Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• Who will loan players to a team destined for relegation! We sell Taylor we are done. Bone isn’t ready apparently so what else can we do 
  • As someone once said:

“My proposition would be a real unique football fan experience — and see hopefully the next stars of the Premier League Championship, which we will have play for Charlton in the first team and then sell onto the Premier League Championship.”
  • edited August 2019
    There is only one small crumb of satisfaction I get from this thread and that is that most people now understand that we have to make RD feel the consequences in Belgium. In his town, for  his businesses, to his reputation. Regardless of whether Taylor goes, lets all focus on this and work together on multiple tactics. Let us not sit around arguing with each other while this wanton destruction takes place, all over again. Please support all plausible plans, regardless of who presents them. And of course, some plans won't be revealed until they actually happen, but at the same time don't rely on any one group. As I tried to show last week, he gave up on Standard when he realised that all of the fanbase was against him, and indeed the boardroom too. Let's do it. All of us.

Let's do it.
  • There is only one small crumb of satisfaction I get from this thread and that is that most people now understand that we have to make RD feel the consequences in Belgium. In his town, for  his businesses, to his reputation. Regardless of whether Taylor goes, lets all focus on this and work together on multiple tactics. Let us not sit around arguing with each other while this wanton destruction takes place, all over again. Please support all plausible plans, regardless of who presents them. And of course, some plans won't be revealed until they actually happen, but at the same time don't rely on any one group. As I tried to show last week, he gave up on Standard when he realised that all of the fanbase was against him, and indeed the boardroom too. Let's do it. All of us.

Let's do it.

There is only one small crumb of satisfaction I get from this thread and that is that most people now understand that we have to make RD feel the consequences in Belgium. In his town, for  his businesses, to his reputation. Regardless of whether Taylor goes, lets all focus on this and work together on multiple tactics. Let us not sit around arguing with each other while this wanton destruction takes place, all over again. Please support all plausible plans, regardless of who presents them. And of course, some plans won't be revealed until they actually happen, but at the same time don't rely on any one group. As I tried to show last week, he gave up on Standard when he realised that all of the fanbase was against him, and indeed the boardroom too. Let's do it. All of us.
    Agree with all you say @PragueAddick except the bit in BOLD.....the only boardroom he has is Murray, and he is too frightened to say anything...in fact he seems to have disappeared off the radar for the last 18 months!!
    In
  • I’m up for belgium
  • He says that bowyer isn’t happy but he says it’s football
    Hate to say it but if Taylor goes and no one comes in, I might loose a bit of respect for Bowyer if he stayed.
  • We are now almost 48 hours from the deadline and in a week where we needed at least 4-5 new signings we have managed to sign nobody, sell our right back and now could potentially lose last seasons top scorer and POTY.

Triffic.
  • We are now almost 48 hours from the deadline and in a week where we needed at least 4-5 new signings we have managed to sign nobody, sell our right back and now could potentially lose last seasons top scorer and POTY.

Triffic.
    Bow did say at the weekend that he felt like Delboy ….
  • Sponsored links:

Triffic.
    Bow did say at the weekend that he felt like Delboy ….
    Yeah, due to Roland's Budget constraints, we'll have no options but to sign the Fijian equivalent of Lyle Taylor

• There is only one small crumb of satisfaction I get from this thread and that is that most people now understand that we have to make RD feel the consequences in Belgium. In his town, for  his businesses, to his reputation. Regardless of whether Taylor goes, lets all focus on this and work together on multiple tactics. Let us not sit around arguing with each other while this wanton destruction takes place, all over again. Please support all plausible plans, regardless of who presents them. And of course, some plans won't be revealed until they actually happen, but at the same time don't rely on any one group. As I tried to show last week, he gave up on Standard when he realised that all of the fanbase was against him, and indeed the boardroom too. Let's do it. All of us.
    Agree with all you say @PragueAddick except the bit in BOLD.....the only boardroom he has is Murray, and he is too frightened to say anything...in fact he seems to have disappeared off the radar for the last 18 months!!
    I appreciate that difference, indeed. I guess my point is that we need him (via RM) to hear the disgruntlement in the West Stand too, in the lounges. That is what I understand finally happened at Standard. Nobody wanted him. 

And I don't know, but if we get that groundswell,  I believe RM will at least counsel RD that it won't just be marches in the streets of Sint-Truiden or an uptick in bookings at Stayen, although we need plenty of them,  but also more creative disruptions, engineered by semi-retired business types  who have a bit of time and disposable income :-) Reputational damage is what he deserves, and, I believe, what he might really fear. 
  • If we sell Taylor I'm done with Charlton

I know RD is a twat but on the other hand as far back as I can remember Charlton have always been a selling club! 
  • uie2 said:
    If we sell Taylor I'm done with Charlton

I know RD is a twat but on the other hand as far back as I can remember Charlton have always been a selling club! 
    Not to the likes of Brentford FFS - Since when have they been a big club?
  • uie2 said:

That's broadly true but by and large there have been adequate replacements either waiting in the wings within the Club or available to come in.

Gliksten sold Hales to Derby when we had a chance of going up and messed up our promotion chances but we weren't going down.

Roland seems to be actively ensuring we go straight back down which was probable anyway before he started this lot of fun and games.
  • uie2 said:

To an all be it “smaller club” in the same division with a less wealthy owner than ours? Right-o.
  • If Taylor goes then so does any hope we had of competing this season. RD has openly said he would rather be in League 1 so nothing will surprise me. The feel good factor had returned on the pitch at least and I was tempted back but if these two go and no one significant comes in then that's well and truly me done with all things Charlton until RD does one.
  • Ferryman said:
    He says that bowyer isn’t happy but he says it’s football
    Hate to say it but if Taylor goes and no one comes in, I might loose a bit of respect for Bowyer if he stayed.
    Why? It's not like he signed a contract on the basis that Taylor stays forever. His job is to make the team as competitive as possible under ridiculous circumstances that we all already knew about. He has every right to stick it out and see how much good he can do with the team he's been working with all summer, even if Roland has done his best to hamstring him at every turn.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2019
    Derby have just signed Wayne Rooney on a reported 80k a week deal, and we're not even paying our entire first XI that much!

Shows what we're up against in this division.
  • Apologies as I'm sure this has already been posted and I've missed it in all of this, but can someone summarise why Roland believes the cost of running a club in the Championship is so much higher than League 1, and therefore his rationale behind seemingly wanting us to go back down?
  • Derby have just signed Wayne Rooney on a reported 80k a week deal, and we're not even paying our entire first XI that much!

Also shows what a complete crock of shit FFP is.
  • Apologies as I'm sure this has already been posted and I've missed it in all of this, but can someone summarise why Roland believes the cost of running a club in the Championship is so much higher than League 1, and therefore his rationale behind seemingly wanting us to go back down?
    It only is when you look at teams paying huge wages.

We are paying league one wages, to a tiny squad but have additional revenue this year being in the championship. Looking at our transfer activity I wouldn't be surprised if we made an operating profit this season.
  • Derby have just signed Wayne Rooney on a reported 80k a week deal, and we're not even paying our entire first XI that much!

Derby found a loop hole, like the shit thwir owner did before by buying the ground then leasing it back.

This time the loop hole is coaching staff dont count towards FFP, so Rooney is player/Coach and they can offer 80k and not worry about FFP.

Back door things like that need to be clamped down on

Derby found a loop hole, like the shit thwir owner did before by buying the ground then leasing it back.

This time the loop hole is coaching staff dont count towards FFP, so Rooney is player/Coach and they can offer 80k and not worry about FFP.

Back door things like that need to be clamped down on
    How much money are Derby losing?

• Talal said:
    I've a sneaky suspicion that Albie Morgan will not be going out loan. 
    I agree you’re right

He’ll get sold to QPR for £150k
    He'll be worth more in January, when is when he'll be sold.

• Talal said:
    I've a sneaky suspicion that Albie Morgan will not be going out loan. 
    I agree you’re right

He’ll get sold to QPR for £150k
    He'll be worth more in January, when is when he'll be sold.
    Nah Lapslie will go in January

Morgan is next summer