Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• @paulie8290 or @Callumcafc what was the last post on LT's Twitter please?
    His last tweet was the one I posted when Grant scored the penalty saying 1-1 now
    Very unusual to be no traffic on his Twitter, even if it’s a RT. 
    His last tweet was the one I posted when Grant scored the penalty saying 1-1 now
    Wont be surprised if he's staying clear of it as his notifications on there must be draining his battery!!
  • No the free agents thread can start. 
  • At this rate we might have to tell Jason Euell to lace his boots up
    He's in the shower after training/driving to the local shop to buy a bottle of water.

• Do people get a pleasure having a wind up, Lyle is our most important player and you get pricks saying he is not at training, they have seen him at Waterloo  and  all stations west, time they grew up.
    I remember when it was our first team players used to do this
  • Rooney to Darby we can’t compete with that 
  • Was it LT who Tweeted the clip from the Simpsons with a contract being signed and stamped in it and while back and, if it were, what was the relevance?
  • Posted earlier that Taylor wasn't in training. Just got a text to say that was a wind up, he's definitely there. Doesn't mean he's staying but it's positive news!
    But se7since2000 told us his friend who was at sparrows lane said he wasnt training today
    All this tells us is 100pc someone is lying. They can’t both be right!
    and my guess is that it's not cafc1990 who's lying
  • Sponsored links:

• Was it LT who Tweeted the clip from the Simpsons with a contract being signed and stamped in it and while back and, if it were, what was the relevance?
    That was the deji signing. He was on a wind up
    Nope, was him getting us at it before revealing the signing oshilaja
  • _MrDick said:
    Redhenry said:
    It's been suggested to me that the Taylor to Bees rumour has probably come from the Charlton end to flush out a buyer. Brentford may not have even approached Lyle.
    Selling Taylor would put any sale at risk, IMO. It just reduces the value of the club. Any buyer would have to spend more buying replacements. @Redvaliant said he wasn’t training this morning and he has a very good source 
    Followed this up and apologises, evidently LT came in but went before training started so may not be as bad as first thought, Although rumour is Brentford and one other. Nothing on the incoming front though. By the way I don't do Facebook, avoid trains as much as I can, dont play PlayStation and not going back to school soon, in fact I'm retiring!!
  • Greenie said:
    Taylor to Brentford just mentioned on Sky transfer show.
    They also mentioned that Brentford are looking at a number of strikers.

Hopefully they go with one of the other strikers.
  • Addickted said:
    Heard Charlton have put in a bid for Lyle Taylor and he's training with their first team squad today.

Nah they don't have the funds
  • Greenie said:
    Taylor to Brentford just mentioned on Sky transfer show.
    They also mentioned that Brentford are looking at a number of strikers.

Hopefully they go with one of the other strikers.

This, the fact they’ve got a decent kitty and the fact they have multiple strikers on their radar.... surely they can find a better replacement than a 29 year old Lyle Taylor who’s never been proven in the championship? I know if I was Brentford and pushing for a top 6 finish as they claim, I don’t think Taylor is a player I’d be hellbent on getting. 

At at least I hope so for our sake anyway lol 
  • I'm sorry but what has all that got to do with RD trying to flush out buyers for Taylor? I agree with most you have written btw but I don't see the relevance.
  • Sponsored links:

• If Cawley is saying this has legs then it’s probably true.
  • Addickted said:
    Heard Charlton have put in a bid for Lyle Taylor and he's training with their first team squad today.

No, that was Tate and Lyle - both up and coming 43 year old midfielders.

Heard the agents were trying to sugar coat the contract with a few add-ons.

• We now have an auction with Boro joining the Taylor chase.
  • bobmunro said:
    Addickted said:

Sweet
  • Redhenry said:
    It does smell of RD putting the Bees interest out there to flush out more interest

i don't buy this stuff mate, we simply don't have enough people employed to waste time putting false rumours out there.

There's clearly no smoke without fire, and people saying about Bowyer being gutted, we'll he will know full well what was going on, would have known for weeks i suspect.

The problem with having a small budget / budget so below the average in your league is that you are just in no position to compete. Its not just in attracting players, its even more so with retaining ones in demand, or having the ability to pay a premium for future potential.

People are saying Roland should have got Djiksteel to have signed a contract? When, and what should the offer have been? I suspect he is probably on 1 - 1.5k a week, an U21/ fringe contract. His agent will know that if he gets a top half Champ club interested you'll be looking at increasing that to 10 - 13k a week, with sizeable step ups built in on performance (average Champ pay is above 20k per week).

What should we have offered and when? Because if you put Djiksteel up to £10k a week, then Taylor is banging on the door wanting £15k, someone like Solly might have a parity clause in his contract, Philips only just signed a new contract at a much lower level so he's proper p*ssed off now. That's how your costs rise rapidly as soon as you break that top end as it quickly has a knock on effect.

If we couldn't afford to keep Bauer and compete with Preston then it triggered alarm bells. We can't get near what Djiksteel will get at Boro and Taylor will likely be on £20k+ plus with Brentford as they have sold well and are cash-heavy.

The Championship is a financially disasterous league. it is killing football with its structure and financial allowances.

You have any solution ?
  • Just drove to Sparrows Lane to see if anything is going on there. No players there now and nothing to see with gate locked as usual. Drove out past Paul Mortimer but kicking myself now I didn't pull over and ask him what he knew about the rumour. Oh well, time will tell. 
  • bobmunro said:
    Addickted said:

This proper reminded me of Mike Bassett.... Benson and Hedges lol 
  • edited August 2019
    Ferryman said:
    We now have an auction with Boro joining the Taylor chase.
    Whoever offer the least amount gets him. Sealed bids to be opened at 16.55 on Thursday so we don’t have time to get a replacement. 

Actually 16.50 as Chris Parkes has to put Sue’s dinner on at 16.55. 
  • meldrew66 said:
    Just drove to Sparrows Lane to see if anything is going on there. No players there now and nothing to see with gate locked as usual. Drove out past Paul Mortimer but kicking myself now I didn't pull over and ask him what he knew about the rumour. Oh well, time will tell. 
    ANNOUNCE PAUL MORTIMER