Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• Redhenry said:
    I'm sorry but what has all that got to do with RD trying to flush out buyers for Taylor? I agree with most you have written btw but I don't see the relevance.

RD will use LDT or intermediaries on his behalf
  • Redhenry said:
    It does smell of RD putting the Bees interest out there to flush out more interest

i don't buy this stuff mate, we simply don't have enough people employed to waste time putting false rumours out there.

There's clearly no smoke without fire, and people saying about Bowyer being gutted, we'll he will know full well what was going on, would have known for weeks i suspect.

The problem with having a small budget / budget so below the average in your league is that you are just in no position to compete. Its not just in attracting players, its even more so with retaining ones in demand, or having the ability to pay a premium for future potential.

People are saying Roland should have got Djiksteel to have signed a contract? When, and what should the offer have been? I suspect he is probably on 1 - 1.5k a week, an U21/ fringe contract. His agent will know that if he gets a top half Champ club interested you'll be looking at increasing that to 10 - 13k a week, with sizeable step ups built in on performance (average Champ pay is above 20k per week).

What should we have offered and when? Because if you put Djiksteel up to £10k a week, then Taylor is banging on the door wanting £15k, someone like Solly might have a parity clause in his contract, Philips only just signed a new contract at a much lower level so he's proper p*ssed off now. That's how your costs rise rapidly as soon as you break that top end as it quickly has a knock on effect.

If we couldn't afford to keep Bauer and compete with Preston then it triggered alarm bells. We can't get near what Djiksteel will get at Boro and Taylor will likely be on £20k+ plus with Brentford as they have sold well and are cash-heavy.

The Championship is a financially disasterous league. it is killing football with its structure and financial allowances.

Well put sir....especially the last sentence.

• Redhenry said:
    It does smell of RD putting the Bees interest out there to flush out more interest

i don't buy this stuff mate, we simply don't have enough people employed to waste time putting false rumours out there.

There's clearly no smoke without fire, and people saying about Bowyer being gutted, we'll he will know full well what was going on, would have known for weeks i suspect.

The problem with having a small budget / budget so below the average in your league is that you are just in no position to compete. Its not just in attracting players, its even more so with retaining ones in demand, or having the ability to pay a premium for future potential.

People are saying Roland should have got Djiksteel to have signed a contract? When, and what should the offer have been? I suspect he is probably on 1 - 1.5k a week, an U21/ fringe contract. His agent will know that if he gets a top half Champ club interested you'll be looking at increasing that to 10 - 13k a week, with sizeable step ups built in on performance (average Champ pay is above 20k per week).

What should we have offered and when? Because if you put Djiksteel up to £10k a week, then Taylor is banging on the door wanting £15k, someone like Solly might have a parity clause in his contract, Philips only just signed a new contract at a much lower level so he's proper p*ssed off now. That's how your costs rise rapidly as soon as you break that top end as it quickly has a knock on effect.

If we couldn't afford to keep Bauer and compete with Preston then it triggered alarm bells. We can't get near what Djiksteel will get at Boro and Taylor will likely be on £20k+ plus with Brentford as they have sold well and are cash-heavy.

The Championship is a financially disasterous league. it is killing football with its structure and financial allowances.

Tom Heaton moved to Villa as they were able to offer him much better wages, Dyche clearly decided it was better to let him go than blow his wage structure and cause financial issues down the line.
  • Ferryman said:
    We now have an auction with Boro joining the Taylor chase.
    This backs up my suggestion 
  • Trust me that this is not a knee jerk reaction but if Taylor is sold then that’s me completely done with this club until the vindictive mad bastard sells up. 

It's exactly what he wants. Wreck the team, destroy the fanbase, wind up the club and sell the land. 
    Sell the land.....to who and what for, without planning permission it’s pretty much worthless and he (nor anyone else), wouldn’t get that in a million years.

If Charlton were wound up/merged with another club why wouldn't the land be granted planning permission. The stadium and training ground aren't likely to be preserved in aspic for old times sake. 
    How long did it take to get permission for the vacant GAA ground in New Eltham? Was it 20 years or 30?
    At least 25 yrs with the GAA ground and only if they let the old Bardhill ground where Millwall trained be used for sports.

• Redhenry said:
    I'm sorry but what has all that got to do with RD trying to flush out buyers for Taylor? I agree with most you have written btw but I don't see the relevance.
    Sorry @Redhenry if i weren’t clear, that our club has active people engaged in putting out false rumours to try and flush out interest. Can’t see on a skeleton staff who would be behind that or have any credibility with journos to get it running.
  • Lyle Taylor now trending on twattersphere
  • What do you think the asking price would be?

Crawley saying more than 2m so can't be much more than that. Maybe 2.5m is the magic number?

Pennies compared to what another club could get for him 
  • If you own a club in the championship you have to understand you are losing 15million a year... That's the average... So fuck off Roland and let another maniac who is happy to play at this level, instead of trying to rewrite the rules or callously decimate everyones hope... You done fucked up Roland, take the pain and fuck off before we hurt you... 
  • Sponsored links:

• Redhenry said:
    Sorry @Redhenry if i weren’t clear, that our club has active people engaged in putting out false rumours to try and flush out interest. Can’t see on a skeleton staff who would be behind that or have any credibility with journos to get it running.
    Agents and intermediaries do this all the time. As I said before it was a suggestion. Not sure what the rest of the post was aimed at though. 🙄
  • Trust me that this is not a knee jerk reaction but if Taylor is sold then that’s me completely done with this club until the vindictive mad bastard sells up. 
    Same here.  What's the point?  He's not handicapping the club, he's shooting it in the head.
  • Charlton in buy one , get one free deal with Middlesbrough !
  • Redhenry said:
    Redhenry said:
    Agents and intermediaries do this all the time. As I said before it was a suggestion. Not sure what the rest of the post was aimed at though. 🙄
    it evolved into a general rant :-)
  • http://chng.it/9w6yNjTVdB

I know it's pointless but oh well
  • Redhenry said:
    Redhenry said:
    it evolved into a general rant :-)
    Fair enough, aimed in the wrong direction though.
  • edited August 2019
    Lyle's the type of striker you buy if you want to have a serious crack at promotion. If £2.5m really is his price half the league will be after him. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Only thing to bring this to a halt is that Lyle signs a new contract and with the current wage structure that doesn't seem likely, then he is off, 29 years of age last big payday who can blame him. Our problems increase, no strikers and no money given to Bowyer .
  • Do people get a pleasure having a wind up, Lyle is our most important player and you get pricks saying he is not at training, they have seen him at Waterloo  and  all stations west, time they grew up.
    My mate did. But he’s a Hammer so is a total knob. 
  • I'm annoyed at myself thinking that the squad size couldn't get any worse, needing 5 players and not getting them is rock bottom...

Few days later and it clearly is not because potentially 7 players needed is nearer to rock bottom, not even rock bottom.
  • Macronate said:
    So, about all these incomings....
    The lack of rumours is a bit concerning, when you have 2 days to bring in 4/5 players, you'd have expected more information to have leaked out by now about targets
  • LT just been seen boarding a train at Waterloo (Facebook group) make of that what you like.
    On way to Brentford training ground perhaps?
    Get the medical done early doors in case it goes to the wire, including getting our new Josh Parker.
  • edited August 2019
    So while we worry, quite rightly, about our idiotic owner selling another of our assets, Derby have signed Rooney on a player-coach contract, mainly player for this season (in January). When interviewed the Derby chairman, among other things, said and I quote-:
    "Obviously, the commercial opportunities this creates are widespread and significant. On the back of Wayne joining the club, we have just been offered a record-breaking sponsorship deal with our principal shirt sponsor."

What a difference in outlook compared to our senile old fool of an owner!!
  • We all know Roland and we all know this is going to be true. We don’t know how Taylor feels but Roland would bite a clubs hand of if they offer over 2 mil. 

Dont forget Taylor is 30 and to Roland we are running out of time to sell him; think Yann and Bowyers comments about resale value. 
  • If we sell Taylor I'm done with Charlton