Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• Also been told Harriet has been offered a 1 year contract that he is considering 
  • I'm fairly confident Taylor will be in a Charlton shirt Saturday. 
    I got nothing but gut feeling to go on, but the Taylor thing strikes me as a bit scaremongerish. I think he'll be ours until at least January. Anfernee, that looks more likely to go through, but as of now, officially at least, they are both still Addicks. WIOTOS
  • What's happening with Djiksteel, sounded like a done deal last night 
    On the ‘Boro forum there are a couple of people saying they usually announce signings between 5-6pm as want max social media coverage when people are home from work.  Not sure I buy that as i am fairly sure they are all on the dole so can’t see why after work would make any difference.
    That’s what I like about this forum, the fact that sweeping generalisations are never made.
  • Remember these players do not have to leave ... If they don’t want to ...they have contracts and can stay if they wish .... if they are offered a bigger salary and the club allows them to listen to it then that their prerogative - but no one can force a player in contract to leave - 
    I really hope you are right. But I honestly think the only way we keep him is if Bowyer let’s Rat know (privately) that he might walk if he sells him. And I don’t see that happening. I think where there is smoke, there is fire. And other Championship clubs realise Roland will sell anyone good at a cheap price right now. 
    Agree 100%.
    I so want you to be correct. 
    Doesn't bare thinking about otherwise. 
  • Also been told Harriet has been offered a 1 year contract that he is considering 
    Expect the poor sod only wants a 6 month one seeing the madhouse he is potentially walking into.
  • Sponsored links:

• wmcf123 said:
    Who’s not excited by the idea of a Bonne/ Harriott strike force on Saturday ? 
    Nothing wrong with that partnership. 

In league two. 
  • wmcf123 said:
    Who’s not excited by the idea of a Bonne/ Harriott strike force on Saturday ? 
    We might be lucky to have more than just Bonne at this rate
  • We always fail to get the deals over the line.

Other clubs always wait to get replacements in and then let players go (usually why we never get said deals over the line).

We will just get bent over and have our pants pulled down.

Again
  • Sponsored links:

• I’ve just been down to B & Q to get my pitch fork ready for Belgium. I’m currently on sky scanner. 

We are coming ..... 
  • Bet Taylor's mate is well happy he came here to join him and hes now fkin off somewhere else. 
  • The lack of noise in regards to incoming transfers is absolutely frightening. Even if we keep Taylor, we don’t sign anyone then we are in all sorts of shit
    I’m not concerned by the lack of rumours, Bowyer and Gallen will be close to a couple but I really hoped we would have signed 1 or 2 by now. 

In fairness we always moan we don’t get the deadline day excitement, looks to be different this year! 
  • We're linked with West Brom midfielder Sam Field on Twitter.

Their fans seem to rate him and dont understand why he is not in their team.
  • masicat said:
    I’m not one for protests, haven’t fully bought in to earlier protests even though I chipped in with a few quid. That said, I pledge a bus load for the Belgian trip as long as it’s peaceful. I think we could create a protest the likes of which has never been seen before. Bring the town of Brussels to a standstill. By time we finish this the old groat will be begging someone to buy the club. Every channel would cover it, and everyone would know who Charlton are. I can also pledge printing and signs. Bring it on.
    COYR - 
    Well said, i’ll be there. One final push.
  • 21cws said:

Only to accept the offer on Thursday. 
    Leaving Bowyer with no chance of getting a suitable replacement. 
    FUCK of Roland. 

21cws said:

Your bloody right mate.
  • The lack of noise in regards to incoming transfers is absolutely frightening. Even if we keep Taylor, we don’t sign anyone then we are in all sorts of shit
    I assume that this is because we are waiting for other clubs to do their business and therefore release their players.

Middlesbrough/Brentford just waiting to sign one more striker before they let their untried 19 year old out on loan to us...

I am absolutely CERTAIN of this.

(that @CharltonByBlood is fairly confident Taylor will be in a Charlton shirt on Saturday)