a budget there even if it's a shit one.

I have even posed the question to someone who I trust and the response was "We get some not all" that goes into a transfers budget  
  • cafcwill said:

Triffic.

No sorry mate you misheard were signing Harry Krishna, he'll be arriving in a Beetle!!
  • Sponsored links:

2% ?

We could bid anything knowing they would be unlikely to agree.
    If they surprised us and accepted, we could just "change our mind".
  • We are either making bids for Toney as a LT replacement thinking we can use some of the money from his sale, not realising their chairman strikes a hard bargain unlike our owner. Or we knew it would get out and it will be look at what we tried to do, knowing it would fail.
  • Dannoo_86 said:

Hopefully Purrington snaps him in 2 when we play them.
    What a lovely chap you are. Are you sure you should not be supporting Millwall?

We could bid anything knowing they would be unlikely to agree.
    If they surprised us and accepted, we could just "change our mind".
    Bowyer and Gallen haven't got time now to play those games though, if they didn't have the funds to at least make Toney a possibility, they'd be targeting a L2 striker or just loan options.

After all why would Bowyer go through such a charade to make Roland look good (or rather not as bad)?
  • cafcwill said:

Triffic.

More chance of his brother Harry.
  • sam3110 said:
    Dannoo_86 said:

Hopefully Purrington snaps him in 2 when we play them.
    Flag
    Flag on a flag